Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread 21 pages: First ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2019 6:18:39 PM
I'm uncomfortable having customers know when I've viewed a message. If their request is simple, I may be able to handle it right away. If not or a client calls me and I have to step away, I don't need them wondering why I haven't responded.

I'm uncomfortable not having an away message option. This is a basic functionality of all message systems for a reason I'm sure I don't need to repeat.

I'm uncomfortable with the customer expectation that someone will respond immediately. I'm uncomfortable with the Zazzle expectation that we as non-employees (without emloyee compensation) will handle customer service request.

But if that's not enough, confirmation that Zazzle's "Associate" ID is in the message notification email link is the final incentive I need to not ever respond to another message. I am not going to help customers and pay Zazzle 20 percent of my Royalty for the privilege.
Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2019 6:55:39 PM
Wow, RoyK....perfectly stated.
+1 to all you said
Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2019 7:47:59 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
I'm uncomfortable having customers know when I've viewed a message. If their request is simple, I may be able to handle it right away. If not or a client calls me and I have to step away, I don't need them wondering why I haven't responded.

I'm uncomfortable not having an away message option. This is a basic functionality of all message systems for a reason I'm sure I don't need to repeat.

I'm uncomfortable with the customer expectation that someone will respond immediately. I'm uncomfortable with the Zazzle expectation that we as non-employees (without emloyee compensation) will handle customer service request.

But if that's not enough, confirmation that Zazzle's "Associate" ID is in the message notification email link is the final incentive I need to not ever respond to another message. I am not going to help customers and pay Zazzle 20 percent of my Royalty for the privilege.

+1

If there is now a way for a customer to see that I’ve read their message then I won’t ever open that chat window again. It’s bad enough that there was no way to delete a conversation but now if I look at it and decide not to respond the customer will know I am not away but that I am ignoring them. Where is the off button?
Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:24:12 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

+1

Thanks for pointing this out, RoyK.

Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2019 11:17:02 PM
buxmontweb wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

+1

Thanks for pointing this out, RoyK.

Shocked +1
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 4:48:15 AM
Shirley Stalter wrote:
Wow, RoyK....perfectly stated.
+1 to all you said

I agree. +1
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 5:07:28 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

Zazzle being its own Associate is crazy. I love Zazzle and don't mind at all to share my money with real persons who are so nice to promote my products, in fact whenever that happens I jump for joy for both of us, the nice promoter and myself, but whenever I have a sale where Zazzle is its own Associate, my hair stands straight. It just doesn't feel right... I wish Zazzle could make us understand why they do it, it might help me to feel happier about it #JMHOLove
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 7:03:10 AM
I'll just restate what everyone is saying.
Almost all of my chats so far are CS related. I am now CS for zazzle.

We need an away option for vacations. We need it to clearly state we are not CS and only there to help with design questions or requests. CS needs a chat function. I can't believe you expect us to do your CS for you when most of us have FT jobs other then zazzle and are not in front of a computer.

and how about adding a notification to the app so I know when someone is using chat. I like the idea of a design chat and list my email in my about section, but I can't take CS questions.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 8:26:22 AM
yoursparklingshop wrote:
Zazzle being its own Associate is crazy. I love Zazzle and don't mind at all to share my money with real persons who are so nice to promote my products, in fact whenever that happens I jump for joy for both of us, the nice promoter and myself, but whenever I have a sale where Zazzle is its own Associate, my hair stands straight. It just doesn't feel right... I wish Zazzle could make us understand why they do it, it might help me to feel happier about it #JMHOLove

+1 all that.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 10:11:59 AM
Chat is not a final product. We got to a natural break point in our development (and ran into a hard deadline) and so further development was suspended until January.

You're all welcome to continue to provide feedback, but know that we won't be rolling out any new changes until at least January. Right now we're focused on ensuring that our website performance and stability are rock-solid.

In the new year when we resume development on Chat I'll mention some of these concerns.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 10:37:36 AM
Scott wrote:
Chat is not a final product. We got to a natural break point in our development (and ran into a hard deadline) and so further development was suspended until January.

You're all welcome to continue to provide feedback, but know that we won't be rolling out any new changes until at least January. Right now we're focused on ensuring that our website performance and stability are rock-solid.

In the new year when we resume development on Chat I'll mention some of these concerns.

