Third party website question for christine 15 pages: First ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:03:20 AM
Can you use your creation date as at least slight evidence?

I had someone contact me once to have a magnet image put on a license plate. Insisted it was an image of his cat used in a calendar for a rescue group somewhere in the northeast. No...it's my brothers cat and created years before his cats picture. He never acknowledged it and got quite huffy but if it came down to it I had the original picture and several others taken at the same time with just slight variations in the cat motion. I had to use a similar tactic back when I was fighting with Amazon over take downs. Pictures with the original background, usually pretty ugly....with animals you have to seize the moment and worth the change no matter how tedious.....or in a series with different poses but same background etc. I put them on the internet and finally just sent the link.

ETA

The image of my brothers cat wouldn't of fit well on a license plate anyway and that's one of the things that really bothers me about this transfer stuff

d
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:06:23 AM
🌼Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
So It turns out our gut feelings about this whole 3rd party thing were correct...

My whole experience with Amazon take downs totally soured me on that and it was a no brainer. Instant no. Don't make it any easier for the thieves.

Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:27:06 AM
deemac1 wrote:

Doubt it. Amazon's involvement in this matter is done, once a counterclaim notice is filed.

I guess my only recourse is to go to every listing and leave bad reviews, saying the design is stolen and not to purchase. Maybe I'll start a little media campaign, heheheheh.
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:43:23 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
deemac1 wrote:

Doubt it. Amazon's involvement in this matter is done, once a counterclaim notice is filed.

I guess my only recourse is to go to every listing and leave bad reviews, saying the design is stolen and not to purchase. Maybe I'll start a little media campaign, heheheheh.

It is sad that this is your only recourse and will suck up so much of your time.
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:48:24 AM
🌼Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

It is sad that this is your only recourse and will suck up so much of your time.

I’m up for the challenge! Grin
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:05:32 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
deemac1 wrote:

I just did the same thing. I posted on each product saying it was stolen, the Zazzle product link, Product ID and the date it was published on Zazzle. I then sent the same information to the copyright email at Amazon. The bounce response says it will take a day or two for a reply.

Another Zazzler added the same information BUT I'm wondering if the illegal seller can block or remove these comments.

There are pillows with permanent baby names, date of birth, weight, and length on them. Ridiculous.

I'm hoping that more sellers who find their designs write to Amazon and they Amazon see a pattern with this scum company.
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:10:51 AM
Exit178 wrote:
I'm hoping that more sellers who find their designs write to Amazon and they Amazon see a pattern with this scum company.

Amazon has been gone after in a rather huge fashion, and not only by us little folk, but also by larger businesses. It would probably require the impossible coordination of a massive class action lawsuit that gets international media attention.

I think our own woes stem from the fact that Amazon has a presence in China.

Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:20:41 AM
Colorwash wrote:
[quote=Exit178]

I think our own woes stem from the fact that Amazon has a presence in China.

^^that and they just don't care. They had the recent judgement in their favor that protects them against legal ramifications in copyright disputes involving users and their TOS that you have to agree to when you are a seller gives them indemnity and the right to let sellers use the images listed in the product catalog. That was one reason why when they first announced the Amazon 3rd party sales I wanted to know if we designers were agreeing to those terms by opting in. But we have already had this conversation.

Eta: one thing I am learning is that we designers are pretty much on our own when it comes to protecting our copyrights and ownership of our images and designs. It seems like everybody in the world thinks we should just give them away for free.
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 11:07:38 AM
AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Well guess what happened to me? I reported this in a post in one of the pro forums:

I filed a DMCA report to have my items removed, and Amazon complied. Then the Chinese seller sent a counter-notice, saying "I have the right to sale the copies of the merchandise legally. Complainant claims are invalid, libelous, and a criminal act of perjury. I declare that this is true and accurate under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America."

So now unless I file a lawsuit within the next 10 days, Amazon is going to restore all the listings of my stolen items. (!!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, I suspect this is going to be the new strategy of image thieves - counterclaim, knowing that having to file a lawsuit will be too onerous for many artists. I'm really, really sorry this has happened to you.

AugieDoggyStore wrote:
The above happened with images the thieves stole from my Zazzle store, but the same thing can happen with our items that Zazzle lists on Amazon.

Hmm - didn't Zazzle say they might help if the infringement involves a product listed by Zazzle on Amazon?

Thus my post on the prior page. I note that we have not yet received an answer (and not holding my breath for one.)

AugieDoggyStore wrote:
Thieves steal them, create listings, we file a takedown notice, they file a counter claim, and poof. Listings go back up and there is nothing we can do about it. Amazon has no further obligation in this matter.

Yep. Scofflaws have told me that if I don't want it stolen, I shouldn't put it online. And then they turned around and said that copyrights create an artificial scarcity of freely available art. :eyeroll:

Contrary to their ridiculous ideas, if the only way we can protect our art is not to sell it online, it is that situation which has the potential to create a scarcity of artworks, period.

Which brings me to this: I've toyed with the idea of having my store set up in such a way that it can be easily browsed - but only by people who have the link to it. Why go this route? To keep my stuff out of general circulation where the thieves can get hold of it, yet still be able to sell to my family and friends. Since my stuff isn't selling anymore despite being public, right now the only people likely to benefit are the thieves. So it's not like I'd be losing anything from such an arrangement; the "potential" for something of mine to sell to a member of the general public has been so eroded that the loss of that "potential" seems pretty much inconsequential to me.
Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2017 1:07:34 PM
@Zazzle - Are products chosen for to be sold on Amazon selling at lower prices than on Zazzle.com?
Posted: Monday, April 8, 2019 3:11:11 PM
Did this ever get answered well? I'm just setting up a store, I mean just barely getting started, and saw that option... I read through pages and pages of the questions and concerns but never got to the answers. Tried an internet search... tried searching zazzle help...
Nothing.
I like knowing what I'm agreeing to when I opt in or out of something.
I'd like to know where things could end up being sold and how it would affect(if it does) the royalty %. They REALLY should have a link or a little icon to click on to give you more info to make that decision. Sad
Posted: Monday, April 8, 2019 3:46:05 PM
millipede wrote:
Did this ever get answered well? I'm just setting up a store, I mean just barely getting started, and saw that option... I read through pages and pages of the questions and concerns but never got to the answers. Tried an internet search... tried searching zazzle help...
Nothing.
I like knowing what I'm agreeing to when I opt in or out of something.
I'd like to know where things could end up being sold and how it would affect(if it does) the royalty %. They REALLY should have a link or a little icon to click on to give you more info to make that decision. Sad

Zazzle has since stopped selling products through Amazon. I'm not aware of them selling on any other third party sites at the moment.
Posted: Monday, April 8, 2019 6:04:17 PM
Thanks. I'm going to opt out for now just to embrace my paranoia. Smile
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:06:49 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
@Zazzle - Are products chosen for to be sold on Amazon selling at lower prices than on Zazzle.com?

+1

M
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:12:02 AM
On Fine Art America, you can opt in to have your artwork considered for TV shows and movies. And I've seen posts by Zlers who have had their work featured in this way. Now when I watch Netflix, I almost always notice the artwork on the walls. In my experience, abstract art is most often used.

If Z wants to sell my designs on Amazon, I'm all for it. I would like to know if there's a deduction from the designer's royalty.

M

Edited for clarity
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:26:01 AM
Your answer is four posts up from yours.

Felosarix wrote:

Zazzle has since stopped selling products through Amazon. I'm not aware of them selling on any other third party sites at the moment.