Tags with Links
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2019 10:41:36 PM
I read the thread on this topic in technical issues. Unfortunately, it has been locked, so no one can comment further or ask for additional clarification.

It is my understanding that the tags in blue can be clicked by a customer who is shopping and has clicked a specific product. If they have arrived at that product as a result of a referral link, and they happen to scroll down to the tags, and click on one of those blue tags...it takes them away from the referral link, and we lose that referral. I see it as a way for Zazzle to save some money. But, it takes potential earnings out of the designer's pockets. Was that the intention, or just an unfortunate ramification?
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 3:39:34 AM
Boagies_Backyard wrote:
I read the thread on this topic in technical issues. Unfortunately, it has been locked, so no one can comment further or ask for additional clarification.

It is my understanding that the tags in blue can be clicked by a customer who is shopping and has clicked a specific product. If they have arrived at that product as a result of a referral link, and they happen to scroll down to the tags, and click on one of those blue tags...it takes them away from the referral link, and we lose that referral. I see it as a way for Zazzle to save some money. But, it takes potential earnings out of the designer's pockets. Was that the intention, or just an unfortunate ramification?

Nope. The referral cookie remains on the customer's computer. You don't loose the referral $ if they buy anything during that visit.
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 3:54:50 AM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Boagies_Backyard wrote:

Nope. The referral cookie remains on the customer's computer. You don't loose the referral $ if they buy anything during that visit.

Zazzle referral system only works for some people. There is something strange about the way the referral disappears. Where are they going to? Who is getting them?
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 4:00:00 AM
AfriCreations wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Boagies_Backyard wrote:

Zazzle referral system only works for some people. There is something strange about the way the referral disappears. Where are they going to? Who is getting them?

One way it disappears is if Zazzle helps a customer and then provides a link for the product to the customer. The link contains Zazzle’s ref#. I believe this also happens in other scenarios.
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 10:28:20 AM
Colorwash wrote:
AfriCreations wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Boagies_Backyard wrote:

One way it disappears is if Zazzle helps a customer and then provides a link for the product to the customer. The link contains Zazzle’s ref#. I believe this also happens in other scenarios.

True, there are ways the rf is highjacked but the OP didn't ask about this, they were concerned about the linked tags being the culprit for loosing an rf sale.
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 1:14:27 PM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
AfriCreations wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Boagies_Backyard wrote:

True, there are ways the rf is highjacked but the OP didn't ask about this, they were concerned about the linked tags being the culprit for loosing an rf sale.

I agree there are several ways our referrals have of disappearing. I don't debate that at all. As Lynn Marie pointed out, I was asking about the tags with links because it seemed to me to be just one more way of not paying a referral.
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2019 4:54:45 PM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
AfriCreations wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:
Boagies_Backyard wrote:

I was responding to AfriCreations.
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 7:17:49 AM
[/quote]
One way it disappears is if Zazzle helps a customer and then provides a link for the product to the customer. The link contains Zazzle’s ref#. I believe this also happens in other scenarios.[/quote]

If only this were true, our Cs agents would have a great incentive to go an even extra mile. Laughing When we assist from a CS perspective, we save the design straight into a designers account (and normally use their account to do this), along with the fact employees cannot earn referrals in this way. Just wanted to clarify Happy
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 7:46:47 AM
James wrote:

If only this were true, our Cs agents would have a great incentive to go an even extra mile. Laughing When we assist from a CS perspective, we save the design straight into a designers account (and normally use their account to do this), along with the fact employees cannot earn referrals in this way. Just wanted to clarify Happy

Various members have noted Zazzle's rf# is in company mail, and that's what disturbs them. I realize that, recently, it was noted that Zazzle uses its rf# as tracking method, but the problem with this is that, if a customer clicks over to Zazzle from one of the promotional emails after having originally clicked on a link from an affiliate, the affiliate's cookie will be replaced by Zazzle's.
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 9:02:05 AM
James wrote:

Yes, I never thought it was employees making a referral but I have documented tracking codes on my 3rd party sales that are from Zazzle email campaigns that confirm that Zazzle's referral id was in the email link. This link could have overwritten an associate referral id cookie and it also adds a 20% carveout to my 3rd party sale.
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 9:14:59 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
James wrote:

Yes, I never thought it was employees making a referral but I have documented tracking codes on my 3rd party sales that are from Zazzle email campaigns that confirm that Zazzle's referral id was in the email link. This link could have overwritten an associate referral id cookie and it also adds a 20% carveout to my 3rd party sale.

Yep. I just had one. I made a little over $14 in royalties. The customer canceled and reordered the same thing and that tracking code says "tc=emc_OrderConfirmationV2" so I know they ordered from their order confirmation email. My royalty dropped because of that fact losing me $2.90. So the employee might not earn it but Zazzle is.
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2019 10:40:31 AM
angelandspot wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
James wrote:

Yep. I just had one. I made a little over $14 in royalties. The customer canceled and reordered the same thing and that tracking code says "tc=emc_OrderConfirmationV2" so I know they ordered from their order confirmation email. My royalty dropped because of that fact losing me $2.90. So the employee might not earn it but Zazzle is.

Thank you for confirming what I am saying.