Search for design type doesn't work
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 5:17:57 AM
Wanting to see my own calendars made specifically for kitchens, I tried the method of using the up-at-the-top search box, typing in "kitchen." However, from there it went directly to specific kitchen products, the links for which don't include calendars. Trying again, I went to calendars, but once there, I found no way to narrow things down to kitchen calendars.

I'm sure I could find a way to do it, but I'm just as sure a customer couldn't, and customers are always the focus in business.
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 6:00:22 AM
I can't see how one would be able to filter and show only kitchen themed calendars easily in the MP search bar (and if we can't show them then customers won't be able to do so).

You can use the rss feed to show the results. This url in your browser bar (Firefox only, not Chrome) :

http://feed.zazzle.com/rss?dp=252635460664436350&qs=kitchen&ps=50

will show calenders (the dp parameter) with a kitchen tag for the first 50 kitchen calendars.

This approach won't be familiar to most potential customers though.

Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 6:13:58 AM
I typed kitchen calendars in the search box, I see two of yours under newest
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 7:10:29 AM
custom_shoez wrote:
I typed kitchen calendars in the search box, I see two of yours under newest

Yes, but what bothers me is the same old thing, which is that we may know how to find something, but our customers aren't shopkeepers and aren't familiar with the various workarounds for what's really a very cludgy search function.

The customer should be able to bring up calendars, and then within calendars, search on the specific design they want. To see what would happen, I went into calendars, then in spite of knowing what would happen, I typed kitchen into the search box just as a customer would. It promptly went to the kitchen category, which includes no calendars. Bye-bye customer.

Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 7:46:22 AM
I'll pass on the feedback.

Thanks,

Finbarr