Please Zazzle, move the Zazzle inspirations farther down the page 2 pages: [1] 2
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 5:37:49 AM
I know it has been mentioned before and I searched for that last thread but couldn't find it, but could we please, please get the positions of the "Zazzle inspirations" thumbnail strip switched with the position of the "found in collection" thumbnail strip so that before having to scroll down the page the shopper gets a chance to see our other matching products which would also lessen the chance that they would click off of our product page before making a purchase. At least that way if they do click on a thumbnail it gives us the designer one more chance to make a sale... This is really important for us because unlike you Zazzle who still make a sale no matter which designer's product is purchased I only get this one chance while they are on my product page interested in my design. If the odds could be tilted a tiny bit more in my favor by moving the thumbnails of other designers products farther down the page and giving my collections a chance by putting them first that would be so awesome and I would be ever so grateful! Then if there are no collections to be put first then that is my fault for not making any and I have no right to complain about other designers thumbnails being there. Thanks for considering this!
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 7:08:47 AM
I would appreciate that change as well. If not for the only fact then the "About this product/About this design" information is actually closer to the product you are trying to sell.
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 8:25:01 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
I would appreciate that change as well. If not for the only fact then the "About this product/About this design" information is actually closer to the product you are trying to sell.


yes! that too! Smile
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 2:19:25 PM


Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:get the positions of the "Zazzle inspirations" thumbnail strip switched with the position of the "found in collection" thumbnail strip so that before having to scroll down the page the shopper gets a chance to see our other matching products which would also lessen the chance that they would click off of our product page before making a purchase.

LM Gildersleeve wrote:
I would appreciate that change as well. If not for the only fact then the "About this product/About this design" information is actually closer to the product you are trying to sell.
=========
I agree with both of the above suggestions. Esp. the second one.
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 4:41:05 PM
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 4:59:05 PM
TinkerM wrote:
https://forum.zazzle.com/feedback/zazzle_inspirations_under_our_products


Thank you Tink for the link! Happy

That is one of them and there was another started by Peter W. a while back that I could not find...
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2017 5:31:59 PM
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
TinkerM wrote:
https://forum.zazzle.com/feedback/zazzle_inspirations_under_our_products


Thank you Tink for the link! Happy

That is one of them and there was another started by Peter W. a while back that I could not find...
Your welcome the other slipped by..
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 5:56:02 PM
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
could we please, please get the positions of the "Zazzle inspirations" thumbnail strip switched with the position of the "found in collection" thumbnail strip
A month ago we actually ran an AB test where we included this as a variant. I'm unsure what the test results look like, or if any decision has been reached, but we are considering it.
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:13:27 PM
Scott wrote:
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
could we please, please get the positions of the "Zazzle inspirations" thumbnail strip switched with the position of the "found in collection" thumbnail strip
A month ago we actually ran an AB test where we included this as a variant. I'm unsure what the test results look like, or if any decision has been reached, but we are considering it.


I remember the A/b test and thanks for the update Scott! I have my fingers crossed!
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 1:56:13 PM
I *think* they kinda listened. Unless it's my imagination, they moved the #zazzleinspiration further down the page. It's not below the collections, but it IS below the "About this product"

Unless this is still part of the A/B test (not sure if it's still going on) and I'm now in that category?
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:15:47 PM
Fharrynland wrote:
I *think* they kinda listened. Unless it's my imagination, they moved the #zazzleinspiration further down the page. It's not below the collections, but it IS below the "About this product"

Unless this is still part of the A/B test (not sure if it's still going on) and I'm now in that category?


I was not included as usual in the tests probably because what I have to say is a sore spot with a few mods but, mine is still showing right under my product.

Someone posted that now the other products you may like are under their product so from reading Scott's post it sounds like they tested but not still?

If the testing is over then are these things we are seeing now going to be there randomly forever? I want to see what everyone else see's think that is only fair.

Please let us know if this testing is still going on. Thanks
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:52:22 PM
Tinker, this is the product I see it on. I haven't checked any other items yet. Where do you see the #zazzleinspirations?

Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:54:25 PM
Also Tink, my status in the A/B test (with the collections/other products) would change everytime I reloaded Firefox (the deep restart or reload that firefox has available to *fix* issues) or everytime I did a deep cache or cookie clean.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:58:14 PM
What I am seeing on my product pages that is different from yesterday is the "other designs..." is directly below my product. Not happy about that change.

The "inspirations" feed is now below the Maker information.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:09:31 PM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
What I am seeing on my product pages that is different from yesterday is the "other designs..." is directly below my product. Not happy about that change.

The "inspirations" feed is now below the Maker information.


I just checked three of mine, on two there was nothing... no collections and no other designs or Z inspirations.. but on another one my collection was first, then other designs...so I am confused and I posted about the collections not showing in the tech forum in case it is a bug.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:10:00 PM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
What I am seeing on my product pages that is different from yesterday is the "other designs..." is directly below my product. Not happy about that change.

The "inspirations" feed is now below the Maker information.


Did you check out that lamp shade I posted? Or can you post a product you specifically see this?

Better yet, post your product and lets look at both....

