I miss an option in 'Post Product for Sale'
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 2:25:23 AM
Hi,
When I make a new item, in "Post Product for Sale/ Categories/Recipient/For Anyone", I miss an option like ecologist, naturist, vegetarian or similar.

I have this illustration and I don't know very well in which category to place it.

Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 4:05:00 AM
Before you joined Zazzle, we had a vast number categories, but no matter how many were added, it still wasn’t enough. It ended up being incredibly time consuming for the designer to find their specific category. Now it’s easier. We use tags to specify. In your case, you can add vegetarian as a tag. Really, it’s a lot easier.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 4:24:30 AM
Josep Mestres · Art & Design wrote:
Hi,
When I make a new item, in "Post Product for Sale/ Categories/Events & Occasions/For Anyone", I miss an option like ecologist, naturist, vegetarian or similar.

I have this illustration and I don't know very well in which category to place it.

It becomes really hard to find any category if you blow it up. That is what tags are for, where you can ad "slow food caricature" "ecologist naturist vegetarian"

Zazzle could add a tag catalog, a most used tag cloud of some sort and introduce there some sort of hierarchy that works like categories, a catalog generated by an algorithm. I surely wouldn't mind that.

Sifting through an overblown catalog gives me the creeps. I already have trouble to keep the available categories sorted in my mind to access and use them efficiently. Often enough I don't bother with them, because they are too bothersome.

·△·
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 5:44:02 AM
vivendulies wrote:

Sifting through an overblown catalog gives me the creeps. I already have trouble to keep the available categories sorted in my mind to access and use them efficiently. Often enough I don't bother with them, because they are too bothersome.

ME TOO! There use to be two (or was it three) menus for categories, one for recipient too. It was mind-blowingly exhausting.

I'll add that I rarely use the categories section now that it's changed. The only time I do use it is for holidays.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 5:57:16 AM
Interesting. I also don’t often bother with the categories, mostly because they seem focused on celebrations small or large, which I don’t often design for. Like the OP, I focus more on people’s interests. There could never be enough categories to cover all the things people get involved in.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 7:13:18 AM
Sorry, I had a mistake, I wanted to write "Categories/Recipient/For Anyone".
Usually I try not complicate myself too much. I understand never will be enough categories for everyone. But in these categories, I can't fit one:
Administrative Professional
Any Person
Boss
Caregiver
Coach
Co-worker
Customer
Doctor
Employee
Family
Friend
Guests
Military
Neighbour
Nurse
Pastor
Priest
Teacher
Volunteer
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 7:16:53 AM
I appreciate the idea of replacing it with tags. It is a solution.
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 11:26:42 AM
I didn't even realize those were still there!