Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 6:09:55 PM
Great idea, thanks

Can we get a force buy feature?
Laughing
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 6:53:46 PM
Idea

Thank you!
from me, too

Now I wish I could apply this feature to my existing template images without breaking the links. *sigh*

-Love-

Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 6:57:17 PM
vivendulies wrote:
Idea

Thank you!
from me, too

No I wish I could apply this feature to my existing template images without breaking the links. *sigh*

-Love-

Me too! here is another reason to allow us to edit existing designs!
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 8:44:40 PM
Why are we forcing customers to switch out our images for one of their own?
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 8:57:48 PM
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:

Sometimes it is required! Like when you have one or more placeholder images. It is good to have this as an option. It might also ease the way to get some commercial use images to use as placeholder images if you can assure the copyright owner they cannot be printed by the customer.
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 9:02:40 PM

In addition to what J32 said, when you have pictures of families and children for templates on cards and such, you need to have the customer add their own photographs to them.

This is not to replace your own artwork or elements.
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 2:30:51 PM
vivendulies wrote:
Idea

Thank you!
from me, too

No I wish I could apply this feature to my existing template images without breaking the links. *sigh*

-Love-

I was going to say the same thing.

Considering all of this new stuff, I think it's time to let us start editing the content of our published products like image and text placement, font, spacing, curvature, template labels and options, allowing customization etc.
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 7:24:36 PM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:

In addition to what J32 said, when you have pictures of families and children for templates on cards and such, you need to have the customer add their own photographs to them.

Thank you J32 and LM for your reply. I am not sure I understand completely but I'll search on the design tool thread tomorrow. Thanks again.
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 7:32:58 PM
LM Gildersleeve wrote:

Thank you J32 and LM for your reply. I am not sure I understand completely but I'll search on the design tool thread tomorrow. Thanks again.

You would only enable this feature if you had created a photo gift where you used a sample image that the customer is supposed to replace with their own photo. Like the CYO instagram collage gifts or the CYO calendars and cards etc... Does that help it make sense?
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 2:53:49 PM
Jerry Lambert wrote:

Considering all of this new stuff, I think it's time to let us start editing the content of our published products like image and text placement, font, spacing, curvature, template labels and options, allowing customization etc.

This right here! It is absolutely time. So many designs in the marketplace could use an upgrade using the all the new features.
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 1:23:13 AM
Hi,Shocked This to protect our own images from being used in stock photography sites? If people buy our product, with our design, this stops them from creating a stock photo from our own work! Great addition Zazzle! Justification, a big word and most if all designers understand the definition! I have not ventured further into the designer tool, too scared at what might come next! Ha Ha Shocked
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 2:39:45 AM
orientcourt wrote:
Hi,Shocked This to protect our own images from being used in stock photography sites? If people buy our product, with our design, this stops them from creating a stock photo from our own work! Great addition Zazzle! Justification, a big word and most if all designers understand the definition! I have not ventured further into the designer tool, too scared at what might come next! Ha Ha Shocked

Sorry, no it doesn't prevent art theft but it allows you to use images where you have a limited license (i.e. not for resale), because customers are forced to replace it. They still can use the image once they purchased their own license and replace it with their own download.

It also prevents accidental purchases of items where there is an image on the back with "your logo goes here" which they may have overlooked, because now you can force them to either delete or replace it.
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 5:24:05 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:

You would only enable this feature if you had created a photo gift where you used a sample image that the customer is supposed to replace with their own photo. Like the CYO instagram collage gifts or the CYO calendars and cards etc... Does that help it make sense?

Yes thank you! Smile
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 8:58:59 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
LM Gildersleeve wrote:

Yes thank you! Smile

You are welcome!