This makes me so depressed 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 5:57:01 PM
Funny you would mention it because I already do that. It does helps you remember them much easier.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:02:44 AM
For passwords, you can also use phrases like myshopisonzazzle.

I use the LastPass browser add-on, which generates 12-digit passwords. Once you've saved your username/email and password on a site one time, it automatically (or semi-automatically) signs you in to that site. Love the add-on although it is not without kinks.

M
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:36:26 AM
Marian Cates wrote:
For passwords, you can also use phrases like myshopisonzazzle.

I use the LastPass browser add-on, which generates 12-digit passwords. Once you've saved your username/email and password on a site one time, it automatically (or semi-automatically) signs you in to that site. Love the add-on although it is not without kinks.

M

There is a rest risk of that being hacked and then all your passwords are in the wrong hand. I'm too paranoid for that.
Smile
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 6:05:59 AM
vivendulies wrote:

How to create a safe password for a human brain easy to remember and change up for every site so you don't have a password twice on any site and don't need tools that may get hacked.

Choose a sentence that has meaning to you like:

My aunt loves that flower print skirt.

Happy

I loved this part, as it reminded me of a good friend that was a highly successful banker and IT person who had very long passwords. I asked her one day, "What are you writing a book?!" She said, "No it's actually a sentence that nobody knows but me. And, it's longer which makes it harder for hackers to get."
Grin
I was amazed at her thoughts on this, being that she had some IT background. Nonetheless, I thought of her reading your sentence as "MyAuntLovesthatFlowerPrint$kirt" . Happy

Btw, I do know that some places won't accept long passwords like that...however, if they do, I'm inclined to give it shot...just because I'm reminded of her words about it.
Notice that I only changed one letter? And, that the letter kind of reminds you of a capital S. Also, you can do that with many letters (some letters that remind us of symbols are the !, @, zeros instead of o's, etc.) . Also, the use of Upper and Lower case is also very useful to do.

Just my Tw0¢ worth. Laughing
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:19:47 AM
Laura Sweat wrote:
vivendulies wrote:

How to create a safe password for a human brain easy to remember and change up for every site so you don't have a password twice on any site and don't need tools that may get hacked.

Choose a sentence that has meaning to you like:

My aunt loves that flower print skirt.

Happy

I loved this part, as it reminded me of a good friend that was a highly successful banker and IT person who had very long passwords. I asked her one day, "What are you writing a book?!" She said, "No it's actually a sentence that nobody knows but me. And, it's longer which makes it harder for hackers to get."
Grin
I was amazed at her thoughts on this, being that she had some IT background. Nonetheless, I thought of her reading your sentence as "MyAuntLovesthatFlowerPrint$kirt" . Happy

Btw, I do know that some places won't accept long passwords like that...however, if they do, I'm inclined to give it shot...just because I'm reminded of her words about it.
Notice that I only changed one letter? And, that the letter kind of reminds you of a capital S. Also, you can do that with many letters (some letters that remind us of symbols are the !, @, zeros instead of o's, etc.) . Also, the use of Upper and Lower case is also very useful to do.

Just my Tw0¢ worth. Laughing

Apparently you didn't get the system. You remember the sentence as a basis for a password you don't write the sentence just every first, second, third or last letter of each word in this sentence and swap letter for numbers like 4 for A and 1 for l or i because they look similar and the sentence has the appropriate number of words to provide for a secure password that fits into most entry fields.

Smile

When you follow my recommendations to the end of the post your password looks like this:

#M4ltfp511e#

That is a save password and due to a sentence and a system easy to remember and because of the principles and system you remember in your head dozens of passwords easily. No repetition, no software that could be hacked and all secure.