easy off button for placeholder pics
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2019 8:17:15 PM
It would be nice to have a super easy way for customers to delete a logo/picture placeholder on products that don't necessarily *need* that item.. like a button that can toggle it on and off.

Right now I'm resorting to often offering 2 versions of items - one with a logo option, one plain, because even though it's not hard to edit items left as customizable and take it off, just getting into the back end is scary and confusing for a lot of customers...
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2019 11:06:53 PM
+1. Brought this up long time ago. There was a clear button once, stumbled over it on a help or tutorial page.

I personally would suggest a hide/unhide option for images within the personalize form. That way designers could offer different options and the shoppers could unhide the one they want and hide the others. E.g. optional frames or decorative monograms.

p.s. I hear you on that logo dilemma. I'm opting to implement an optional blank logo placeholder image, which can be replaced with an own logo. There are drawbacks tho. A hide/unhide button would be a hit.
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 10:04:15 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
+1. Brought this up long time ago. There was a clear button once, stumbled over it on a help or tutorial page.

I personally would suggest a hide/unhide option for images within the personalize form. That way designers could offer different options and the shoppers could unhide the one they want and hide the others. E.g. optional frames or decorative monograms.

p.s. I hear you on that logo dilemma. I'm opting to implement an optional blank logo placeholder image, which can be replaced with an own logo. There are drawbacks tho. A hide/unhide button would be a hit.

If I remember correctly, on the old product page if you cleared an element from the product there was no way to get it back without reloading the page. Apparently that confused customers who accidentally cleared a design element or wanted to replace it instead.

I'm surprised they didn't fix it instead of removing it. A toggle would have been a great fix and would still be a fantastic addition.

I used to have products that depended on the 'clear' option. After they removed it I had to hide those products. But to be honest, that was in my early days when I was experimenting with the "new" design tools of the day and some of them were way over complicated. For example, on one of my product lines you could change hair and skin color of the illustrated people in the design by removing certain design elements. I would never do that today even with a toggle.

Actually I went to look at some of those products and found that a few of them were unhidden. I know I hid all of those. But now they have the 'Design Theme' option that works way better. It is more like a match game now though. lol

Here is one that is unhidden that I am talking about. If you go into customize you can see what I am talking about. And you can click around on the design theme to get an idea of what I was trying to achieve before I hide them again.

If we had complete control over the design theme elements we could do all sorts of cool things like this.

Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 11:07:36 AM
Jerry, that would work really well now if the colors could be clicked off and on. However, "colorways" works pretty well too.
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 1:39:31 PM
Jerry wrote:
PetsDreamlands wrote:

If I remember correctly, on the old product page if you cleared an element from the product there was no way to get it back without reloading the page. Apparently that confused customers who accidentally cleared a design element or wanted to replace it instead.

I'm surprised they didn't fix it instead of removing it. A toggle would have been a great fix and would still be a fantastic addition.

I used to have products that depended on the 'clear' option. After they removed it I had to hide those products. But to be honest, that was in my early days when I was experimenting with the "new" design tools of the day and some of them were way over complicated. For example, on one of my product lines you could change hair and skin color of the illustrated people in the design by removing certain design elements. I would never do that today even with a toggle.

Actually I went to look at some of those products and found that a few of them were unhidden. I know I hid all of those. But now they have the 'Design Theme' option that works way better. It is more like a match game now though. lol

Here is one that is unhidden that I am talking about. If you go into customize you can see what I am talking about. And you can click around on the design theme to get an idea of what I was trying to achieve before I hide them again.

If we had complete control over the design theme elements we could do all sorts of cool things like this.

Ha, I had fun just rotating through the colorways... the one that got me was the last one where the groom's hand seems to disappear... It blends into the background so well it is nearly invisible.

Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:43:50 AM
Hey all, thank you for the suggestion. I will pass this on now Smile