Using heart or hearts in search term
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 8:29:42 AM
I tried searching to see if this has been posted before, but couldn't find anything. Whenever I put the word heart or hearts in the search box, it doesn't bring up products with heart or hearts design on them in the MP. Instead it goes directly to the Zazzle Hearts page.

Is there a way customers can find our products with heart designs on them? Thanks in advance.
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 8:41:00 AM
Doubtful anyone would find what they are looking for without a secondary search term. The search seems to work as expected if you add another word like "valentines" or "red" or "teacher"
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:25:01 AM
ValeriesGallery wrote:
I tried searching to see if this has been posted before, but couldn't find anything. Whenever I put the word heart or hearts in the search box, it doesn't bring up products with heart or hearts design on them in the MP. Instead, it goes directly to the Zazzle Hearts page.

Is there a way customers can find our products with heart designs on them? Thanks in advance.

As noted by Masterpiece Cafe, a search for heart will lead to the Zazzle Heart page. A secondary item such as a product type or category is required to yield results.

Moving this thread to feedback as not a technical issue Smile
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:36:43 AM
That means we know how to find hearts, but will the customers know they have to add a second term to get away from Zazzle Hearts? Is it even likely they'll be running a search for those specific products?
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:48:05 AM
Colorwash wrote:
That means we know how to find hearts, but will the customers know they have to add a second term to get away from Zazzle Hearts? Is it even likely they'll be running a search for those specific products?

Clearly emphatically NOPE!
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:50:09 AM
Thanks for the replies.
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 10:27:57 AM
heart goes to Zazzle Heart page but hearts brings up heart shaped products and all things tagged with hearts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 11:31:48 AM
Susannah Keegan wrote:
heart goes to Zazzle Heart page but hearts brings up heart shaped products and all things tagged with hearts

Not all the time. It's hit or miss.
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 11:44:19 AM
We've been over this before in the past, and my response hasn't changed much: In almost all cases, customers add a product type at the end of their search. So "heart stickers" or "cute heart invitations" or something like that. Designers, on the other hand, tend to 'browse' the site by entering slightly more vague search terms like "heart" or "vintage red" or something like that.

Ultimately, nobody wants to spend more time than necessary completing a task, so customers do tend to come to Zazzle with a pretty good idea of what they're looking for.
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 12:33:01 PM
If you do not hit the ENTER key immediately, a list of heart items is in the dropdown from the search bar.

Hopefully customers will see this and get the idea of products provided.
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2018 7:32:09 AM
I put the word "hearts" into the search box and got all kinds of items with hearts on them.