"Product Merchandising" Option "Vivid Printing Only"
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3:47:07 AM
Now that we have "Classic Printing" and "Vivid Printing" options, could we have "Classic Printing Only" and "Vivid Printing Only" options in the "All Options" drop-down menu on our Post Product For Sale screen?
Smile
"Dark Only" and "Light Only" no longer cover all the possibilities.
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 4:01:25 AM
Angharad13 wrote:
Now that we have "Classic Printing" and "Vivid Printing" options, could we have "Classic Printing Only" and "Vivid Printing Only" options in the "All Options" drop-down menu on our Post Product For Sale screen?
Smile
"Dark Only" and "Light Only" no longer cover all the possibilities.

Good suggestion Angharad13! I'll pass it along Smile
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 4:10:15 AM
David wrote:

Good suggestion Angharad13! I'll pass it along Smile

Thanks, David! I appreciate it.Love
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:13:56 PM
David--or any Zazzle admin. person Smile --is anything happening on this request?

I think it's very important for designers who design apparel with color images to have a "Vivid Printing Only" option in the "All Options" drop-down menu on our Post Product For Sale screen. This allows designers to sidetrack the "color bleed through" problem which happens when color images are printed on colored tees without the white underbase.

Avoiding bleed through will avoid returns. I don't want to, and shouldn't have to, restrict my customers to "Dark Only" or "Light Only" when being able to post an item as "Vivid Printing Only" will give them a much wider range of color choices in apparel.

Thanks. Love
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 5:29:27 PM
Agree! I've been pointing out in my descriptions on some designs with white in them that on "light" colors, other than white, the design will look best when the white underlayment is used so that the shirt color won't tend to show through and I really don't like doing that.
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:22:24 PM
Vanilla Primrose wrote:
Agree! I've been pointing out in my descriptions on some designs with white in them that on "light" colors, other than white, the design will look best when the white underlayment is used so that the shirt color won't tend to show through and I really don't like doing that.

I absolutely agree with you, VP! Smile My descriptions get very long and complicated when I have to explain that and, honestly, I don't think many customers read through the descriptions.

If you notice, the underlying "Classic Printing" tee color will show through any color that's printed on it--not just the white parts of an image. So, for instance, if a customer chooses a "Classic Printing" yellow tee for an image that's blue, the image will end up looking green. Unhappy customer, unhappy designer, and I assume unhappy Zazzle with the revenue loss.
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 7:55:47 PM
Yoo-hoo, Admin folks. My question is steadily falling down the queue without being answered. Laughing

Has any progress been made with this request (made in January) to get a "Vivid Printing Only" option in the "All Options" drop-down menu on our Post Product For Sale screen?

Roses Love
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 6:48:00 AM
Thanks again for your feedback and suggestion. While I cannot say for certain if this feature will be added, please know that your suggestion has been noted and passed on. We're looking into it. Thanks Smile
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 9:26:03 AM
Guess what? Turn out this filter was there the whole time, it just had outdated wording. Shocked Our amazing team have updated this now. Grin
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2019 5:21:08 PM
THANK YOU, James (and Padie) and the "amazing team" of Zazzle programmers!!! This is really going to help us designers control how our color images look on tees without restricting our customers' choice so much!

WIN/WIN!!! Love Love Love

(P.S.--Sorry my reply was so long in coming.)
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2020 4:09:50 PM
I am looking for this very feature for certain t-shirt designs. James said "this filter was there the whole time" but doesn't say where - i.e exactly how to find this feature. I've looked everywhere I can think it ought to be. Could this be updated with exactly where this important feature is located, even if it is poorly named. I need to restrict certain designs to vivid only.

Thanks a lot
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2020 4:17:25 PM
Ugh. I finally found it - can't see it until you hit Sell It and then go to the options list under Product Merchandising, and there it is. This should really be added to the Zazzle Help Center page Classic vs. Vivid Printing.
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020 7:00:58 AM
Hi TeesForYourHead, I am delighted you have found this option. I am happy to take note of your suggestion too, thank you Smile