*** Don't Wait Too Long - PSA *** 3 pages: 1 2 [3]
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 7:05:07 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
No response is, in fact, a response.

I was just thinking the same thing.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 7:07:41 AM
SK DesignWorks wrote:
I just received the latest newsletter from Zazzle this afternoon. Nothing different. The same TOS.

Then I guess we have their 'answer'. The amount of things that need to change before I would even consider coming back tells me I won't be.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 7:53:49 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
The point is that Zazzle has found a way to shave 50% of your royalty.

+1

30% royalty should pay 30% with maybe a small carve out for a true affiliate. (not Zazzle advertising)

+1

The program is called "Name Your Royalty" and not "Name Your Royalty Divided by 2."

And the cost of extras should go to the buyer and never come out of my royalty. I don't even know what universe this idea came from...

If something is given freely at no cost all over the Internet, I don't know why anyone should pay for it, but in any event, it certainly shouldn't be a Designer - especially one whose input has been completely disregarded.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 7:56:00 AM
Remember when the chat came out how Z asked us to "be kind" and not leave the customer hanging?

I would like to ask Zazzle why they don't practice what they preach?

you have left the whole designer community hanging so long that it is now down to the wire on the royalty freeze and still no answers.

You can still be kind and at least give us the opt outs we need.

I hate to sound so angry but I am angry.

this is a really strange way you have of "fostering positivity"

+1 all that. Frustrated, angry, and very disappointed that I've put so much effort into this place. I thought PODs learned from CP's failure. Short memories, I guess.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 8:48:27 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
Frustrated, angry, and very disappointed that I've put so much effort into this place. I thought PODs learned from CP's failure. Short memories, I guess.

Success is a lousy teacher.

I am personally bewildered, astonished and flabbergasted that Z hung us all on a hook and left us there. Normally they at least try to communicate. None of this bodes well as we bide time.

Oh well, I have lived most of my life unprepared and uninformed and getting things done last minute. I've gotten pretty good at winging it.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 9:01:12 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
+1 all that. Frustrated, angry, and very disappointed that I've put so much effort into this place. I thought PODs learned from CP's failure. Short memories, I guess.

Zazzle has certainly forgotten that it was because of what Cafepress did to its designers, treating them as "content providers" and not much else, is what drove millions of people here and helped make a struggling company that had just let go of 15% of its workforce, number one in the pod industry.

The one and only time Zazzle's CEO communicated with us was a posting in this message board, now long gone, that welcomed CP refugees and promised that they would never burn us the way Cafepress did. Well, it's been 10 years and I guess there was a statute of limitations to that promise.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 9:09:00 AM
Dementees wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

Zazzle has certainly forgotten that it was because of what Cafepress did to its designers, treating them as "content providers" and not much else, is what drove millions of people here and helped make a struggling company that had just let go of 15% of its workforce, number one in the pod industry.

The one and only time Zazzle's CEO communicated with us was a posting in this message board, now long gone, that welcomed CP refugees and promised that they would never burn us the way Cafepress did. Well, it's been 10 years and I guess there was a statute of limitations to that promise.

Wow, that is a sad commentary on Zazzle.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 9:10:25 AM
Has anyone who changed their royalties seen that change occur yet? When I reset my default I also told it to change all of my royalties to 20% but I don't see that that has happened. Wasn't that supposed to be today? Maybe it is taking a while because so many folks are changing them.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 9:14:20 AM
Anderson_Designs wrote:
Has anyone who changed their royalties seen that change occur yet? When I reset my default I also told it to change all of my royalties to 20% but I don't see that that has happened. Wasn't that supposed to be today? Maybe it is taking a while because so many folks are changing them.

Midnight tonight, I think.

Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 9:14:24 AM
Anderson_Designs wrote:

I changed mine yesterday and have not seen it update as of yet.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 9:14:46 AM
Jerry wrote:
Anderson_Designs wrote:

Midnight tonight, I think.

Thanks Jerry Smile
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 9:37:30 AM
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:
Anderson_Designs wrote:

I changed mine yesterday and have not seen it update as of yet.

There is always a delay when changes like this are happening, even when it is the normal 20th day of the month change. The delay depends on how many are changing royalties.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 10:10:04 AM
From the news post...

Friday November 8th at 11:59pm PST

So, we still have a little less than 14 hours before the deadline. We won't see a change before then and probably not for days after.

I went through some yesterday. I ended up changing three product types before I was called away with life stuff. I am going to try to get to the popular product lines, but I doubt that I will be able to finish or do an efficient job with little time and zero point zero insight.
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 3:03:36 PM
In the Everything Else forum, I posted a Remember When? thread. I was sneakily trying to remind Zazzle what their MP looked like at one point. I am wondering if there will be holes on the 23rd.
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 12:42:34 AM
I wonder how much money Z is losing with so many people closing down their shops.
đź’¸