Phone Case Auto Titles Should Include Model
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:27:51 PM
Hello! I'm back working on my stores after being inactive for quite some time, and one of the things I'm doing is changing my titles to better reflect the design descriptions. The thing is, I have done so much work on making sure every phone case I created had a product page for all options in the dropdown lists for each case type. So now I see during the renaming process, where I've gone through and selected all products of a design and renamed it, now for example it will say "Bright Purple Butterfly Case-mate iPhone Case", and even though in the dropdown that specific phone case is for the iPhone 8/7, that information is not included. So now, every single phone case in the dropdown that I've published has the same title, instead of the actual model iPhone the case is for.

https://www.zazzle.com/bright_purple_butterfly_case_mate_iphone_case-179244863364754844

Same with OtterBox:
https://www.zazzle.com/butterfly_delight_otterbox_iphone_case-256913239927957634

I don't understand the best way I am supposed to list my phone cases. If I only make one case per case type, when someone tries to narrow down their search via the Zazzle categories system, If I only publish the Case-Mate Apple iPhone 8/7 one (for example), my design will not show up if they choose a different phone when narrowing their search. So I really need to take the time to publish a version of each model available in the dropdown lists, to increase the chance my design will be seen in a search.

I am not sure how Zazzle wants us to go about listing our designs using the new system. I don't know what the best practices are. It would be nice to get some clarification on this matter. If best practices are what I was already doing (a separate product page for each model option in the dropdown lists, ie iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X), then it seems the auto title should include that information, so I can focus on my design title, as I suppose the system has intended.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:43:17 AM
To add an update to this and clarify, if I go into each item separately to edit, the auto title appears with the model now in the title. For example:

Bright Purple Butterfly Case-mate iPhone Case (the bold was auto added the first time)

has the following title already in the edit title input field when I click to edit:

Bright Purple Butterfly Case-Mate Tough Extreme iPhone 8/7 Case

When I bulk edited the title of that design on multiple items, the auto title added "Case-mate iPhone Case" (as well as basic titles describing the items), but won't add specifics like "iPhone 8/7 Case" unless I go in to edit the item separately.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 1:04:04 PM
I put this in the tech forum few months ago and they were going to look into it. Coincidentally, I brought the thread back up yesterday hoping for a follow up.
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:20:28 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
When looking at cases in the MP and hovering over a case, the exact type and model brand shows, but then when going to its product page, only the brand shows in the title, not the type.

I've also noticed that when making a case, the automatic pop-up says... so-and-so model brand and type is added to your title. But then when you check the product page the type (i.e X, 8/7, XS) does not appear.

Another thing... When doing a search for iPhone X Case in the MP, the amount of available cases is different than when doing a search for "iPhone X Cases" (quotation marks included in the search entry). I found out that the cases in the latter search are cases where the designer included the model brand and/or type in the title. Which makes me think their titles have preference over titles where Zazzle adds the model brand and/or type automatically. Which currently appears incomplete when only including i.e the model brand and not the type.

Edit: I apologize to MelroseOriginals for duplicate pointing out of things.

I often cross post. Also, I'm not sure that I am always clear in the way I explain things, being technically challenged, so any one else helping clear things up is always welcome.