Move Arrows ?
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 9:15:59 AM
I have meant to ask this for over a week but had no time. I can not for the life of me locate the arrows to move items up down left and right. I use the keyboard right now but would love to be able to hit the button with my mouse.

Also I was wondering if the option to move to first or move to last is somewhere? It is in the Quick Create and does save a lot of time. Now I have to move one item at a time up or down. Is there a way to highlight all the items you want to move and do it at one time? Usually I have a custom name that ends up underneath layers of stuff and moving it up takes some time.

Thanks, hopefully I am just missing these two options.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 9:20:29 AM
Sorry to say, the keyboard is the new way now.
for the directional moves that is...
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 9:21:06 AM
LeatherWood Design wrote:
I have meant to ask this for over a week but had no time. I can not for the life of me locate the arrows to move items up down left and right. I use the keyboard right now but would love to be able to hit the button with my mouse.

Also I was wondering if the option to move to first or move to last is somewhere? It is in the Quick Create and does save a lot of time. Now I have to move one item at a time up or down. Is there a way to highlight all the items you want to move and do it at one time? Usually I have a custom name that ends up underneath layers of stuff and moving it up takes some time.

The Directional Pad has been removed. Use arrows to move and Alt+S to center

Move first to last is also gone, but I think I read somewhere, maybe in Design tool Feedback, that the function may be returning in some form or another *shrugs*

I highlight elements as I always did, by holding Ctrl while clicking... some use the shift function and click the uppermost element and then the lower and all in between get highlighted. I haven't been able to move all elements at once, though, even after grabbing.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 9:24:52 AM
The shift key function has been added back for selecting all layers at once.

And I thought you could still drag layers up and down or use the controls at the top that say "forward", "backward" to move layers too.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 9:34:27 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

And I thought you could still drag layers up and down or use the controls at the top that say "forward", "backward" to move layers too.

HaHa I haven't noticed "Forward" or "Backward" controls.
I have tried to move all selected elements with the drag method and only one would move. I gave up dealing with.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 10:28:38 AM

A good one for your tips-and-tricks thread.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 12:02:03 PM
Colorwash wrote:

A good one for your tips-and-tricks thread.

Thanks for the reminder! Love
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 1:09:02 PM
From the Design tool Feedback thread, posted 11/21/18...

Scott wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:
First off... I'm very happy that the shift key can be used again to select multiple layers. However, what is still missing is dragging the selected layers up or down, or using the 'forward' or 'backward' function combined with selecting multiple layers. The 'forward' and 'backward' functions gray out when choosing multiple layers. And one of the main purposes of choosing multiple layers is being able to move them up or down in the layer order.

Can this be put on the list of revamping previous extremely useful (old design tool) features, please?
We should have this added to the site in early 2019.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 3:25:03 PM
ArtAttic wrote:

Scott wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:
First off... I'm very happy that the shift key can be used again to select multiple layers. However, what is still missing is dragging the selected layers up or down, or using the 'forward' or 'backward' function combined with selecting multiple layers. The 'forward' and 'backward' functions gray out when choosing multiple layers. And one of the main purposes of choosing multiple layers is being able to move them up or down in the layer order.

Can this be put on the list of revamping previous extremely useful (old design tool) features, please?

I just dragged layers in the new design tool and it worked, on a design with an image layer and a text layer when I dragged the image layer to the top it covered up the text. Then I dragged the text back to the top and it reappeared. So I don't know if they got a chance to do that early or what but it is working now.

Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 4:22:14 PM
ArtAttic wrote:

Scott wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:

I just dragged layers in the new design tool and it worked, on a design with an image layer and a text layer when I dragged the image layer to the top it covered up the text. Then I dragged the text back to the top and it reappeared. So I don't know if they got a chance to do that early or what but it is working now.

Yes, grabbing and dragging layers has been able with the new design tool all along. I was talking about selecting and dragging multiple layers at the same time, or moving multiple chosen layers by using the forward and backward option.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 4:32:01 PM
ArtAttic wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:

Scott wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:

Yes, grabbing and dragging layers has been able with the new design tool all along. I was talking about selecting and dragging multiple layers at the same time, or moving multiple chosen layers by using the forward and backward option.

oh I see, my bad.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 7:17:04 PM
oh I see, my bad.

No biggie Smile
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 9:48:47 PM
Thanks for all the answers. I think these are items / ideas that can easily be fixed by the powers that be aka tech. The ability to move items using your mouse is sorely missed by me because I currently only have use of one hand and use a handheld mouse. It is pain having to put it down just to move things a little bit. Also the move to front, move to back or even just as we have all tried drag items will be incorporated at a future date. It would be silly not to add these items back when the new editor has been made so well.

I was thinking that bending lines would be an interesting addition.
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 9:30:51 AM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:
LeatherWood Design wrote:

The Directional Pad has been removed. Use arrows to move and Alt+S to center

Move first to last is also gone, but I think I read somewhere, maybe in Design tool Feedback, that the function may be returning in some form or another *shrugs*

I highlight elements as I always did, by holding Ctrl while clicking... some use the shift function and click the uppermost element and then the lower and all in between get highlighted. I haven't been able to move all elements at once, though, even after grabbing.

And shift + arrow = big moves
Ctrl + arrow = small moves