Front page is really cute today!
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 5:17:09 AM
Love the pups! and also thanks for adding more color lately... I noticed it over the past couple weeks there has been alot more color.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 7:24:57 AM
I mean, pups are just what make the world turn with joy I feel. Glad you liked it and the addition of some designer inspiring colors Shelli. Love
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 8:43:33 AM
Good pic and color. By the way, did you know there are more cat than dog pets in the U.S?
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 9:00:56 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Good pic and color. By the way, did you know there are more cat than dog pets in the U.S?

According to the world atlas, there are more fish pets in the U.S. than both cats and dogs combined.

1 Freshwater fish 171,700,000
2 Cat 93,600,000
3 Dog 79,500,000
4 Small pets 15,900,000
5 Bird 15,000,000
6 Reptile 13,600,000
7 Equine 13,300,000
8 Salt water fish 11,200,000

Smile
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 9:12:18 AM
I wonder if the list counts animals or if it counts people owning the animals. The numbers would be accordingly different.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 10:15:02 AM
I have dogs and cats now.

Have in the past had fish, snakes, lizards, birds, potbelly pigs,a crocodile, horses, and a donkey...

boy no wonder I am tired... Laughing
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 10:52:50 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I wonder if the list counts animals or if it counts people owning the animals. The numbers would be accordingly different.

It is a list of Most Popular Pets. There would be trillions of fish in the wild, but in the ocean mostly.

I did find this data. It has the numbers of fish killed for food. I think this is worldwide though.

790 – 2,300 billion fishes were caught from the wild for 2007-2016
970 – 2,700 billion fishes were caught from the wild for 1999-2007
450 – 1,000 billion fishes were caught to make fishmeal and fish oil for 2005-2009.
48 – 160 billion farmed fish were killed for food in 2015.
220 – 520 billion farmed crustaceans were also killed for food in 2015.

Back OT, dogs are awesome. I vote for dogs on the home page at least 3 times a week. I miss my little doggy. My cat has now grown on me. She only makes me mad when she draws blood from me, but I get over it pretty quickly.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 11:31:46 AM
Jerry, you might get one of those retractable feather toys for tiring out Ms. Kitty. Get her leaping and twirling, and she'll be less likely to consider you a toy.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 11:42:11 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Jerry, you might get one of those retractable feather toys for tiring out Ms. Kitty. Get her leaping and twirling, and she'll be less likely to consider you a toy.

or one of these... my cats love them

https://www.chewy.com/bergan-turbo-scratcher-cat-toy/dp/49192?utm_source=shopzilla&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Bergan&utm_campaign=hg
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 12:59:30 PM
Colorwash wrote:

That is the one thing that she doesn't have. She has a tower with mice on bouncy strings and lots of scratching posts and we play with a laser pointer almost every day. She is Siamese and a year old now, she has no off button. She seems more "playful" and less "loving" after her surgery. lol

Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

or one of these... my cats love them

She has one of those too. She sleeps a lot during the day. It's at night when I'm ready to wind down, that is when she decides it's time to play. She is extremely predatory. Sometimes a fly will come in the house and she almost destroys everything trying to catch it. So far she has caught and murdered two of them... that I know of.

Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:25:08 PM
She's still a kitten, unfortunately a full-sized one. As far as I know, there's rarely a placid Siamese. Mine sure weren't, and I actually loved them more because of it.

I've been a longtime fan of Jackson Galaxy's "My Cat from Hell" series, one of the episodes dealing with a true hellion, a Savannah, which is like a Siamese on steroids times two. Be grateful you "only" have a Siamese.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 2:26:56 PM
My snowshoe is the most mellow cat since he was altered.. people think he is a Siamese but he's not.

But he is hard on birds. The only bird I haven't seen him kill so far is humming birds and I hope I never see that or I will have to take down my feeders.

Adding: Well I guess according to Google, technically he is kind of a Siamese, but he acts nothing like one. He does have really blue eyes but they are not crossed.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 2:57:48 PM
Most Siamese don’t have crossed eyes. My mother had one with straight eyes but a badly crooked tail. My father said it was a bent rudder.

Shelli, you have one of the breeds I think are the most beautiful.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 3:02:18 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Most Siamese don’t have crossed eyes. My mother had one with straight eyes but a badly crooked tail. My father said it was a bent rudder.

Shelli, you have one of the breeds I think are the most beautiful.

Thank you, He is special! I love all my cats but there is something outstanding about this guy, he is the most affectionate, least independent cat I have ever had. I thought it was because I bottle fed him but the other from the same litter that I bottle fed is not like him. Then when I read the characteristics of this breed I said, ah ha! right on point!
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:14:20 AM
Jerry wrote:
Back OT, dogs are awesome. I vote for dogs on the home page at least 3 times a week. I miss my little doggy. My cat has now grown on me. She only makes me mad when she draws blood from me, but I get over it pretty quickly.

Yes exercise can wear them out but my Mom had CatS Laughing and we had a claw trimming ceremony every couple weeks. Doesn't deface them in any way but a huge benefit for the humans.

Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:46:18 AM
Has the search box text on the front page changed for anybody?
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:51:23 AM
ThePinkRibbonShoppe wrote:

yes, "what do you want to make today?" which I think is weird and inaccurate for a marketplace full of products already made.

It was in A/B testing and mine has been this way for weeks already.
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:49:41 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
ThePinkRibbonShoppe wrote:

yes, "what do you want to make today?" which I think is weird and inaccurate for a marketplace full of products already made.

It was in A/B testing and mine has been this way for weeks already.

Mine too ... but it doesn't lead to the marketplace for me. It just refreshes the home page. lol

Thank You Roses
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:32:01 AM
For me, the search box is strange. If, for instance, I click Products in the dropdown, the result is a 404 error. A customer has to know not to do this and to click something in the scanty display of a few products or click to see all results, the latter being a bit much. I'm not sure what the actual goal is as per the box.