Designer Attribution in the Design Tool - official feedback 4 pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 12:25:59 PM
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
regarding the profile pic recommendations,

I have a head shot already and while it is not a big smile I won't be changing it and here is why...

I already use the same avatar at all my online venues that have a profile image. This is an effort I have already made in the direction of my "branding" and so people know it is me wherever they see me.

I am not interested in changing it at every single place that I am using it. Plus I like it.


I think maybe it’s more of a “metaphorical” smile they are suggesting. I think your profile picture is fun and represents your designs, and still shows that there is a real person behind your brand, which I believe is the spirit of the statement about a big smile.


big smile to you Malissa! Grin Love
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 1:00:53 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
regarding the profile pic recommendations,

I have a head shot already and while it is not a big smile I won't be changing it and here is why...

I already use the same avatar at all my online venues that have a profile image. This is an effort I have already made in the direction of my "branding" and so people know it is me wherever they see me.

I am not interested in changing it at every single place that I am using it. Plus I like it.

If you run your Zazzle account and stores as a business no matter what size, a selfie is the last thing you want to have as a profile picture. Simply not professional. The story changes if you're here as an artist, then it would be your first choice.

I agree with you, consistency across all platforms is key when it comes to branding.
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 1:25:33 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
regarding the profile pic recommendations,

I have a head shot already and while it is not a big smile I won't be changing it and here is why...

I already use the same avatar at all my online venues that have a profile image. This is an effort I have already made in the direction of my "branding" and so people know it is me wherever they see me.

I am not interested in changing it at every single place that I am using it. Plus I like it.

If you run your Zazzle account and stores as a business no matter what size, a selfie is the last thing you want to have as a profile picture. Simply not professional. The story changes if you're here as an artist, then it would be your first choice.

I agree with you, consistency across all platforms is key when it comes to branding.


Right and in my stores I have logos, but my designer profile is my selfie.


I would like to be able to treat Zazzle as a real business but all the constant changes and experiments and lack of communication between Z and designers makes that nearly impossible.
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 2:54:34 PM
I think this is a good change! Right now I have nothing else to add. Just that I like it.
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 3:01:22 PM
As others have already said, I am not changing my profile picture to one of my face, nor am I using my real name. My business is a separate entity.

Also, why does the attribution go to the top-level as the designer, rather than the store name? I have a number of stores covering a wide range of topics, and if someone at the "underwater macrame" store wants to send me a message then it should be presented as going to the underwater macrame store. It should not go to my name. The customer has no idea who I am, and would be more likely to be confused and leave if they saw anything other than "Underwater Macrame".

You ask us to "review and update the store description so that it reads well in this new layout". OK, fine. What's the character limit? Does the text in the box wrap the same way in the app as well as on mobile? We need parameters.

Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 3:14:24 PM
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, what about the stores that designers don't want associated with their accounts? We were given the option and now that's been taken away with this feature.
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 4:20:46 PM
I treat stores like brands and at the moment I have to

vivendulies with the one shown with this post and in the currently very slow process of juiced shrirts



Since in PDP it says "by JuicedShirt", it gets pretty irritating that in the design tool it changes to Designer Vivendulies as in the Profile which is just another Pseudo/Brand ... and I might introduce another brand at a later point like "Sailorly" or "Silkester Gifts".

While they reside all under the profile Vivendulies on the product detail page which is the main entry point and where it leads back to stores, they appear as brands and many customers may never check out the other stores and make the connection between profile and store.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯




EDIT:

Oooops ... Since I looked into the new feature in my vivendlulies store and the logos are identical I didn't see the change.

So the confusion with mixed messages happens within the window in the design tool, where the distinction between Designer and Store is all jumbled up and this is something which will be hard to get under one umbrella, since stores can be treated as brands or as departments and both happens frequently even under one profile.
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 4:54:24 PM
NO!

The link is to the member profile not the store! So my shops that need to be separate are now linked. This is a disaster. I can not mix company identities. That's way we complained about the collections being this way, but we could avoid that bu not making collections.

This needs to be fixed or be have to be able to extracted out shops to a new account.

This is very stressful.
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 4:59:40 PM
ZBug wrote:
NO!

The link is to the member profile not the store! So my shops that need to be separate are now linked. This is a disaster. I can not mix company identities. That's way we complained about the collections being this way, but we could avoid that bu not making collections.

This needs to be fixed or be have to be able to extracted out shops to a new account.

This is very stressful.


No! It doesn't link back to the profile. It links back to the store. But it still connects via logo. If you neutralize your profile image the connection becomes less obvious.

See customize in this juicedShirt link https://www.zazzle.com/stop_juiced_t_shirt-235897540618390567
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 5:04:02 PM
The logo and wording are for the member account. That's bad enough. It mixed two identities. I don't want to neutral out companies.

