This makes me so depressed 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 5:33:59 PM
I'm upset because our lives our so governed by rules and regulations that they have taken away our humanity.

To give you some background info, my Zazzle account was recently broken into by an unknown hacker who changed my email and password and transferred my Zazzle payment to their own email address. Because I have such a small circle of people in my life and no one who has access to my personal info except myself, I know that this was done by a complete stranger.

After contacting support, I was able to change my password and email without any problem. However, because of this change, I will not be paid this month. I have to wait for another thirty days. Through no fault of my own, I have to depend on friends and family to help support me for the next month while I wait to be paid. I'm a senior citizen on a fixed income, so my Zazzle earnings are an important part of how I manage to get by.

The really upsetting part of all this is that I'm told by Zazzle that there are no exceptions made, even for extreme circumstances like this. There is no way to expedite a payment...even though we all know that it is physically possible in this day and age to send money from one place to another within seconds.

I know there are an overwhelming number of designers on Zazzle, so the payment system has to be extremely complicated and fully automated...but when did systems and rules and regulations take the heart out of people? I'm
saddened and depressed that everyone really believes that nothing can be done...everyone I've talked to assures me that it's impossible to speed up the process. That just isn't true. The problem is that the system is so unweildy, that it's no longer possible to take people and their individual circumstances into account. There is no friendly payroll person carefully handwriting a new cheque for you. There are only rules, regulations and systems that must be followed to keep the whole complicated process chugging along.

I'm probably one of the fortunate ones who has family to help at this time. I'm sure this kind of thing has happened to many others who are less fortunate than me. Sometimes I'm just extremely sad that this is the world we live in.
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 6:46:48 PM
Sorry that happened to you.

I would like to change my login and PP email as well but haven't because of the payment delay. I personally don't understand at all why Z can't manually push a payment through or why a simple email change delays our payment for a month. Any account change should take effect in at most 48 hours. I have never worked with any other platform where this was an issue. Z should do whatever they need to do to fix this problem with their payment system.
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 8:26:22 PM
Thanks Jerry, and I agree wholeheartedly that change is needed...this shouldn't happen.
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 8:57:58 PM
So sorry!

I don't understand the response you got from them. Sad

As you said money can go from PayPal to PayPal in seconds and be available to spend.

but I guess they have their reasons and I am going to shut up now before I say something I probably shouldn't say...

still so sorry to hear this!
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 8:59:53 PM
Wow, How terrible! So sorry!

How did you find out? Assume you could not login.

Maybe that’s why they have the month rule. Gives you and Zazzle some time to discover hacker before money is sent to wrong account.

I’m glad you did not loose your payment.
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:07:15 AM
Thanks for your emotional support Shelli and anuradesignstudio...it helped
to vent to others who understand what I'm talking about.Smile

And yes, I originally found out because my password no longer worked to sign in. It was only by pure luck that I noticed my payment Paypal address had also been changed. I just happened to be look at my settings for something else.

I'm sure there are good reasons for the thirty day rule, but if this happened to someone who would starve without their payment the rule could be devastating. There should be some alternate plan in place for hardship cases or extreme circumstances.
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 10:40:51 AM
So I am thinking it would be a good idea to check our settings pretty often to make sure they are correct.

It is sad that we have to worry about it though.

Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 8:13:21 AM
I can't offer anything more than what others have said, but wanted to say how very sorry I am that this happened to you. Sad
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:14:14 AM
Thanks Westerngirl. I appreciate the support. Smile

I'm going to try and just forget about this bump in the road and get back to enjoying my work here. However, like Shelli mentions, I'll certainly be paying closer attention to my settings in the future. Love Love
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:07:06 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Christine has reached out to me to help correct this situation ... so I will not have to wait quite so long for my payment. I big HURRAH for Christine! Lovely to know that the human touch is still there...we just have to dig a little deeper to find it sometimes.

Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:07:32 PM
Array Stores wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that Christine has reached out to me to help correct this situation ... so I will not have to wait quite so long for my payment. I big HURRAH for Christine! Lovely to know that the human touch is still there...we just have to dig a little deeper to find it sometimes.

That is good news! these are for you Love Roses Love

and these are for Christine Love Roses Love
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:09:09 PM
It was lovely speaking with you too!Grin

Also just wanted to chime in and say we had our team look into this further and luckily only 2 accounts was affected. Our team found that this happened because whatever password that was used on Zazzle is the same on another site, so we suggest all designers to take the precaution to maybe reset your passwords if it's the same one you use on another website to prevent your Zazzle account (and other accounts/website you have) from being compromised.
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:45:52 PM
Well done Christine Smile And thanks for the warning.

Everyone else: you can check if this might apply to you:
https://haveibeenpwned.com/
You put in your email address and it checks if you have an account that has been compromised in a known data breach.
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 9:59:51 AM
This has really been a good lesson for me and one in which the consequences could have been so much worse... so I'm grateful. No more shortcuts using FB and no more duplication of passwords EVER! Thanks everyone for all the input. Knowing why and how this happened and how to prevent the same in the future is priceless.
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:16:01 AM
Array Stores wrote:
This has really been a good lesson for me and one in which the consequences could have been so much worse... so I'm grateful. No more shortcuts using FB and no more duplication of passwords EVER! Thanks everyone for all the input. Knowing why and how this happened and how to prevent the same in the future is priceless.

So, did you need to change your payment info or just your login email and password?

I ask because my understanding is that Z only holds a payment when the payment info, such as a PP email, is changed. I'm wondering if they also hold payments when we change our login email and/or password.

