Updated Chat Functionality - official feedback thread 20 pages: First ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 5:34:44 PM
Customer Service needs a 24/7 chat available just like other companies.
Last time I used the Zazzle CS phone service in early 2018,not only was the wait 30 minutes (at a non-holiday time of year) but the sound quality was horrible. All staticky and crackly making the CS operator, who had a strong accent, very hard to understand. I do not know if the phone system at Zazzle has been updated since then, since I hate doing business by phone. I much prefer to use Customer Service Chat with every other online company I do business with as often as possible because it's simply faster. Less waiting and no sound quality issues.

Zazzle you can't simply stick Chat on the designers and not on yourselves.
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2019 8:21:45 PM
WittyBetty wrote:
J's, after I added "I am not a Zazzle employee" to my About section, no one contacted me since Smile I am so happy Smile I even considered making that capitalized but apparently even lowercase is enough.

Thank you so much for this idea! I've edited my About section to indicate that I am not employed by Zazzle but will answer design questions as soon as convenient for me to do so and directed them where to go for customer service.
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 12:13:32 AM
I'm in Dublin, Ireland, and use the USA site to work on my designs as they offer more products than the UK site and most of my customers come from the USA. I've been told though when ordering to use the UK site.
I just went in there now and there is no chat icon, or News re Nov 22 changes. In fact I've just noticed there's no news anywhere, top or down the side about anything?. And the MESSAGE under my name on the USA site is not on the uk one.

Is the chat icon only on the USA site?
I've had chat requests re deleting orders etc, I'm not getting involved with that and just ignoring it.
This is all doing my head in.
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 9:02:35 AM
The goal has always been to put together designs that customers can personalize or customize and that will transfer well to other item sizes or products.

If the message link is on the design page, it's likely a customer will contact the designer if there is a problem using the design on other sizes or products, like with the post-it notes and gift bags, and although a designer can fix the problem for the customer, it's a technical issue with the tool on the platform that zazzle should fix.

It looks like designers could likely be the first point of contact for customers and fielding inquiries for customer service because how many customers who are engaged in a design are going to go back and search for the zazzle customer service contact information?

Also, will the chat feature squeeze part time designers out of the MP who are not available to commit the time to chat?

EDIT: I admire Zazzle's innovative fortitude but the technical issues alone, especially with working through the quirks of new features, could put an untenable strain on designers by introducing third party collaborations through chat.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:44:52 PM
Forgive me if this has already been suggested, I haven't read through the entire thread. I'd like to at least have the option for an "away" mode. A design request came in while I was on vacation, with no access to my computer to fulfill the request.
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2019 5:51:27 AM
Has anyone thought about what happens during the holidays when orders are delayed, customer service is closed, customers can't contact Zazzle through Facebook. Are designers now going to be contacted through chat with all the issues related to their orders.
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 8:14:48 AM
Here's a "chat" message I just saw this morning (because I work at a job and am NOT glued to a smart device - don't even own one! - so cannot be checking for chats all day, Zazzle!): Hello?

What does this mean? It means that whoever was wanting assistance did not get a response (until I went in this morning hoping to smooth things over by saying "sorry, but I don't actually work for Zazzle so I hope you connected with customer service if you had a question").

WHY AM I EVEN DOING THIS? I don't work for Zazzle. I am not available for what the customer expects to be INSTANT chat. Meeting CUSTOMER expectations should be the concern here, not a career wonk saying "hey, wouldn't designer chat be, like, super cool! OMG, let's put it up and not let anyone opt out because-because!!! Like!!!"

NO NO NO NO NO. Zazz, pleez. Opt-out option. The customers need assistance I can't give! If your response is NO, you're not serving the customer, plain and simple. Email option - yes! This leaves the customer thinking there could be a delay, perfectly acceptable. STILL, the option there should be: Talk to a customer service rep RIGHT NOW! Or, send an email to the designer, response time will vary.
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 9:14:12 AM
MARGARET CHAYKA chefcateringbizcards wrote:
Here's a "chat" message I just saw this morning (because I work at a job and am NOT glued to a smart device - don't even own one! - so cannot be checking for chats all day, Zazzle!): Hello?

