Problems with Chat
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2019 7:09:57 PM
Every time a customer messages me through chat and I respond (even immediately) I don't get any response back. Is anyone else having problems with chat?
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 6:13:22 AM
I find people do that, because it is non personal, they have moved on. It happens everywhere.
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 6:44:38 AM
I've even had actual responses, specific requests for design changes, positive interactions, done the changes, sent the new link, and gotten no response back and no purchase on the item. It's pretty infuriating IMO. And I should know better, honestly. But I'm not sure how exactly how to word it, and can't in good conscious just NOT respond.

It would be nice if Z had a built-in way to make sure someone is placing a real order before custom changes are made.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 11:02:49 AM
I've had the same issue. Hopefully, things worked out for them and I was at least some what helpful.

Another problem I had was that the question the person had was something only customer service could handle. I tried finding the link for Customer Service information on the Zazzle site and couldn't find it. I had to google it.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 11:08:57 AM
ValeriesGallery wrote:
I've had the same issue. Hopefully, things worked out for them and I was at least some what helpful.

Another problem I had was that the question the person had was something only customer service could handle. I tried finding the link for Customer Service information on the Zazzle site and couldn't find it. I had to google it.

They don't make it obvious, do they? It's all inside "Help" way down at the bottom of the pages. No wonder designers are being asked customer help questions, given that one is down and out of sight and the other is right up there in a person's face.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 11:18:11 AM
I have the email addy and phone number to Zazzle support plastered on my store front up near the top where it tells them I am not a Zazzle employee and gives them my email address also.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 3:18:38 PM
Funcards wrote:
🌼Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I have the email addy and phone number to Zazzle support plastered on my store front up near the top where it tells them I am not a Zazzle employee and gives them my email address also.

I love how you have written that, would you mind if I would use simular text for my store?

I would not mind one little bit! Love
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 3:51:27 PM
Colorwash wrote:
ValeriesGallery wrote:

They don't make it obvious, do they? It's all inside "Help" way down at the bottom of the pages. No wonder designers are being asked customer help questions, given that one is down and out of sight and the other is right up there in a person's face.

Thanks! I wouldn't have guessed that was customer service. Maybe they can change it to customer service help or contact us or something.
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:41:31 AM
I got a request via "chat" and responded the same day. It required me to re-do a design and
re-publish for sale,etc. --but I did it. That was Nov. 30 and now it is Dec.19 . I thanked her for her interest in my design,etc. Have not heard from her and no sale of the item about which she inquired. I really do not want to get bogged down doing these chat/emails and re-doing things for the customer if they have no real intention of following through. I actually was surprised to even get a message via the chat. I had hoped we could opt out of it from the beginning. I do like Shelli's idea of plastering the Zazzle support phone number on the store front.
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:26:12 PM
Shelli's idea of plastering the Zazzle support number on the top of our store home page is an excellent idea!
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 12:39:35 AM
Karen Coffelt wrote:
Shelli's idea of plastering the Zazzle support number on the top of our store home page is an excellent idea!

I borrowed the “not a Zazzle employee” part from Witty Betty. 🙂