New attribution model - true or false? 5 pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 10:13:02 AM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

The Welcome to Zazzle email is tc=emc_WelcomeNewSubscriber_Email_Promo. I think that's the one from the pop-up box.

First time seeing this one. tc=emc_en-us_changed_settings
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 11:10:44 AM
Jerry wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

The Welcome to Zazzle email is tc=emc_WelcomeNewSubscriber_Email_Promo. I think that's the one from the pop-up box.

unbelievable...
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 11:15:53 AM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Jerry wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

unbelievable...

Makes me want to laugh & cry at the same time. Is there anywhere in the forums where the designers keep track of all the different Zazzle tracking codes there are?
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 12:04:35 PM
Kymberli_Designs wrote:
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Jerry wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

unbelievable...

Makes me want to laugh & cry at the same time. Is there anywhere in the forums where the designers keep track of all the different Zazzle tracking codes there are?

not yet...

here's one I had recently besides all the long Google ad codes

tc=emc_OrderDelivered
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 1:32:39 PM
Here are just SOME of the understandable tracking codes that I've been tracking since 4/23/18.

tc=emc_OrderConfirmationV2
tc=emc_01132020_40PCTOFFVALENTINES-0-90NewCustomers
tc=emc_01122020_40PCTOFFLEGGINGS-0-90NewCustomers 
tc=emc_OrderDelivered
tc=emc_OrderPackages
tc=welcome
tc=couponreminder2
tc=emc_10162019_25PCSOFFSITEWIDE_V2-NONBUYERSOPENED30D
tc=emc_10182019_50PCTOFFACCESSORIES_A-1xBUYERSOPENED30D
tc=emc_09032019_MUGSFLASH
tc=emc_08042019_25OFF25_i18nUK
tc=emc_05292019_FATHERSDAY
tc=emc_en-us_order_followup_reminder 
tc=emc_03132019_TWILIGHTTREAT  
tc=emc_0310_40TSHIRTSIWD_i18nUK  
tc=emc_02032019_SUNDAYSTEAL 
tc=emc_01162019_SITEWIDEPODS
tc=emc_en-us_anniversary  
tc=emc_12092018_PPLUGGAGE 
tc=emc_11262018_CMBUSCARDSCANVAS    
tc=emc_11272018_CWGRAPHIC 
tc=emc_0531_UPTO50OFFDADCALLOUT 
tc=emc_0515_FH50OFFBUSCARDS

So just jumbled codes that look like a cat walking over a keyboard are from Google ads?
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 2:16:18 PM
Kymberli_Designs wrote:
Here are just SOME of the understandable tracking codes that I've been tracking since 4/23/18.

tc=emc_OrderConfirmationV2
tc=emc_01132020_40PCTOFFVALENTINES-0-90NewCustomers
tc=emc_01122020_40PCTOFFLEGGINGS-0-90NewCustomers 
tc=emc_OrderDelivered
tc=emc_OrderPackages
tc=welcome
tc=couponreminder2
tc=emc_10162019_25PCSOFFSITEWIDE_V2-NONBUYERSOPENED30D
tc=emc_10182019_50PCTOFFACCESSORIES_A-1xBUYERSOPENED30D
tc=emc_09032019_MUGSFLASH
tc=emc_08042019_25OFF25_i18nUK
tc=emc_05292019_FATHERSDAY
tc=emc_en-us_order_followup_reminder 
tc=emc_03132019_TWILIGHTTREAT  
tc=emc_0310_40TSHIRTSIWD_i18nUK  
tc=emc_02032019_SUNDAYSTEAL 
tc=emc_01162019_SITEWIDEPODS
tc=emc_en-us_anniversary  
tc=emc_12092018_PPLUGGAGE 
tc=emc_11262018_CMBUSCARDSCANVAS    
tc=emc_11272018_CWGRAPHIC 
tc=emc_0531_UPTO50OFFDADCALLOUT 
tc=emc_0515_FH50OFFBUSCARDS

So just jumbled codes that look like a cat walking over a keyboard are from Google ads?

yes the gobbledygook really long ones that many end with BWE are google ads.
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 4:40:36 AM
I tracked mine back just from November 1, 2019 through today. And, I wondered if anyone knew what the gobbledygook ones that end with -wcB are? I have just as many as those as the BWE ones, if not more.

And, I thought I'd add some of mine that were not on Kymberli_Designs' list. Perhaps you can see how much new customers or new subscribers are targeted, as I've always suspected the majority are happening at that time. (For me anyway.) Other than that, I don't know how AbandonedCart, the product shares to friend, self or sender are analyzed. If Zazzle employee's are purchasing they can get a royalty, I guess, or sharing to a friend or sender...but is that employee or business relatable? I'm confused.