We should all be looking at the same product. I could feasibly see a coding thing that could change depending on which page you're on. Like maybe they do lamps one way and earrings another.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:10:59 PM
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
What I am seeing on my product pages that is different from yesterday is the "other designs..." is directly below my product. Not happy about that change.

The "inspirations" feed is now below the Maker information.


I just checked three of mine, on two there was nothing... no collections and no other designs or Z inspirations.. but on another one my collection was first, then other designs...so I am confused and I posted about the collections not showing in the tech forum in case it is a bug.


EXACTLY! Let's all look at the SAME exact product. Post one you see your collection high up.

Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:11:18 PM
If you guys are seeing different things it probably means they are still testing various scenarios.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:15:13 PM
J32 Design wrote:
If you guys are seeing different things it probably means they are still testing various scenarios.


That's what I'm thinking.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:17:36 PM
J32 Design wrote:
If you guys are seeing different things it probably means they are still testing various scenarios.


You are probably right. not confused anymore...Happy
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:18:41 PM
Tink - A/B tests are conducted with random test groups. We do not choose people to be a part or not be a part of them.

As for things being there ‘randomly forever,’ that is not the case either. A/B tests are conducted to see which of the two options perform better. If we don’t feel we’ve gotten a conclusive answer, then we may tweak the A/B tests again until we have a solution we think will work best for our users. One way or another, we will land on an option that will be deployed out to the entire user base. The final decision are based on facts and what the numbers tell us, not opinion based. In the end, these improvements will result in more sales.

With that said, the modules you are seeing now are not a test but is a decision our team here made after looking over the results. So if the product is in a collection then the ‘Found in Collection’ module will appear below the main product image. The Related Products module will also appear below that. If a product is not added to a collection then only the Related Product module will appear.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:24:43 PM
When does this start? I have neither appearing under any of the products I checked.

Plus, in some the #zazzleinspiration is above the "About this product" and in other's it's below the "About this product".


ETA: collections/about this product are appearing on some, but not all even if they're in a collection.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:58:28 PM
I checked about a dozen products that I have included in collections (none of the collections/products has been recently edited). - NO collections were showing.

I checked both my main store and a store I curate under another ID.
No Collections showed on product pages.

The location of "inspiratations" varied from right under product image to below description. Perhaps needing time to migrate to all products.

I went back and checked products from 4 more collections. Only two showed the collection (under the Product image) - this is nice.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 4:17:32 PM
Good news that the collections will be first below the product image! Thank you for that Roses
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 4:18:26 PM
BKMuir wrote:


I went back and checked products from 4 more collections. Only two showed the collection (under the Product image) - this is nice.


I had the same problem and posted it in the tech forum and Christine is checking on it for us.
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:25:29 PM
Christine wrote:
With that said, the modules you are seeing now are not a test but is a decision our team here made after looking over the results. So if the product is in a collection then the ‘Found in Collection’ module will appear below the main product image. The Related Products module will also appear below that. If a product is not added to a collection then only the Related Product module will appear.

I think it's a nice improvement and a good step in the right direction. Also glad to see the low contrast gray on white trend is finally going away. Happy

Could I suggest a future a/b test with the "available on xx products" link above the fold just to see what happens? Can't really imagine it would hurt sales any and if shoppers like the collections then why not have that as well?
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 2:56:56 AM
Checking randomly, making sure it was on products in collections not recently touched, I found the majority showed the collection immediately beneath the product display. I did find a few where the collection was missing, but since this is a very recent change, I assume it'll all eventually fall into line.

Of course I love the positioning of the collections. If it's still in the testing phase, I hope it pans out!

EDIT: I'm finding more than just a few where the collection is missing. What's interesting is that the collection will show for some of the products it contains but not for others. For instance, I have a squirrel collection where it's hit-and-miss.

Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:11:50 AM
Fharrynland wrote:
Tinker, this is the product I see it on. I haven't checked any other items yet. Where do you see the #zazzleinspirations?



Fharrynland, looking on my smartphone(Android) I see the #Zazzle Inspiration after the "Color & Style Options" section and before "About this Product". Almost at the bottom of the page, after "Reviews", is "Found in collection: Sorry, there are no results."
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:08:15 AM
colorwash wrote:

Of course I love the positioning of the collections. If it's still in the testing phase, I hope it pans out!

EDIT: I'm finding more than just a few where the collection is missing. What's interesting is that the collection will show for some of the products it contains but not for others. For instance, I have a squirrel collection where it's hit-and-miss.


According to Christine, it is no longer a test but permanent. It would behove everyone to put their products in a collection of some kind.

I am also finding not all my collected products have the Collections feeds on their product pages. A bug?
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:31:35 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:




According to Christine, it is no longer a test but permanent. It would behove everyone to put their products in a collection of some kind.

I am also finding not all my collected products have the Collections feeds on their product pages. A bug?


I reported that yesterday in the tech forum and Christine is still checking it for me.

Also agree on the collections! I have been working on trying to make sure every one of my products are in at least one collection and I would add that collections are also very useful in promoting! I prefer to share a collection as opposed to a single product. They are just more interesting and I hope shoppers agree.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded