Greeting cards, no department
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 5:57:45 AM
Recently I've been finding greeting cards amongst my products that were never assigned to the Greeting Cards department (or any department) when the department tree was revised.

They're definitely greeting cards Smile I'm not sure what the common problem is that sees some of them left in the wilderness of 'found in search only' and others not.

I don't know if this is a bug or by design, so I'm posting it as Feedback, but also as a warning to other designers that your cards might not be being found.
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 7:12:13 AM
Thanks for the heads up....is there a way in the back end to sort and find products that are not assigned to any department? or does one have to look at each and every product to see that information?
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 7:20:10 AM
No method that I know of Shirley Sad
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 7:21:32 AM
hi Shirley, once Scott said if we search our store and add /generics to the end of the URL it would bring up all the orphan products at once.

so that would look like www.zazzle.com/your store name here/generics

hope that helps.
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 7:36:36 AM
thanks Shelli....helps a lot with that tidbit of info. I didn't have any, but I only started listing product in October, so probably wouldn't affect me as much as people that have been here a longer time. I think I started just barely before the new "tree", so maybe that's a good thing.
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 8:21:04 AM
Shirley Stalter wrote:
thanks Shelli....helps a lot with that tidbit of info. I didn't have any, but I only started listing product in October, so probably wouldn't affect me as much as people that have been here a longer time. I think I started just barely before the new "tree", so maybe that's a good thing.

Glad to helpSmile
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 11:30:44 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
hi Shirley, once Scott said if we search our store and add /generics to the end of the URL it would bring up all the orphan products at once.

hope that helps.
Yes, and shortly afterwards I mentioned that this page doesn't behave exactly as one would expect. It's a custom page created for internal use, and it could disappear entirely at any point in time. Use it at your own risk.
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 11:58:57 AM
Scott wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

hope that helps.
Yes, and shortly afterwards I mentioned that this page doesn't behave exactly as one would expect. It's a custom page created for internal use, and it could disappear entirely at any point in time. Use it at your own risk.

ok thanks Scott I think I must have missed that post.

is there any other advice you have for us to find these orphans?
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 12:15:04 PM
I have three greeting cards when I use the generic link that are in the right department (Invitations & Stationery > greeting cards), but they don't have the product type appended to the title. I've posted about this a number of times, but they don't get corrected.

https://www.zazzle.com/golden_retriever_vibrant_blue_winter_wishes_art-137670310788691857

https://www.zazzle.com/golden_retriever_keep_calm_and_road_trip-137062590774055422

https://www.zazzle.com/funny_golden_retriever_barium_scientist_joke-137568142647990722
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 12:29:19 PM
"is there any other advice you have for us to find these orphans?"

This would be a great help, that and bulk editing of the that feature too. I know you've heard that one once or twice. Stick out tongue