All the rest are sales.

tc=emc_ProductShareToFriend
tc=emc_WelcomeSeriesStart_Account_NoPromo
tc=emc_12152019_50STATIONERY_i18nAU
tc=emc_01142020_40PCTOFFVALENTINES-0-90NewCustomers
tc=emc_01022020_50PCTBUSINESSCARDS-0xBuyersOpened15
tc=emc_11182019_UPTO60PCTOFF_B-2xBuyersOpened15
tc=emc_12102019_50PCTOFFWRAPPINGPAPER
tc=emc_WelcomeSeriesStart_Email_Promo
tc=emc_12072019_60PCTOFFTSHIRTS-2xBuyersOpened15
tc=emc_12052019_60PCTOFFWRAPPINGPAPER-2xBuyersOpened15
tc=emc_12032019_60PCTOFFMUGS-2xBuyersOpened15
tc=emc_AbandonedCart1
tc=emc_11302019_60PCTOFFPILLOWS-0xBuyersOpened15
tc=emc_11102019_20PCTOFFSW-0-90NewCustomers
tc=emc_11122019_20PCTOFFSW-2xBuyersBalance
tc=emc_WelcomeNewSubscriber_Account_NoPromo
tc=emc_ProductShareToSelf
tc=emc_11272019_60PCTOFFORNAMENTS-1xBuyersOpened15
tc=emc_11272019_BFWEEKDAY3_i18nCA
tc=emc_11132019_60PCTOFF-0-90NewCustomers
tc=emc_ProductShareToSender
tc=emc_11052019_CARDSANDSTATIONERY_V1-0-90NEWSUBSCRIBERS
tc=emc_11052019_20SITEWIDE_i18nUK
tc=emc_11032019_UPTO50PCTOFF_V2-0XBUYERSOPENED15

Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:08:16 AM
Thanks for the list, Kymberli_Designs and Laura Sweat.
I guess not only does Zazzle try to do everything they can to take away a referral from an affliate, they also try to do everthing they can to make us pay a referral fee for customers who came to Zazzle non referred.
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:11:35 AM
Funcards wrote:
Thanks for the list, Kymberli and Laura.
I guess not only does Zazzle try to do everything they can to take away a referral from an affliate, they also try to do everthing they can to make us pay a referral fee for customers who came to Zazzle non referred.

Bingo!
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:15:49 AM
Thanks for sharing Laura! I'm always curious as to how many more ways Zazzle takes $ from us lol. So unreal.

So this may be a stupid question... but what exactly are the google ads? Is that Zazzle, promoters, both? I had how I can't comprehend what they are. At least Zazzle's codes have emc (email code) and what it is generally.
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:19:58 AM
Kymberli_Designs wrote:
That's exactly my question Shelli! How did Zazzle's cookie overwrite mine? She didn't make an account until she went to order, so Zazzle wouldn't of had her email previously to have gotten the cookie first. I just don't get it.

Maybe the more technically minded folk around here could say if the following scenario is possible:

A brand new customer follows your referral link to Zazzle, and a cookie is set with your referral ID.

Customer closes browser and switches PC off for the day. They have their browser set to clear all cookies on exit, so your referral cookie is wiped at this point.

Next day, customer clicks on a link in a Zazzle email to return to the Zazzle site and makes a purchase. A new referral cookie is set with Zazzle's referral ID. Even though it is within the 7-day window, your cookie no longer existed, so Zazzle scooped the pot.
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:58:53 AM
Kymberli_Designs wrote:
Thanks for sharing Laura! I'm always curious as to how many more ways Zazzle takes $ from us lol. So unreal.

So this may be a stupid question... but what exactly are the google ads? Is that Zazzle, promoters, both? I had how I can't comprehend what they are. At least Zazzle's codes have emc (email code) and what it is generally.

Yes the Google ad tracking codes are Zazzle. They are from the Google shopping ad campaigns.

in addition to many of them ending with the letters BwE, a lot of them start with the letters Cjw.

I just looked at one of my stickers that ranks in a Google shopping search clicked on the link and in the address bar the referral code and tracking codes show when I hover on it.

Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:59:46 AM
Jules wrote:
Kymberli_Designs wrote:
That's exactly my question Shelli! How did Zazzle's cookie overwrite mine? She didn't make an account until she went to order, so Zazzle wouldn't of had her email previously to have gotten the cookie first. I just don't get it.

Maybe the more technically minded folk around here could say if the following scenario is possible:

A brand new customer follows your referral link to Zazzle, and a cookie is set with your referral ID.

Customer closes browser and switches PC off for the day. They have their browser set to clear all cookies on exit, so your referral cookie is wiped at this point.