Interesting...

Maybe the powers that be can put the word "beta" on the chat bubble and message buttons. I suggest this because it seems there are some bugs in the system, letting customers know its a beta version could alleviate some potential frustrations...

Just a thought.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 11:31:57 AM
Scott wrote:

Unfortunately this just makes me think one thing - why was chat launched if it hadn't been fully developed/wasn't ready? To me it seems a poor business decision given customers over christmas (which is surely one of your busiest times) are going to be disappointed with the service they receive as a result.

To also tell Pro Zazzle designers (who will generate a large proportion of your sales) that, effectively, our concerns are just going to have to wait, probably isn't the smartest move either...

Just wanting to make it clear that I'm not trying to be rude here, but I do question some of the decision making.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 11:42:48 AM
Shutter Snaps wrote:
Scott wrote:

Unfortunately this just makes me think one thing - why was chat launched if it hadn't been fully developed/wasn't ready? To me it seems a poor business decision given customers over christmas (which is surely one of your busiest times) are going to be disappointed with the service they receive as a result.

To also tell Pro Zazzle designers (who will generate a large proportion of your sales) that, effectively, our concerns are just going to have to wait, probably isn't the smartest move either...

Just wanting to make it clear that I'm not trying to be rude here, but I do question some of the decision making.

+1
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 11:50:33 AM
yoursparklingshop wrote:

I'm curious how you know when you have a sale where Zazzle is its own Associate. All I see on the reports is "3rd party."
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 12:05:08 PM
Scott wrote:

Thanks for letting us know!
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 12:42:42 PM
Scott wrote:

Thanks Scott, knowing that little bit does actually help. So far, I haven't had any issues with chat, but like pretty much everyone else, I'd sure love some sort of "away" option. I'm hoping that might be next up, in the new year.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 12:45:33 PM
Shutter Snaps wrote:
What other retailers are making changes in the month of December? What we're doing is pretty common as far as I'm aware.

Ultimately, you can choose the 'glass mostly empty' perspective if you want, and you'll certainly have good company with a handful of the users that frequent the Feedback forum, but you're likely outnumbered by the designers that are quite happy that we refocus our energy on ensuring that our website is optimized for the holiday rush.

I understand that Chat isn't perfect at this time, but our testing showed that it improved conversion and so we left it up on the site for the holiday season. In the new year, when we resume development, I will check in with the team to see what the plans are for Chat moving forward.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 1:10:20 PM
Scott wrote:
Shutter Snaps wrote:
What other retailers are making changes in the month of December? What we're doing is pretty common as far as I'm aware.

I understand that Chat isn't perfect at this time, but our testing showed that it improved conversion and so we left it up on the site for the holiday season. In the new year, when we resume development, I will check in with the team to see what the plans are for Chat moving forward.

I appreciate your points but I will make a prediction - When you see the drop in sales and repeat business from customers (because contributors are not willing to provide the free customer service that Zazzle should be providing) and they go elsewhere, the chat feature will be scaled back.

I obviously want Zazzle to suceed as much as anyone else but I really do think that if you were to run a poll, the majority of contributors would want chat disabled in its current form. I think it's hurting your contributors as well as your customers, where without either there won't be a business.

Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 1:41:30 PM
In case it hasn't been mentioned somewhere in this extremely long thread, I'd really love to be able to forward a chat to customer service. Even when the customer does have legitimate design questions or requests, it almost always ends with questions about production or shipping... and all I can do is re-iterate what's on the product page and/or send them a link to customer service, and it seems like that's the point at which the sale is lost. That's my experience anyway. I think if we could easily hand them off to someone who could answer their questions it would be a much better experience for the customer.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 2:28:55 PM
ZingerBug wrote:

I'm curious how you know when you have a sale where Zazzle is its own Associate. All I see on the reports is "3rd party."

I believe it's when you see a Zazzle tracking code in the emails that are sent when you've made a sale.
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 4:56:22 PM
Scott wrote:

Then quite frankly it should NOT have been taken live!

What you are doing not only to designers but more importantly customers is unacceptable!

Posted: Monday, December 9, 2019 7:26:31 PM
I just got my first Chat message. I wasn't planning on participating, but I went ahead and put on my Etsy hat that I hadn't worn in a while. Laughing

Yeeeeah ... we need an away option ... or opt out ... or something.
I really don't like the thought of ignoring customers, but I can't devote that kind of time to this platform in that way for orders I'm not printing, packing and shipping myself.

Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 5:15:07 AM
Scott wrote:

Ultimately, you can choose the 'glass mostly empty' perspective if you want, and you'll certainly have good company with a handful of the users that frequent the Feedback forum, but you're likely outnumbered by the designers that are quite happy that we refocus our energy on ensuring that our website is optimized for the holiday rush.

Amen to that! Thanks, Scott. Good to know that updates are coming.
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:04:02 AM
I also got my first. Of course about delivery date. I apologized and said we are not on 24/7 as chat implies and only know when/if we open our email or sign into Zazzle. Also have no knowledge or say so about production or delivery.

I was able to tell her the dog in the product was a show dog belonging to an acquaintance of mine.

d
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:47:45 AM
deemac1 wrote:
I also got my first. Of course about delivery date. I apologized and said we are not on 24/7 as chat implies and only know when/if we open our email or sign into Zazzle. Also have no knowledge or say so about production or delivery.

I was able to tell her the dog in the product was a show dog belonging to an acquaintance of mine.

d

My customer wanted to add personalization to the order she had already placed. I'm like ... okay ... this is not good.
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 11:40:02 AM
deemac1 wrote:

d

I get these questions a lot, and the easiest, helpful answer is to simply tell the customer to add the product to their cart and choose their shipping options - and this will get them a more accurate estimate of delivery time. The customer always appreciates that answer and it only takes a few seconds to type that out.

And before anyone mentions that they're not being reimbursed by zazzle to work as CS for them... these folks are on MY product pages, asking questions about MY designs on products. Yes, they might be zazzle customers but they're also MY customers looking to purchase something I designed. Therefore, I'm going to take the time to answer their questions (even if they are often CS related) because I want them to have as pleasant of a shopping experience as possible.

That's my approach, every else's mileage may vary.
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 11:55:44 AM
reflections06 wrote:
deemac1 wrote:

d

I get these questions a lot, and the easiest, helpful answer is to simply tell the customer to add the product to their cart and choose their shipping options - and this will get them a more accurate estimate of delivery time. The customer always appreciates that answer and it only takes a few seconds to type that out.

And before anyone mentions that they're not being reimbursed by zazzle to work as CS for them... these folks are on MY product pages, asking questions about MY designs on products. Yes, they might be zazzle customers but they're also MY customers looking to purchase something I designed. Therefore, I'm going to take the time to answer their questions (even if they are often CS related) because I want them to have as pleasant of a shopping experience as possible.

That's my approach, every else's mileage may vary.

+1
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:16:31 PM
I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude about this chat feature, but I've now spent over a month chatting with the same customer about her wedding seating chart. If she does ever buy the thing I'll be amazed, and I'll also probably make about a dollar on it. Oy!

Anyhow, I'm wondering if Zazzle could "pre-stock" our chat windows with some approved and accurate information that we could insert at the click of a button with answers to common questions about shipping, paper types, ink, yadda, yadda, yadda. I can type pretty fast, but honestly, trying do describe how they can find the information on the paper etc when I don't know if they're using the phone app, or tablet or what gets a bit daunting. I may try to create a document with pat answers for this sort of thing so I can just copy paste in the future, but it would be really helpful if there were some FAQ responses that were concise and accurate that we could just use. Maybe this exists somewhere and I just need to link to it? I'm just feeling like I'm spending an inordinate amount of time researching answers and trying to craft decent explanations.
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:12:30 PM
ZingerBug wrote:
I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude about this chat feature, but I've now spent over a month chatting with the same customer about her wedding seating chart. If she does ever buy the thing I'll be amazed, and I'll also probably make about a dollar on it. Oy!

It may be you make a dollar, but the word of mouth feedback your customer will share with their friends or family about how helpful, patient, and professional the designer was, will be worth it's weight in gold.

Happy
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:22:04 PM
reflections06 wrote:

It may be you make a dollar, but the word of mouth feedback your customer will share with their friends or family about how helpful, patient, and professional the designer was, will be worth it's weight in gold.

Happy

Do you really think so? My sense is that customers have NO IDEA that the designers are a separate entity from Zazzle.