Down to the wire 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:57:51 PM
Kristin wrote:
I've been struggling to understand exactly what Z is doing with these changes, especially just going into the holiday season. Reading all the comments on the forum is just very depressing and seeing people closing stores, etc.
I'm somewhat new and starting to make sales after spending hours and days and weeks learning the platform and all the backdoor stuff involved in becoming successful, and working hard on designs. It's unbelievable.
But I felt that maybe I had a chance to make some extra online income to supplement if I kept at it.
I'm watching now to see how things go Nov22-23 and whether this platform even remains an option.

In the meantime, are there other POD sites anyone could suggest? If RedBubble or Society 6 have anything particular to recommend them?

Hope everyone manages to have a decent season.

IMO Redbubble is great and I've already gotten a few sales. Society6 looks fantastic and they have a good amount of products. They do not offer a watermark to protect your images so you will have to decide if it's worth while for you. I really like their platform except for no watermarks.
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:04:36 PM
my only advice is... read the terms before you sign on and then read them again every so often to make sure that they haven't changed.

Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:05:46 PM
­čî╝Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
my only advice is... read the terms before you sign on and then read them again every so often to make sure that they haven't changed.

Yes exactly!
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:08:28 PM
I have only posted a couple of times on this fiasco but have been reading through the threads just about daily. I've been redoing my newest few items and just making them not customizable. But, there's no text so it's basically like what I have on Redbubble and Society 6. I don't know if it's worth the trouble to have items here for sale that can't be personalized, which I know is the appeal of Zazzle.

I made "My Zazzle Shop" Pinterest board private. Some of the POD tribes I'm in on Tailwind does show that the items I've hidden here have an "unauthorized link" or something to that effect.

I feel for you long-time Zazzlers who have sold hundreds of things and/or have hundreds/thousands of designs here. Sad

Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:18:54 PM
LavenderMintGraphics wrote:
I have only posted a couple of times on this fiasco but have been reading through the threads just about daily. I've been redoing my newest few items and just making them not customizable. But, there's no text so it's basically like what I have on Redbubble and Society 6. I don't know if it's worth the trouble to have items here for sale that can't be personalized, which I know is the appeal of Zazzle.

You can have text that customers can personalize without allowing for customization. All of mine with text templates do not allow customization. The customer can change text on the product page if you check that box on the design tool. The only reason to go into the design tool is to resize, change font, color, etc. If you can make templates without needing the customer to change anything other than what the text says, then you don't need to allow customization.
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:40:03 PM
Gina ┬ęgleem wrote:

You can have text that customers can personalize without allowing for customization. All of mine with text templates do not allow customization. The customer can change text on the product page if you check that box on the design tool. The only reason to go into the design tool is to resize, change font, color, etc. If you can make templates without needing the customer to change anything other than what the text says, then you don't need to allow customization.

Thanks for responding, Gina. I know that's certainly an option and I may decide to do just that. I've hidden all my products except the handful that I've redone and those are just patterns, no personalization, no customization. I don't have a ton of items with text on them, but enough so it makes my head hurt thinking about redoing them lol. I'm half-heartedly hoping they'll give us customization opt-out as that would certainly save us a butt load in time and trouble.

I saw where several long-time peeps have left ... sure seems like Zazzle is cutting off their nose to spite their face as well as shooting themselves in the foot.
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:58:32 PM

I saw where several long-time peeps have left ... sure seems like Zazzle is cutting off their nose to spite their face as well as shooting themselves in the foot.