Next day, customer clicks on a link in a Zazzle email to return to the Zazzle site and makes a purchase. A new referral cookie is set with Zazzle's referral ID. Even though it is within the 7-day window, your cookie no longer existed, so Zazzle scooped the pot.

That is one feasible scenario.

Adding:

the above scenario would not explain the specific tracking code that Kymberli had... tc=emc_ORDERCONFIRMATION though... you only get that cookie after you have made an order already.
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 10:50:40 AM
Laura Sweat wrote:
Other than that, I don't know how AbandonedCart, the product shares to friend, self or sender are analyzed. If Zazzle employee's are purchasing they can get a royalty, I guess, or sharing to a friend or sender...but is that employee or business relatable? I'm confused.

ProductShareToFriend can happen when you are not logged into Zazzle (and probally also when you're not part of the affliate program). I just tried that by not logging in and sharing a product to my email. The link had Zazzle's referral code.
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 11:48:14 AM
Jules wrote:

Yes, this is exactly how it would work, if the user's cookies are cleared each time they exit their browser.
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 12:05:35 PM
Kymberli_Designs wrote:

In Google, Bing, and other search engines, the "main" window is "organic" search results - those are websites out in the world that the search engines "index." No cookie is set for the Referral in the links in the search results page (generally speaking).

In Google, Bing, other search engines, pretty much all social media, and other websites (including maybe mine, and yours, and anyone else's), there are advertisements which may look similar to search results or they may look like advertisements. Those would typically have a Referral cookie attached to the links.

Also in most search engines and some social media, when the user searches, there is a "Shopping" tab or link. Google used to have a free option for people with their own products (so if I sell widgets from home, I could put my products into Google's "Shopping" feed; I believe it's all paid space now). Those generally have Referral cookies attached to their links too.

If Zazzle pays for advertising in a search engine, in a search engine's Shopping feed, or on social media, Zazzle would attach their "associate" ID. So they would have their email links and their advertising links out there overwriting true Affiliates. If I participate in any advertising options, I would attach my Referral cookie. You can advertise on those sites and anyone else can too. So it may be promoters/Affiliates or it may be Zazzle. Personally, I have yet to see a Google ad or Google shopping feed item that has a true Affiliate's Referral ID attached. I've seen where people have said they advertise, but I haven't seen their ads. It's always Zazzle's "associate" ID, when I look at the links.

If the Tracking Code looks like a cat walked on a keyboard (great description!) that's usually generated via an advertising system.

ETA: Not a stupid question. ;)

Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 12:10:40 PM
Kymberli_Designs wrote:

Not that I'm aware. Zazzle uses different Tracking Codes for different sales/promotions, so those are newly added daily. Welcome, order delivered emails, unsubscribe links, you left something in your cart - those are the same over and over - but in all cases, once you start looking, it's easy to recognize which ones are NOT Zazzle and where a true Affiliate earned the Referral.
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 12:12:14 PM
Jerry wrote:
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:

I saw this last week when I changed my own payment settings. So apparently when a customer changes something in their Member Profile, they receive a confirmation email, and it's all laced up with Z's "associate" ID in the RF parameter of the links.
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 12:25:07 PM
Jerry wrote:
The way I have read it is that this change makes rf links stronger. Zazzle has their own rf links everywhere. Considering that, this will make it way harder for anyone who isn't Zazzle to get a referral. You would need to bring in a new customer that has never heard of Zazzle to get a referral. And considering the new lifespan of Zazzle's own rf links, it will also cause 3rd party sales to greatly increase. This could eventually lead to all of our sales becoming 3rd party.

I had a think about this the other day. Maybe I am over-simplifying, but this is what I'm thinking is true.

30-minute window - There are 336 times in a 7-day period where Affiliates would be able to overwrite a Zazzle "associate" ID.

7-day window - There is 1 time in a 7-day period where Affiliates would be able to overwrite a Zazzle "associate" ID.

With literally a hundred or more Zazzle links sitting in a user's mailbox in the first week of their creating a profile (each email having at least a dozen links and at least one email/day), Zazzle is continually setting their own "associate" ID for the Referral.

The problem with the program isn't the cookie length or that the cookie may be overwritten in THIS or THAT period of time by true Affiliates. The problem with the program is that Zazzle participates in it, and a single person can't compete by virtue of the sheer number of links Zazzle puts out. An affiliate program is intended to general sales for the program operator (and therefore revenue) and revenue for affiliates - not just for the operator to generate revenue. The win-win of affiliate marketing is the reason we participate. If it's going to be win-lose, why bother?

Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 12:50:01 PM
I went back to a bunch of product sold emails. on every one of them the tracking code was

tc=emc_en-us_ProductPurchaseForContributor

what does this mean?

- Marcia s.
SocolikCardShop
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 1:02:18 PM
SocolikCardShop wrote:
I went back to a bunch of product sold emails. on every one of them the tracking code was

what does this mean?

- Marcia s.
SocolikCardShop

I have never seen that one before but I am curious. how recent were these sales?

contributor of what I wonder? the en-us part means it was the .com domain but I am not sure what the contributor part means....

I have a suspicion but it is speculation.
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 1:04:00 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
Jerry wrote:
The way I have read it is that this change makes rf links stronger. Zazzle has their own rf links everywhere. Considering that, this will make it way harder for anyone who isn't Zazzle to get a referral. You would need to bring in a new customer that has never heard of Zazzle to get a referral. And considering the new lifespan of Zazzle's own rf links, it will also cause 3rd party sales to greatly increase. This could eventually lead to all of our sales becoming 3rd party.

I had a think about this the other day. Maybe I am over-simplifying, but this is what I'm thinking is true.

30-minute window - There are 336 times in a 7-day period where Affiliates would be able to overwrite a Zazzle "associate" ID.

7-day window - There is 1 time in a 7-day period where Affiliates would be able to overwrite a Zazzle "associate" ID.

With literally a hundred or more Zazzle links sitting in a user's mailbox in the first week of their creating a profile (each email having at least a dozen links and at least one email/day), Zazzle is continually setting their own "associate" ID for the Referral.

The problem with the program isn't the cookie length or that the cookie may be overwritten in THIS or THAT period of time by true Affiliates. The problem with the program is that Zazzle participates in it, and a single person can't compete by virtue of the sheer number of links Zazzle puts out. An affiliate program is intended to general sales for the program operator (and therefore revenue) and revenue for affiliates - not just for the operator to generate revenue. The win-win of affiliate marketing is the reason we participate. If it's going to be win-lose, why bother?

reading this made me wonder what would happen to Zazzle if we all just stopped promoting...

Probably wouldn't happen but if it did?
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 1:08:36 PM
Quote:
I have never seen that one before but I am curious. how recent were these sales?

emails were very recent - last one was 2/7/2020
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 1:14:09 PM
SocolikCardShop wrote:
Quote:

emails were very recent - last one was 2/7/2020

thanks for that... I was thinking this might be a new thing.

contributor... to the blog maybe or the create tool? I am not sure but it is possible that emails are going out encouraging people to contribute content and these emails have Zazzle's referral id attached.

Adding: another place people contribute content is the "ideas" section.
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2020 9:49:45 AM
I apologize if this was already brought up but to sum this up,
1 If a customer chats with you asking for help
2 you send them a link with the design ready to go
3 they click on that link and purchase it
4 you get bupkis - correct?

Because this person was already on the site shopping and therefore your link cannot override their link bla bla cookies 45 days bla bla

Trying not to be snarky sooooo again what is the point of the chatting feature? I have done it and have offered to help others bc that is the polite thing to do. But after reading this it makes NO sense at all to do it - complete waste of time. I am better off to let them know that Zazz representatives are available to assist them correct? They are getting the referral I am going to receive third party on that sale anyway so ....

what AM I missing here? Not sure what the point of all this is really about. The stars moon and planet still have to be all in perfect sync to earn a referral. lol! I have given out more links than you can imagine and time and time again I do not see anything that says self from those links. I just do not believe any of it anymore. Unless it is family or close friends they do NOT work! I guess RoyK to answer your question I say False! ;) lol
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2020 10:30:29 AM
Is anyone able to say if the following tracking codes I have seen on recent Sales emails are also Zazzle's? Or actual, genuine, affiliates?

tc=f7243174df3411146e9e6f4859b28492

tc=dsa-792203983860x77831121589x6518020781

tc=aud-839542227764: dsa-822508497039x82906583750x6609462610

tc=214945283605563458
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2020 11:46:58 AM
Jules wrote:
Is anyone able to say if the following tracking codes I have seen on recent Sales emails are also Zazzle's? Or actual, genuine, affiliates?

tc=f7243174df3411146e9e6f4859b28492

tc=dsa-792203983860x77831121589x6518020781

tc=aud-839542227764: dsa-822508497039x82906583750x6609462610

tc=214945283605563458

I can't say one way or the other but I can tell you that the tc=dsa and the tc=aud look familiar to me. I have many like them also.
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020 8:33:44 AM
Here are more tc codes I haven't seen in my list before.

tc=emc_WelcomeNewSubscriber_Email_Promo

tc=emc_12092019_60PCTOFFTSHIRTS8PM-2xBuyersOpened15