What does this mean? It means that whoever was wanting assistance did not get a response (until I went in this morning hoping to smooth things over by saying "sorry, but I don't actually work for Zazzle so I hope you connected with customer service if you had a question").

WHY AM I EVEN DOING THIS? I don't work for Zazzle. I am not available for what the customer expects to be INSTANT chat. Meeting CUSTOMER expectations should be the concern here, not a career wonk saying "hey, wouldn't designer chat be, like, super cool! OMG, let's put it up and not let anyone opt out because-because!!! Like!!!"

NO NO NO NO NO. Zazz, pleez. Opt-out option. The customers need assistance I can't give! If your response is NO, you're not serving the customer, plain and simple. Email option - yes! This leaves the customer thinking there could be a delay, perfectly acceptable. STILL, the option there should be: Talk to a customer service rep RIGHT NOW! Or, send an email to the designer, response time will vary.

+1 to all that and I am still so completely flummoxed that any of it even needs to be said

Opt outs! I have been begging for them since day one. I can't figure out what you are thinking Zazzle. How many customers have to walk away and never come back before you fix this?
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 7:54:51 PM
What are we supposed to do without at least an away message?

I'm coming up on ice storm season here, with possible long periods of no service and electric.

On Etsy I could set an auto-message, and put a message in my 'messages to buyer' area when I knew a storm was moving through - to let buyers know I would ship or refund as needed.

Not having to personally babysitting Zazzle is one reason why I loved it here.
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 6:25:12 AM
My two-cents: Chat has to go. I also am not on a smart device where I can be notified if someone chats me, so I will always miss it. I did have people contact me often through email for help with customizing or special requests, and I've gotten many sales through that. So, some form of 'contact me' button would be something I would opt-in for if I could put my own disclaimer with it (like how long it will take me to respond, etc). But the "chat" option makes it seem like we are available immediately to help with all issues, and that is a crazy expectation to put on designers.
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 8:28:15 AM
FullyWildCards wrote:

I'm coming up on ice storm season here, with possible long periods of no service and electric.

Yes I don't know if you, Zazzle have ever heard of Oklahoma? but we have severe weather a lot here...

We have two tornado seasons one in spring and another in late fall, we have major lightning storms all spring and summer long and we sometimes have debilitating ice storms in the winter and on top of all that we have high winds almost all the time.

So what I am saying is that power outages are a very common occurrence here all year long and even if they weren't...

I just don't want to participate in chat, among other things you have recently incorporated into the Zazzle experience, and that ought to be a good enough reason!
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 8:54:31 AM
In spite of not having hard statistics, I know the vast majority of designers don't do Zazzle for a living, many of them holding down regular jobs. At best, Zazzle is an avocation, not a vocation, and probably most do it as a hobby. We're part-timers or just some-timers, which means many aren't glued to their computers on a daily basis. Life keeps us from showing up.

I see a parallel to the saying from back in Hippie days: "What if they gave a war and nobody came?"
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 11:48:33 AM
Colorwash wrote:

I see a parallel to the saying from back in Hippie days: "What if they gave a war and nobody came?"

yes and I know we don't want to follow that analogy to it's logical conclusion...

Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 12:27:50 PM
Colorwash wrote:
In spite of not having hard statistics, I know the vast majority of designers don't do Zazzle for a living, many of them holding down regular jobs. At best, Zazzle is an avocation, not a vocation, and probably most do it as a hobby. We're part-timers or just some-timers, which means many aren't glued to their computers on a daily basis. Life keeps us from showing up.

