New design tool 21 pages: First ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 7:26:52 AM
dlgray wrote:
Yes, I thought of this as a workaround but not all of my images are the correct size to do that.

Have you tried using the crop tool to adjust your image to the right size?
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 11:56:12 AM
Dementees wrote:
dlgray wrote:
Yes, I thought of this as a workaround but not all of my images are the correct size to do that.

Have you tried using the crop tool to adjust your image to the right size?

When I discovered the CROP tool it was a life-saver.
Rather than open another program to edit an image, then upload it to Zazzle, then add to product, I can just add existing image from my Zazzle folder and crop to the dimensions/portions that I want to retain. I can then use the cropped image the same as an imported image (say tile it), although the cropped image is not saved to the folder as a separate image.
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 3:03:08 AM
The crop tool works perfectly for creating a border....THANK YOU!!!
I have never used it before within Zazzle design tools. I'm sure it will be a great discovery for many other instances too. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me find a workable resolution!!!!!
Roses
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 8:06:33 AM
my wishlist:
1. landscape layout for posters that can be available in all sizes without cropping the image or adding borders
2. more jewelry designs
3. a way to add at least 2 color fonts that the customer can select from easily (so I dont have to make a light background version and a dark background version for each of my t-shirts)
4. in marketing options for art (prints, etc) I'ld like to be able to choose "only this aspect ratio" but aspect ratio is linked to another thing (I think size).

there's more, but those are the ones I can remember now...i'll post again when i remember Smile

Roses Love Grin
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 10:25:41 AM
Opus Posh wrote:
1. landscape layout for posters that can be available in all sizes without cropping the image or adding borders

We already have that. You can use a custom size.
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 3:07:21 PM
dlgray wrote:
Am I the only one who used the border on postage stamps? I can't find it anywhere. Is it gone for good? It used to be under the EDIT function. I really liked to add some extra pop of color on my stamps. Without the border it looks unfinished to me. Will it be coming back? I really like the new design tools. Thanks to the whole team for their hard work.
--Diana

You're not the only one searching for postage border options. I've been using other stamps that already have a border color I want.
But seriously, are they working on this? A border makes them look so much better imho.
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:06:00 PM
In the new design tool would it be possible to get a search box so that if we know the name or first few letters of the font name we are looking for we could jump straight to it without all the constant scrolling. Tia!
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 3:52:10 PM
Does the fact that Zazzle invested time in the video tutorial announced here indicate that the ideas, suggestions, and requests made won't be incorporated, if they haven't already been incorporated?

Posted: Monday, February 20, 2017 3:35:52 PM
Cannot seem to add an image to postage stamps. I've tried several times but when I click add image there is no response.
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:16:48 PM
Also I cannot add an image to the Lifeproof products with the design tool. When I click on add image nothing happens. Am I the only one having this problem? I am using Firefox.
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:49:52 PM
^^ If you're still experiencing this please post about it in the Technical forum. Though I'm not seeing the same issue, and nobody else seems to be, either. I'd clear your cache and cookies and see if it's still an issue.
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:50:40 PM
RoyK_is_a_She - I don't think that the existence of that video means we're done iterating. Still more in the works.
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:31:55 PM
Scott wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She - I don't think that the existence of that video means we're done iterating. Still more in the works.

That's very good news, Scott - "snap to" is about to make me snap!

And, please, you can call me Roy. ;)
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:27:28 AM
I think I saw it somewhere in this thread but I would like to bump it... Please! can we have the ability to design from the preview back? It is so hard having to go back and forth to make sure things are lining up correctly Especially with products like leggings and high tops.It was never this hard before... Pleeeease? TIA!
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 6:57:38 PM
I'd love to be able to zoom in on the art view especially on long items like ribbon. It's hard to judge if my image will be cropped properly when the bleed lines are so thick on such a small space, and its hard to place elements properly when everything is scaled down so much.

I'd like to have the ability to add outlines to text so I can put optional text on any design without losing legibility. I have patterns with both light and dark elements and it's hard finding a place for text on those if I can only choose one color.
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 9:39:08 AM
Kaz_Foxsens_Animals wrote:

I'd like to have the ability to add outlines to text so I can put optional text on any design without losing legibility. I have patterns with both light and dark elements and it's hard finding a place for text on those if I can only choose one color.

That would be cool, in the meantime you can layer the text to create a drop shadow to give a little contrast and make them both templates. I have done that few times, but if you do, remember to add to the description instructions to the customer to be sure and change both text templates in order for the drop shadow to work. They can always delete one of the layers if they don't want the drop shadow.
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:16:51 AM
Shellibean_on_zazzle wrote:
That would be cool, in the meantime you can layer the text to create a drop shadow to give a little contrast and make them both templates. I have done that few times, but if you do, remember to add to the description instructions to the customer to be sure and change both text templates in order for the drop shadow to work. They can always delete one of the layers if they don't want the drop shadow.

If you give both the same URL Parameter name, both will change at the same time and the customer only has to enter their name (or whatever) once. You can make one or a hundred text elements the same URL Parameter name, and they'll all change.

Designs like wrapping paper with the same name all over is done that way: https://www.zazzle.com/black_personalized_name_pattern_a_modern_wrapping_paper-256953515888590419
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:46:42 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

If you give both the same URL Parameter name, both will change at the same time and the customer only has to enter their name (or whatever) once. You can make one or a hundred text elements the same URL Parameter name, and they'll all change.

Designs like wrapping paper with the same name all over is done that way: https://www.zazzle.com/black_personalized_name_pattern_a_modern_wrapping_paper-256953515888590419

Awesome! thanks Roy! this is how we learn something new everyday! Roses
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:57:27 AM
Awesome! thanks Roy! this is how we learn something new everyday! Roses

You're welcome! You can do the same with images, so one image will be repeated and the customer only has to swap it out once, whether it's multiple sizes, front/back, etc.. ;)
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 11:47:55 AM
Zobin wrote:
I'd also like to vote for the ability to turn the 'snap to centre' function on and off (if this isn't possible already, I can't find the option).

Either that or the 'nudge' distance could be reduced to a pixel as a previous poster suggested.

It's rather frustrating to have an image snapped from your 'grasp' when trying to drag it.

+1000xs

If we could turn it off when we no longer need it that would be reeeaaally super nice. Smile
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:19:09 PM
Laura Sweat wrote:
Zobin wrote:
I'd also like to vote for the ability to turn the 'snap to centre' function on and off (if this isn't possible already, I can't find the option).

Either that or the 'nudge' distance could be reduced to a pixel as a previous poster suggested.

It's rather frustrating to have an image snapped from your 'grasp' when trying to drag it.

+1000xs

If we could turn it off when we no longer need it that would be reeeaaally super nice. Smile

Update on that: https://forum.zazzle.com/feedback/can_centered_magnetic_red_lines_be_turned_off?m=1341039#1341039
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 11:33:29 AM
Not sure if someone already brought this up. I posted in the other forum, but I was told to post here.

I am turned off when creating new designs. The blue scroll bar is too small and hard to scroll up and down. It is hard to work. I get frustrated. Using chrome.
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 11:54:34 AM
I don't have skinny blue scrollbars, which means we're using different browsers. Mine is the standard width gray scrollbar in Firefox.
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 8:31:04 AM
modhome wrote:
Not sure if someone already brought this up. I posted in the other forum, but I was told to post here.

I am turned off when creating new designs. The blue scroll bar is too small and hard to scroll up and down. It is hard to work. I get frustrated. Using chrome.

I have the same problem. It is difficult to catch and scroll it.

I am on Chrome too.
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 12:28:21 PM
I am wondering about something that I noticed today, and maybe it's been mentioned already. But I don't have time to scroll through all the posts of this thread...

At the moment a not logged in customer will see a small image of the actual product image/design and 'Designed for you
by So-and-so' to the right of the product on the product page. With So-and-so being a clickable link.

When logged in though, one sees 'Artwork designed by So-and-so', 'View their Store' and 'Ask this Designer', and the designer store logo image. With So-and-so, View their Store, Ask this Designer and the store logo being clickable links.

Will this view be made the same at some point, whether logged in or not. Or will this difference stay? I would think that it makes total sense to show the designers' store logo next to the designer name/link at all times. That way one creates designer/store connection recognition.
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 12:48:52 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
At the moment a not logged in customer will see a small image of the actual product image/design and 'Designed for you
by So-and-so' to the right of the product on the product page. With So-and-so being a clickable link.

When logged in though, one sees 'Artwork designed by So-and-so', 'View their Store' and 'Ask this Designer', and the designer store logo image. With So-and-so, View their Store, Ask this Designer and the store logo being clickable links.

Will this view be made the same at some point, whether logged in or not. Or will this difference stay? I would think that it makes total sense to show the designers' store logo next to the designer name/link at all times. That way one creates designer/store connection recognition.

I have the new design tool turned off, so when I'm logged in, I see your version 2 so-and-so stuff. For products that haven't been converted to the new design interface, everyone sees your version 2 so-and-so stuff.

When I'm logged out, I see your version 1 so-and-so stuff. I recall reading that everyone logged out (ie all new customers and non-designers; so people without stores?) would see the new design interface and not have the Zazzle Labs option to turn it off.

Is it possible you were looking at one product with the old design interface (not yet converted) and one with the new design interface?
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 1:58:43 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:

I have the new design tool turned off, so when I'm logged in, I see your version 2 so-and-so stuff. For products that haven't been converted to the new design interface, everyone sees your version 2 so-and-so stuff.

When I'm logged out, I see your version 1 so-and-so stuff. I recall reading that everyone logged out (ie all new customers and non-designers; so people without stores?) would see the new design interface and not have the Zazzle Labs option to turn it off.

Is it possible you were looking at one product with the old design interface (not yet converted) and one with the new design interface?

Just like you I have the new design tool turned off. I worked with it for a little while but started to miss certain things, so I went back to the 'old' version.

Ah well, I guess things will work out in the end, or we'll get used to it as usual. Thanks for your 'try out' and reply though Smile
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 12:27:04 AM
I can't alight a single layer. I just want to center things a certain way but I guess you can only use the align tools if you have multiple layers selected.
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 6:10:44 AM
TerriKJones wrote:
I can't alight a single layer. I just want to center things a certain way but I guess you can only use the align tools if you have multiple layers selected.

If you want to center a layer click on the plus sign in the center of the directional arrows tool then you can adjust incrementally with the arrows and if you need smaller adjustments you can hold the control button while clicking an arrow. They took the magnetic snap grid lines away to work on some glitches but they might come back in the future. HTH

Also you can drag and drop layers if you are good at eyeballing it.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:39:35 AM
Opt out/Bad timing

I'd love to have had an option to opt out until after the Christmas designs were made. I was "on a roll" until today when I found the new design tools implemented. Now I'm having to spend my precious time learning something new instead of making designs to sell for the holidays.Crying

I wouldn't mind learning something new AFTER the holidays.

Any chance on an opt out (for the moment) button?Idea

Thank you, Zazzle, for trying to make things better/easier for us; however, I wish the timing hadn't been when we are all working our best to created new products to sell for Christmas. Sad