Fonts in different weights (font families)
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:53:28 PM
It would be nice if there were more font families, especially classic ones (Helvetica, Gill Sans, Futura, Garamond etc - or similar styles) so you could use the same font but in different styles/weights.

It would be really useful when you design more corporate styled designs.

For example when you design a business card you would like to have the name in Helvetica Semi-Bold and the contact details Helvetica Light. At the moment you only have two or three styles of Folio (and a couple of other fonts).

Also, I often miss bold italic fonts (would be nice in "action" designs).
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:38:01 PM
Excellent suggestion, thanks for posting! We will forward this onSmile
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:53:23 PM
I second this.

When new fonts were added the last time I mentioned this and it seemed nobody noticed. Roboto and Oswald are two great fonts if you are able to use their different weights. An option for a few of both serif and sans-serif fonts would be great.

Many fonts have more than just regular and bold available. Working with extra-light, light, regular, semi-bold, bold or extra-bold can make a design so much better.

Edit to add:

These fonts would be great to have with at least 3 - 5 different font weights:

Sans Serif Fonts

Roboto
Available Font weights: 100 - 900
My suggestion to add: 300, 400, 500, 700

Encode Sans
My suggestion to add: 300, 400, 500, 600, 700

Encode Sans Condensed

Oswald
Available Font weights: 200 - 700
My suggestion to add: 200, 300, 400, 500, 600

Serif Fonts

Josefin Slab
Available Font weights: 100 - 700
My suggestion to add: 300, 400, 600, 700

Comorant SC
Available Font weights: 300 - 700

I believe the serif fonts have quite a few good options already with Bernhard, Garamond, Goudy, Life, Matt Antique and Stymie. For me, it is more the lack of Sans-serif fonts with several font weights, as there are only Futura and Folio at this time. With my suggestions above we would have two more regular fonts and two condensed fonts.
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:43:47 PM
Huge support for this suggestion. If the commercial fonts aren't available, I know there are plenty of free-for-commercial-use fonts--I have a lot of them.

While I'm here, a few more "thin" fonts like Poiret One would be useful. The other two that we have don't read well because the letters are so close together.
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:52:30 PM
What about Google Fonts, would it be possible to include a few of them in different weights (I think Lato, Roboto and Oswald are from the Google Fonts)? They should be rather free to use, yes?
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:56:49 PM
This is one of several sites I visit for fonts, but what I like about this one is that they categorize the fonts according to style. I've seen quite a number of the Zazzle fonts here: https://www.1001fonts.com/free-fonts-for-commercial-use.html
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 3:05:31 PM
I would really like one chunky outline font with a matching solid, in addition to OP's suggestion and J32's prior suggestion (which I saw but pretty sure I didn't +1 - and should've).
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:59:54 PM
+1,000,000 LOL

I'd personally like more options for fonts that remain thin even at a large size - for table numbers and large posters.

Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 5:53:47 PM
+1 all of the above

Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:13:02 PM
+1 to all the above!

Also, I realize that Wedding invitations etc. are a big market share here on Zazzle, so I was not overly surprised that the last batch of fonts that were added included a lot of fancy script and handwriting fonts. But, I would really really like to see some 'historic'-style fonts--Medieval, Anglo-Saxon, Celtic, Floral Initial Drop Caps, and/or some such. The site that Colorwash mentions is awash (Happy pun intended!) with likely candidates. I realize I may be in the minority on this issue, but a little more variety wouldn't hurt.

P.S. Colorwash wrote:
Quote:
This is one of several sites I visit for fonts, but what I like about this one is that they categorize the fonts according to style. I've seen quite a number of the Zazzle fonts here: https://www.1001fonts.com/free-fonts-for-commercial-use.html

I Love that site! I use it all the time too.
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 10:53:49 AM
Big +1 from me for all the above too.

Colorwash wrote:

While I'm here, a few more "thin" fonts like Poiret One would be useful. The other two that we have don't read well because the letters are so close together.

Just an FYI regarding letters being close together Colorwash...did you realize you can change the letter spacing on those?
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 11:01:26 AM
Array Stores wrote:
Big +1 from me for all the above too.

Colorwash wrote:

Just an FYI regarding letters being close together Colorwash...did you realize you can change the letter spacing on those?

We need at least one more besides Poiret One with full letters. Bernhard Fashion is barely readable, and both Empire and Huxley letters are too narrow. Added kerning doesn't seem to help.
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 12:13:23 PM
+1 to adding more fonts (never a bad thing, I concluded long ago that your font folder is like your closet - you have a lot of things there but when it comes to a specific occasion you suddenly have nothing to wear). The more fonts the better, especially family fonts.
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 2:23:25 PM
WittyBetty wrote:
+1 to adding more fonts (never a bad thing, I concluded long ago that your font folder is like your closet - you have a lot of things there but when it comes to a specific occasion you suddenly have nothing to wear). The more fonts the better, especially family fonts.

Absolutely! Quite a few years ago, I invested in Suitcase font organizer because I was drowning in fonts. Ever since, they've been neatly placed into multiple categories. And I still add fonts when I imagine just the right one and go out looking for it. There are some really talented font creators out there.