Need Duplication of Layers Tool
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 10:09:46 AM
I would like to ask if the Product Creation interface could have the option of being able to duplicate a layer. It is tiresome to have to do a single line four times in order to create a 'frame' for an image (going on a poster). I want to make my settings for the line thickness, color and make it 'fit' the design and then be able to duplicate 3 more times in order to achieve my goal.

The same point applies to any other graphical or photographic image sources. It would speed up the Creation process no end if we could just tell the layer to be duplicated and then move into desired position.

Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 10:57:35 AM
Caroline Webb wrote:
I would like to ask if the Product Creation interface could have the option of being able to duplicate a layer. It is tiresome to have to do a single line four times in order to create a 'frame' for an image (going on a poster). I want to make my settings for the line thickness, color and make it 'fit' the design and then be able to duplicate 3 more times in order to achieve my goal.

The same point applies to any other graphical or photographic image sources. It would speed up the Creation process no end if we could just tell the layer to be duplicated and then move into desired position.

Thanks

Does Copy & Paste not work for duplication for you? It does for me. (Of course that wouldn't put it in the position you want, you would have to do that manually)

Or am I misunderstanding your request? *shrugs*
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:09:02 AM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
Caroline Webb wrote:

Thanks

Does Copy & Paste not work for duplication for you? It does for me. (Of course that wouldn't put it in the position you want, you would have to do that manually)

Or am I misunderstanding your request? *shrugs*

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing! Copy/paste works for me...just select all the layers you want to duplicate and paste where you want. BTW, the copy/paste works better in the new tool than the old one...at least for me it does.
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:19:41 AM
A much simpler option is to use the rectangle shape instead of the line. You can change the size to fit your poster, edit the border to any size or color and set the inside fill to transparent so all that shows is the border.
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:21:27 AM
Array Stores wrote:
A much simpler option is to use the rectangle shape instead of the line. You can change the size to fit your poster, edit the border to any size or color and set the inside fill to transparent so all that shows is the border.

Awesome idea! I didn't even think about the shapes and I use them that way! haha
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 1:26:57 PM
Hey THANKS to everyone who replied! Well I'll be darned, never would I have thought of copying an item and pasting it, as the interface just seemed so rigid - I have been adding this and adding that, ad nauseum, when I don't need to. WOW, thanks again!

Also thanks to Array Stores for tip re making a shape have a transparent center. Super helpful.

Oh, I have a shot of energy to keep me going now! Idea Idea
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 4:20:45 PM
Caroline Webb wrote:
Hey THANKS to everyone who replied! Well I'll be darned, never would I have thought of copying an item and pasting it, as the interface just seemed so rigid - I have been adding this and adding that, ad nauseum, when I don't need to. WOW, thanks again!

Also thanks to Array Stores for tip re making a shape have a transparent center. Super helpful.

Oh, I have a shot of energy to keep me going now! Idea Idea

Glad we could help Grin ....I could use a shot of that myself.

Maybe I'll just have a shot of something else.. Laughing Laughing
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:44:14 AM
How is this done? I have no copy or paste options, right clicking does not work for this. I am trying to duplicate a shape.
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:01:06 AM
Kimberly wrote:
How is this done? I have no copy or paste options, right clicking does not work for this. I am trying to duplicate a shape.

Ctrl+C to copy, Ctrl+V to paste. (not sure what that would be on a Mac.)

ETA: You can also click the Edit menu at the upper left in the designer, to access copy and paste functions.

If by chance you're using mobile app or a tablet, sorry - can't help with that!
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:03:20 AM
Kimberly wrote:

You don't have Copy/Paste in the EDIT dropdown?
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:14:23 AM
Fuzzy, thank you!