Verschlimmbessert - Collection modifications not an improvement 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:10:47 AM
Thanks, Scott!
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:32:06 AM
Maz wrote:
ZingerBug wrote:
Ummm… I'm thinking there may be a bigger issue here. I spent some time reorganizing one of my collections last night, and I just went to look at it today, and it's all back in the same order it was before I reorganized it! What gives?


That was already reported
https://forum.zazzle.com/technical/problems_with_organizing_collections?m=1658388#1658388


Thanks Maz. Guess I won't waste any more time reorganizing collections for a while!
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:17:34 PM
@Scott Yay!Thanks, Scott! Only hope they work! Happy
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:33:19 PM
Scott wrote:
The 'move to front' and 'move to back' buttons should return tonight.


Very nice! Thank you so much! Roses
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:49:09 PM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:
1. I too find the icons on the images with the shading unattractive and distracting. On our current product pages, there is a band of social media share buttons and the old blue icon and heart. Why not just put a row like that under the picture but above the product title? That would be far less obtrusive and have greater utility for shoppers, promoter, and designers alike. And get rid of the shading. It doesn't work. Newfangled isn't necessarily better than tried and true.

2. Also please bring back the forward/backward arrows inside the collections. Collections are hard to arrange and rearrange at best. And do consider adding new additions to the end of a collection. Or, better still giving us a choice: beginning or end.

Picture in re: Point 1 added:



I agree with the majority, the blue is obtrusive and the shadow doesn't work at all. The product views are being obstructed and it looks cluttered. Also, Great suggestion, Saints Aplenty. I really like the example given. I'd much rather see them moved under the product pictures.
P.S. Thanks for returning the arrows, it's much needed!
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:55:40 PM
The 'move to front' and 'move to back' buttons have been added back.

The 'move to front' button has a silly little bug where when you click the button it will move the product to the front of the collection AND push you up to the top of the page. This is a perplexing one.

But none of this really matters much right now because collection reorganization is currently broken.

So please do not spend time reorganizing collections because the ordering will not be saved.
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:36:57 PM
Scott wrote:
The 'move to front' and 'move to back' buttons have been added back.

The 'move to front' button has a silly little bug where when you click the button it will move the product to the front of the collection AND push you up to the top of the page. This is a perplexing one.

But none of this really matters much right now because collection reorganization is currently broken.

So please do not spend time reorganizing collections because the ordering will not be saved.


Well it will be nice to still have that function when the other things get fixed.

Thank you!
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 4:26:23 PM
The problem with collections is that it doesn't work. I stopped working on collections a couple days ago because I was wasting time. I haven't added anything new to collections due to the fact that I can't arrange the collection. But now I just found out that all my collections on my Pinterest page hasn't been going to the collection or even to my Zazzle store but to trending collections. So that is another major time consuming issue to get fixed. If hadn't check the tech forum I would have missed this major issue. So check your collections on Pinterest also.
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 5:55:49 PM
AfriCreations wrote:
The problem with collections is that it doesn't work. I stopped working on collections a couple days ago because I was wasting time. I haven't added anything new to collections due to the fact that I can't arrange the collection. But now I just found out that all my collections on my Pinterest page hasn't been going to the collection or even to my Zazzle store but to trending collections. So that is another major time consuming issue to get fixed. If hadn't check the tech forum I would have missed this major issue. So check your collections on Pinterest also.


Since zazzle is aware and are in the process to fix the mess they made in regards to collections, there is nothing to do but to wait, until they fixed the broken ordering and the broken collection links and who knows they might actually ask their design department for a prettier and less distracting solution for that ugly blue link.

A slight improvement would be a glow instead of a shadow. Happy

·△·
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:57:51 PM
Scott wrote:
The 'move to front' and 'move to back' buttons should return tonight.


Glad to hear that, Scott. Thanks!Smile I see they are on there now.
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2019 10:16:50 PM
Scott wrote:
The 'move to front' and 'move to back' buttons should return tonight.


They are back, but are not effective. The changes still do not stick.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:22:58 PM
Collections should be back to normal now.

Apologies again for the issues.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:31:21 PM
Scott wrote:
Collections should be back to normal now.

Apologies again for the issues.

Not on my end. Sorting still doesn't stick.
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:31:33 PM
Scott wrote:
Collections should be back to normal now.

Apologies again for the issues.


Hi Scott,

I just tried to rearrange items in a collection and when I refreshed the page they all snapped back to how it was before I started.

Will it take time to index the changes, or should we be able to see them right away?
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 5:59:23 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Scott wrote:
Collections should be back to normal now.

Apologies again for the issues.


Hi Scott,

I just tried to rearrange items in a collection and when I refreshed the page they all snapped back to how it was before I started.

Will it take time to index the changes, or should we be able to see them right away?

Me too. I rearranged one yesterday and it didn't take. Not sure if I just need to wait, or if I need to do it over or what.
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 10:24:25 AM
Did one just now, changes didn't stick.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded