Homepage Today- Virtual Room Display
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 3:53:02 PM
I really like the picture of the room full of Zazzle products today on the homepage! I love how you can click on the product and it actually takes you to that product, very cool!I really wish that we could have our own little rooms to set up for people on our store pages. That would be so cool if we could choose our own stuff for the virtual rooms. What do you think? Please! :-)Roses Love Smile Idea Laughing
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 4:00:07 PM
I agree 100%! I've often thought the same thing and wished we could do that with all of the InSitu scenes Zazzle creates on their home page. It would be great for using in our stores and in collections. Zazzle offers so many great tools for designers and this would be the icing on the cake!
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 4:16:07 PM
MarblesPictures wrote:
I really like the picture of the room full of Zazzle products today on the homepage! I love how you can click on the product and it actually takes you to that product, very cool!I really wish that we could have our own little rooms to set up for people on our store pages. That would be so cool if we could choose our own stuff for the virtual rooms. What do you think? Please! :-)Roses Love Smile Idea Laughing

That is a super cool idea... might be a little technically tough to accomplish but I would love it if we could do that!
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 4:29:01 PM
MarblesPictures wrote:
I really like the picture of the room full of Zazzle products today on the homepage!

Me too! I noticed it straight away. Nice & clean, airy summer colors, no chevrons or anchors or string lights & twine ...
Given enough time for shoppers to start clicking on these things, maybe the "Trending" row will start showing more exciting variety too.
Smile
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 5:59:58 PM
I've mentioned this before but the product page for posters and canvas prints used to show a wall preview with several room variations to choose from so customers could see how the print looked at different sizes and in different environments, and they even included the option of uploading your own room photo. It was absolutely brilliant and resulted in a huge increase in poster sales when it was introduced. Why they took that away and replaced it with nothing is still beyond me.
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 6:47:43 PM
Dementees wrote:
I've mentioned this before but the product page for posters and canvas prints used to show a wall preview with several room variations to choose from so customers could see how the print looked at different sizes and in different environments, and they even included the option of uploading your own room photo. It was absolutely brilliant and resulted in a huge increase in poster sales when it was introduced. Why they took that away and replaced it with nothing is still beyond me.

Wow, I never knew that... must have been before my time, but it sounds great and I wish they would bring it back!
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 11:40:59 PM
The idea is nice, but may be pretty nightmarish to realize and to maintain, in a way that it's open to individual adaptations. Plus I don't think, shoppers will use it much. Thought to create something like that on my own site for my own stuff, but rejected that idea quickly. Great looking insitu views would have more impact and need less work to accomplish, IMO. The poster on a wall is such a great idea. Or a throw blanket over a fireplace as decoration. Or duvets on a bed in a nice bedroom. The baby blanket is a good example of a really nice view, just lovely.
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 2:50:40 AM
Sounds like a cool idea, happy to pass along, thanks! Smile
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 3:16:30 AM
Dementees wrote:
I've mentioned this before but the product page for posters and canvas prints used to show a wall preview with several room variations to choose from so customers could see how the print looked at different sizes and in different environments, and they even included the option of uploading your own room photo. It was absolutely brilliant and resulted in a huge increase in poster sales when it was introduced. Why they took that away and replaced it with nothing is still beyond me.[/size]

I remember that wall and they display options, and it was VERY cool. No other POD had anything like it at the time. I think the office wall and the over the fireplace wall were my two favorites that I used often. Really hated to see that go.
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 5:57:28 AM
MarblesPictures wrote:

YESSSSSSS!
That would be amazing.
Even a simpler version with a straight-on bed, a few accent pillows, and a poster.