See this design on another product
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 5:09:23 AM
I was thinking of an easier way for a customer to suggest a different product for a particular design. How about allowing them to leave a quick note, similar to comments? Something like:

Would you like to see this design on another product? Make a suggestion below.

Mug pls k thx

That way a designer is not required to reply but provided with useful information. What do you think?

Natalia
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 6:27:16 AM
Idea +1
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 10:59:21 AM
+1
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 11:07:09 AM
Nice suggestion, can definitely see how this can be helpful for both designers and customers. I'll forward it along
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 3:31:54 PM
This is a great idea! This would also be useful as an affiliate. I've seen many designs I like, but then when I'm building a clocks page or want to do a post on home decor or something, I'll go to the shop where I saw the design and it's only on a few things that aren't what I'm looking for, even though that design would be well suited for them. I imagine at least some designers would be happy to put a certain design on another product if they knew someone wanted to promote it.
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 3:16:20 AM
+1
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 3:31:22 AM
+1
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:56:23 AM
How would this be different from the messaging platform that's already in place?

Just curious.
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 10:58:05 AM
Scott wrote:
How would this be different from the messaging platform that's already in place?

Just curious.

It would only be a one way communication that the customer wouldn't be expecting a reply just a notification maybe, when the product was available. At least I think that is what she had in mind.
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 1:47:37 PM
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
It would only be a one way communication that the customer wouldn't be expecting a reply just a notification maybe, when the product was available. At least I think that is what she had in mind.

Exactly. One way communication. I was also thinking that seeing that question is more likely to prompt a customer to comment.

Speaking of comments, the existing comment system can be used for this with no additional change. Just link the original question to the comment form.
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:01:43 PM
+1!
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 5:48:41 AM
Scott wrote:

Just curious.

Besides what's already been mentioned, while it's obvious to us you can add a design to other products, it's not necessarily obvious to a customer. Zazzle is pretty unique in that regard, so it might not even occur to a lot of people they can ask for that specifically (especially not people who are unfamiliar with PODs). Writing it out and thereby showing it's a legit option would probably encourage more customers to reach out to us designers.
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:43:32 AM
Anertek wrote:
Scott wrote:

Just curious.

Besides what's already been mentioned, while it's obvious to us you can add a design to other products, it's not necessarily obvious to a customer. Zazzle is pretty unique in that regard, so it might not even occur to a lot of people they can ask for that specifically (especially not people who are unfamiliar with PODs). Writing it out and thereby showing it's a legit option would probably encourage more customers to reach out to us designers.

+1