Good points. In my years as a Zazzler I have gone from a once a week, to a once a month, to an every day, and everything in between type of zazzler due to different circumstances. When I was unable to be online much due to living in the country where internet access was not even a possibility (we tried there were no providers at all) I would try to make it into a town 45 minutes away but the library only allowed you 1 hour of time online. I would design on my desktop computer at home, upload the images to cds, and then use a library computer to get as much uploaded as possible in my 1 hour of time. I can't even imagine trying to use chat and keep up with customers then. I also had a period where I worked a full-time job away from home and had a lot of holiday overtime so I barely got online and my only access then was mobile data (by this time my computer was dead and I couldn't afford a new one) which if I went over the data given monthly the phone company basically made it impossible to get online. And yes, I was adding products to my store this way for over 2 years so not everyone uses a desktop computer to even run their Zazzle store. Now I am lucky to have internet at home and try to be on as often as possible but there are still days I don't get online. We need some type of away messages so the customer knows the designer is not ignoring them. I feel we all loose if a customer expects the designer to be available to chat 24/7 365.
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 12:50:51 PM
Angelandspot, we all have ups and downs, though it sure sounds as if you had a lot of downs when it came to an internet connection. I had my own 4-month down this past spring with health, doing pretty much nothing online. I've seen others reporting that they're now back after a long hiatus for one reason or another.

Zazzle is probably now thinking about all these things and will likely come up with a solution.
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 2:29:52 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Angelandspot, we all have ups and downs, though it sure sounds as if you had a lot of downs when it came to an internet connection. I had my own 4-month down this past spring with health, doing pretty much nothing online. I've seen others reporting that they're now back after a long hiatus for one reason or another.

Zazzle is probably now thinking about all these things and will likely come up with a solution.

I don't sweat it anymore! I hate the rolling sales blurp at the top of almost all pages thus every page is rolled down below it immediately so I never see my avatar thus the chat icon either.

This is Zazzle's problem NOT MINE and they have to find a way to resolve it that maximizes things for customers.

Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 3:49:23 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
FullyWildCards wrote:

Yes I don't know if you, Zazzle have ever heard of Oklahoma? but we have severe weather a lot here...

We have two tornado seasons one in spring and another in late fall, we have major lightning storms all spring and summer long and we sometimes have debilitating ice storms in the winter and on top of all that we have high winds almost all the time.

So what I am saying is that power outages are a very common occurrence here all year long and even if they weren't...

I just don't want to participate in chat, among other things you have recently incorporated into the Zazzle experience, and that ought to be a good enough reason!

Exactly.

I had typed up and removed "the world has weather issues all the time". I didn't want to speak for others, and yes it is not the only reason to not want chat.

I have lived in hurricane zones too, and we had flooding here in inland Virginia from a hurricane.

Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 6:57:29 PM
I am rather annoyed by this chat thing today. Here I am, explaining for the millionth time something to a customer who doesn't seem to understand it. I should NOT be the one answering questions, I do not have Customer Service training and tbh I am an introvert with a short temper and I am about lose it with this person. If I'm going to have to do Customer Service for Zazzle, can they cut me a check for my time?
Posted: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 10:08:24 PM
I'm still fairly new here but I'm not comfortable with having a chat feature. I have lots of irons in the fire, and I can't always be near a computer or on Zazzle. I'm also often out taking photos.

I also feel like chat is engaging us in work that would normally be handled by customer service employees versus independent designers. I'd be happy to follow up on via email if there were an issue to resolve. I just don't want to frustrate a customer, though, because I'm not online when they are.
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 3:04:16 AM
Since we're not employees and the customer is not ours but Zazzle's, chat is custom work. Why not send an invoice to Zazzle detailing what the work entailed (with screenshots) and the time spent on chat. Maybe that will get their attention. I'm just going to ignore the chat. I'll probably stay until my last payment anyway.
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 11:08:18 AM
interesting ... no flag on the chat bubble, but today I just noticed that
I got what appears to be a chat request on Sunday 5:10 pm from "Anonymous".

no chat message, unless I need to sprinkle lemon juice on my screen to see what they typed.

clicked on the Anonymous's member profile. no stores, no about, no info in any of the tabs.

apparently someone was testing out the chat system.

didn't think people were allowed to contact designers anonymously. of course, they could have been a guest.
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 12:15:38 PM
Any chance there could be a clear or at least hide history?
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 12:27:22 PM
Invincible Penguin wrote:

didn't think such a feature existed within chat. Shocked
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 1:44:01 PM
W.H. Sim wrote:

Why couldn't there be..... messages are messages, to call it 'chat' rather than 'text' or 'instant message' or 'email' is simply giving you some expectations about the interface and whoever is creating the interface can give it whatever features they like.