Yeah, some have left. I have been here since 2007, so I opted to stay, but I renovated my store. It took me some time and I just finished today...Finally! I am actually pleased with the outcome. I had been wanting to purge for a long time now, but kept putting it off. This current situation was just the push I needed! We all have to do what is right for us, and what I did was right for me. For those that left, I am sure they feel that was right for them. I wish them all well!
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:11:47 PM
Before I took any action that I might regret, I have been hoping to get more clarification from Zazzle and a response to the concerns we
all seem to have about this collaboration being forced (?) on us. Well, it really isn't forced, I guess, because we have a choice to stay or leave. I have been torn about it. I have been here for 10 years and I feel like I know many of you. I certainly have been grateful for all the help that others here in the forum have given me through the years. You all have made me better.
But I am in the process today of hiding all my designs with the expectation that I most likely
will take the next step and delete them. Trouble is, there is not much time. So to do as much as I can to remove myself from Zazzle, does it require more than just deleting all my designs/products (as well as all My Images stored on Zazzle) from my stores or does one then delete the store itself? I assume that is the case . I tried deleting a store when I first started with Zazzle because I changed my mind about the store name I chose. At the time it seemed that one could not just delete a store even if it had very few to no designs in it. I tried but I was never able to get that store deleted. Ten years later that store still appears (empty) with my two active ones so there must be something I did not do . I am not sure what hiding does to one's ranking or how it might set one back should I later want to unhide them or how to permanently delete everything--and is there some kind of formal notice that needs to be given to zazzle other than deletion itself? Anyway, I still hope I will see some good news appear from Zazzle's end that will stop me but it would now be at the eleventh hour and I am already afraid I won't get all done that needs to get done should the info not change for the better. IF I end up "gone",just know it has been fun (most of the time) and that I have appreciated my fellow zazzlers. If I stay, same thing!
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:48:11 PM
Kristin wrote:
I've been struggling to understand exactly what Z is doing with these changes, especially just going into the holiday season. Reading all the comments on the forum is just very depressing and seeing people closing stores, etc.
I'm somewhat new and starting to make sales after spending hours and days and weeks learning the platform and all the backdoor stuff involved in becoming successful, and working hard on designs. It's unbelievable.
But I felt that maybe I had a chance to make some extra online income to supplement if I kept at it.
I'm watching now to see how things go Nov22-23 and whether this platform even remains an option.

In the meantime, are there other POD sites anyone could suggest? If RedBubble or Society 6 have anything particular to recommend them?

S6 has a new beta uploader they are launching, so far it works good and will be easier for new comers to use than the other system.

Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:06:33 PM
I just saw something. When I go to my German page, my account no longer has the information "Changes to our User Agreement and Policies". I can not swear, but I'm pretty sure that was the case.
What does that mean now?
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:34:37 PM
GabiwArt wrote:
I just saw something. When I go to my German page, my account no longer has the information "Changes to our User Agreement and Policies". I can not swear, but I'm pretty sure that was the case.
What does that mean now?

It's gone from the US site, too. Still may mean nothing or we may be stuck with the Oct19 User Agreement with the initiator being able to claim extensive rights for free in perpetuity successfully. Though the Nov19 edition isn't as bi-uniquely in the new version as I thought either. So as long as there is a collaboration feature made available on existing products and zazzle keeps 26.2(ii) in the terms I'm going to be very careful what I allow to be customized.

I'll be extra careful. Sadly it means most of my stuff like Duckferatu, the vampire duck, is not coming back and the SVG feature I like so much because of its color options will no longer be a benefit to customers because it requires customization and while I keep designs with copyright attached, that I care less about on the site, I still don't wan't to hand out CC0-type licenses like candy in a parade with those either.

Sad

Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:38:39 PM
vivendulies wrote:
GabiwArt wrote:
What does that mean now?

It's gone from the US site, too. Still may mean nothing or we may be stuck with the Oct19 User Agreement with the initiator being able to claim extensive rights for free in perpetuity successfully. Though the Nov19 edition isn't as bi-uniquely in the new version as I thought either. So as long as there is a collaboration feature made available on existing products and zazzle keeps 26.2(ii) in the terms I'm going to be very careful what I allow to be customized.

I'll be extra careful. Sadly it means most of my stuff like Duckferatu, the vampire duck, is not coming back and the SVG feature I like so much because of its color options will no longer be a benefit to customers because it requires customization and while I keep designs with copyright attached, that I care less about on the site, I still don't wan't to hand out CC0-type licenses like candy in a parade with those either.

Sad

For me it is still on the US side.
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:47:16 PM
vivendulies wrote:
GabiwArt wrote:
What does that mean now?

Sad

if I log out and then go to log back in I see it sometimes but not everytime... I don't know if that means anything.
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:29:07 PM
FullyWildCards wrote:
Kristin wrote:

S6 has a new beta uploader they are launching, so far it works good and will be easier for new comers to use than the other system.

The past year or two, I haven't been able to upload anything to S6. It would just buffer. Looks like a lot of others have the same issue. Hopefully this new uploader will work for me! (I didn't even know about it so thank you!)
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 5:12:44 AM
Thank you Dream Essence, Shelli (very good idea to keep checking the terms to see if they've been changed), Terri, and FullyWildCards. Love

If we can't get an option on the 'Customize' button Nov22, I'm going to start more thorough research on RB and S6.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 7:21:17 AM
Thank you for your feedback here. I am happy to take note of all of this and pass it along to our team Smile