I'm glad you got it worked out. Grin
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:22:48 AM
Hi Jerry,
I had to change my Payment info too because, as well as my login, my Paypal email address had also been changed to some unknown address. I'm pretty sure you can change your login without it affecting your payments.
Smile
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:29:07 AM
Holy poo! That's a panic attack.

I'm glad Christine was able to help.

Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 11:15:22 AM
I hope the email addy was reported to paypal too.
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:54:01 PM
Array Stores wrote:

So is it not safe to log in with FB then? I never duplicate my passwords but I do log in with Facebook and if it is not safe to do so I wish Zazzle would not even offer it as an option.
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 1:27:59 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Array Stores wrote:

So is it not safe to log in with FB then? I never duplicate my passwords but I do log in with Facebook and if it is not safe to do so I wish Zazzle would not even offer it as an option.

I never login through another site credential.
The danger is if one of the two sites gets hacked, they have your password and login for BOTH sites. In fact don 't login to any site with another site credential. Ever IMO.

Do what you feel is best for yourself. This is just how I choose to handle it

Edit: I always create passwords with a minimum of 10 characters but almost all of mine are 16 characters.
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 11:59:11 AM
Array Stores, what an awful thing to happen to you, and so glad Christine was able to help.

I have an issue where I accidentally logged in on my phone through Google. It created a separate account for me, and sometimes when I'm on my phone it will automatically log me in through Google and then I have to log out and then back in with my email. I don't know how to get rid of this new account.
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 1:27:34 PM
@Karen
I had to ask Christine to delete mine when that happened to me. But since then I have heard that if you go into your Google account and revoke access to Zazzle that is supposed to work. Might be worth trying.
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 8:35:35 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
@Karen
I had to ask Christine to delete mine when that happened to me. But since then I have heard that if you go into your Google account and revoke access to Zazzle that is supposed to work. Might be worth trying.

I'll see if I can get that done, but I'll try deleting the account from Zazzle first.
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 9:23:38 PM
@Array Glad Christine came to the rescue and that this is taken care of Smile

I can imagine the scare you got when this happened. A few months ago our debit card info got stolen through a gas station skimmer. If I would not have had set up account emergency e-mail notifications with our bank, we would not have been notified as soon as something suspicious happened like $758 dollars being spent at a gas station a few counties over. It got worked out but it was quite a hassle and most definitely a scare since we all think that won't happen to us.

@Karen... what Shelli suggested about changing the settings in your Google account does work, I know from experience.

Please people... be careful with any info you send over the internet. Do NOT use duplicate passwords, even when you think nobody will ever be able to guess it. Hackers and internet intruders are smarter and have ways to get your info if they want in ways you would never think of.

The link HightonRidley posted is definitely a good way to check if your e-mail account has been compromised.
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2019 8:57:26 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
@Array Glad Christine came to the rescue and that this is taken care of Smile

I can imagine the scare you got when this happened. A few months ago our debit card info got stolen through a gas station skimmer. If I would not have had set up account emergency e-mail notifications with our bank, we would not have been notified as soon as something suspicious happened like $758 dollars being spent at a gas station a few counties over. It got worked out but it was quite a hassle and most definitely a scare since we all think that won't happen to us.

@Karen... what Shelli suggested about changing the settings in your Google account does work, I know from experience.

Please people... be careful with any info you send over the internet. Do NOT use duplicate passwords, even when you think nobody will ever be able to guess it. Hackers and internet intruders are smarter and have ways to get your info if they want in ways you would never think of.

The link HightonRidley posted is definitely a good way to check if your e-mail account has been compromised.

+1
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:34:53 AM
@Array, Sorry to hear this happened, but it's also a great reminder for all of us.

***It's always a good idea to create a throw away email account. One that you can surf the net safely with, and if you must use it on occasions knowing that it's not your safe one. And to really safeguard the one you use with anything financial and your true identity.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and thank you Christine for having a huge Love !

Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:58:10 PM
Laura Sweat wrote:
***It's always a good idea to create a throw away email account. One that you can surf the net safely with, and if you must use it on occasions knowing that it's not your safe one. And to really safeguard the one you use with anything financial and your true identity.

+1

Yup, that's the one I use to surf with and sign up for not important websites, discount codes or other cr*p.
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:33:47 PM
I am glad that you got some help with your payment, that is wonderful.
This situation is a good example of why any password used where money can be taken, ie; PayPal, etc., should be unique and never used anywhere else, in case it is ever phished or stolen.
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:54:17 PM
You don't have to create a new address. Most services give you throw away email addresses. They're called disposable addresses in Yahoo. Forgot what they are in google.
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 4:21:19 PM

How to create a safe password for a human brain easy to remember and change up for every site so you don't have a password twice on any site and don't need tools that may get hacked.

Choose a sentence that has meaning to you like:

My aunt loves that flower print skirt.

Take the first or last or alternate first and last letter and change some letters for numbers.

M4ltfp5

Add to this an element from the website that has meaning to you and can easily be remembered like the first or last two to three letters

M4ltfp5lle

Enclose it with braquets or that garden fence sign or both or any sign

#M4ltfp5lle#

You can also change numbers with letters for the website element

#M4ltfp511e#

Since you don't try to remember this rather complex letter and number combination but some real life incident with meaning in a sentence, you have no problem to remember the password. As it always contains an alternate element from the domain of your choosing which can stay the same principle every time, you have individual passwords for every site login.

You can also assign numbers to each site and write it down and make it part of the website login, just don't call it password and never write down the sentence or the principle. Just domain and number.

Nobody can hack your brain and you have an infinite number of cryptic easy to remember secure passwords.

Happy