Seeing that the interface is threaded, I can't see a reason that old messages shouldn't be erasable or at very able to be hidden - moved to a 'viewed' folder - whatever you like. I haven't actually had anything but a few test messages in there yet - but it seems like it would get messy and hard to keep track of quickly - especially if you are in contact with more than one person at the same time.
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 2:40:40 PM
W.H. Sim wrote:

Why couldn't there be..... messages are messages, to call it 'chat' rather than 'text' or 'instant message' or 'email' is simply giving you some expectations about the interface and whoever is creating the interface can give it whatever features they like.

Seeing that the interface is threaded, I can't see a reason that old messages shouldn't be erasable or at very able to be hidden - moved to a 'viewed' folder - whatever you like. I haven't actually had anything but a few test messages in there yet - but it seems like it would get messy and hard to keep track of quickly - especially if you are in contact with more than one person at the same time.

Yes there needs to be, mark as read, folders, delete and archiving... not that I want to use the chat but even eBay messaging has these simple features.

As it stands now the "settings" are not even plural... block that is the setting.

Posted: Friday, December 06, 2019 12:58:06 AM
Zazzle, as many others here already mentioned: can you please remove the chat function or have the ability to opt out?
I have to go to the front end of my store in order to see if somebody messaged me (just found out now). Luckily the email notification system has been on the long list of broken features forever, so I don't get messages. I am not going to check the front of my stores every time to see if somebody sent a message.
There are plenty of ways to contact a designer through the about page if needed.
Thank you.
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2019 5:09:52 AM
Hi all, opt outs have been discussed on multiple occasions. I am happy to forward your feedback on this as well as all the new suggestions that appeared over the past few days. Thank you again Smile
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2019 5:35:40 AM
Anne's description is of a crippled chat system while mine isn't. The reason I know is that I'd sent a message to Anne more than a week ago because I thought I could give her help on something she was struggling with. I got no answer from her, but having seen that the system doesn't work for everyone, I figured this is what happened. And I was apparently correct.

I see the little red dot (if I happen to be looking way up at the top and to the right), but Anne doesn't see it. I just got notification of her reply, but she never got any notification at all that I'd sent her a message.

Anne, I just replied to your message. Check your mail, maybe your junk mail. Also, look on the various screens for that tiny red dot, though none of us should have to go digging like that.

Zazzle, chat is currently inconsistent, and as such, it could chase away customers.

Posted: Friday, December 06, 2019 5:45:41 AM
-·-

It is irritating for customers anyway, since this feature is not internationally implemented and a customer can't rely on the chat in many ways let alone the fact that a timely response or any response at all is a matter of chance independent from any good will on the part of the designer community.

Some general notification to that fact is probably a good idea. Something like "the indi designer community loves to help but might not be able to in a timely fashion. We appreciate your patience. More information here"

I'm sure some can phrase this more positive and yet keep the expectation of what the "chat" can and cannot do real.
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2019 2:57:13 AM
I have been absent from using Zazzle day to day for a while so I have only really just seen this.

I think it's pretty outrageous how Zazzle think they can introduce a new customer feature that will directly impact us without at least raising it with the community before they go live with it.

The newly updated Zazzle app is really plugging this feature as well. The bottom of the screen has 4/5 options, of which one has the chat history with designers. I can't help but echo @Funcards on this, as they have made a good point. If we are not going to see or have time to respond to customers, they are (rightly) going to be undervalued. Who in this day and age is going to order (or re-order) from a company who have bad customer service? To me it seems like Zazzle are trying to cut down their expenses on the customer service team by just getting customers to go direct to us. That is not what we all signed up for.

As you can probably tell, I'm not impressed.

I will certainly be opting out if the opt-out feature is introduced. Note that I think this is the least we should expect.