But for now I will delete the image, profile and everything on the member page as precaution.

And when I clicked your logo, I went to your member account page.
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 5:10:26 PM
ZBug wrote:
The logo and wording are for the member account. That's bad enough. It mixed two identities. I don't want to neutral out companies.

But for now I will delete the image, profile and everything on the member page as precaution.


This is why I got it wrong. I didn't actually follow the link, since it presented the profile text. Only when I checked a product from my second store I noticed the difference.

I'm experienced and know what's what and they were able to confuse me. I pity the customer to sort this out. But then luckily it is in a place easily overlooked and not too many customer will actually bother.


... I hope, ... sort of.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯


I wish it wood be shop logo only and shop intro text not profile text. **sigh**
·△·
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 5:13:48 PM
I think getting rid of the logo helps, it's not enticing. LOL

I guess our constant complaining about them connecting the collections to the member account went unheard. Sad.
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2019 7:28:26 PM
Re: Collections - will they continue to show on the product page in a row below the product image, once this new thingy is implemented?
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2019 5:00:37 AM
I like this feature, but agree with others that it should link to the store, not our profile page. Many people don't want to connect their profile to their stores.
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2019 7:01:06 AM
·▽·

I adjusted my profile image accordingly, but since I'm not in the mood for my photo, I uploaded a cartoonized version of myself, so I have a face in the circle and logos for the store.




This should make the new icon-link to our stores less confusing.
Grin
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2019 12:32:27 PM
Without a heads up beforehand, it appears that Zazzle has outed every Designer who didn't want certain designs associated with their Profiles, and then left for the weekend. That includes every wedding designer with a controversial political Store, every closet weed smoker with a weed Store, everyone with an adult store, everyone who manages a store on behalf of a client, and high-level Designers with Stores they don't associate publicly for fear of copycats. Not the first time this has happened, so we are to not trust that "private" means private here?

Currently, "Enable users to contact you through Zazzle" is set by Store, so I can use different email addresses for different stores and anyone is able to contact me regarding a political, weed, adult, or other potentially controversial Design, and I may assist them with a custom Design without revealing my identity. This is not possible with our Profiles associated publicly to all Stores/Products.

If we are stuck with Profile information on all Products we Publish, then I agree with others that the sidebar needs to focus on the STORE and not the Designer. As a Designer, I feel sales would be better served by pulling the "About" section from the STORE and not my PROFILE.

It would be nice to have an opt-out within each Collection for it to be set to not appear on Product pages or inside the Design Tool. As a Designer who uses Collections to promote a variety of Designs and Products, it's not my intention to distract from the Product on screen.

I also won't be adding a photo or my full name. See privacy comment above.

Otherwise, the sidebar is a nice feature.
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2019 2:02:57 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
Without a heads up beforehand, it appears that Zazzle has outed every Designer who didn't want certain designs associated with their Profiles, and then left for the weekend. That includes every wedding designer with a controversial political Store, every closet weed smoker with a weed Store, everyone with an adult store, everyone who manages a store on behalf of a client, and high-level Designers with Stores they don't associate publicly for fear of copycats. Not the first time this has happened, so we are to not trust that "private" means private here?

Currently, "Enable users to contact you through Zazzle" is set by Store, so I can use different email addresses for different stores and anyone is able to contact me regarding a political, weed, adult, or other potentially controversial Design, and I may assist them with a custom Design without revealing my identity. This is not possible with our Profiles associated publicly to all Stores/Products.

If we are stuck with Profile information on all Products we Publish, then I agree with others that the sidebar needs to focus on the STORE and not the Designer. As a Designer, I feel sales would be better served by pulling the "About" section from the STORE and not my PROFILE.

It would be nice to have an opt-out within each Collection for it to be set to not appear on Product pages or inside the Design Tool. As a Designer who uses Collections to promote a variety of Designs and Products, it's not my intention to distract from the Product on screen.

I also won't be adding a photo or my full name. See privacy comment above.

Otherwise, the sidebar is a nice feature.


NO!!!! I have private stores not connected to my member name. I don't have the app so I haven't been able to check but don't like that at all. Will I now have to leave Zazzle because people can link these privates stores to my main store? Yikes!
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2019 2:22:41 PM
RoyK_is_a_She wrote:
Without a heads up beforehand, it appears that Zazzle has outed every Designer who didn't want certain designs associated with their Profiles, and then left for the weekend. That includes every wedding designer with a controversial political Store, every closet weed smoker with a weed Store, everyone with an adult store, everyone who manages a store on behalf of a client, and high-level Designers with Stores they don't associate publicly for fear of copycats. Not the first time this has happened, so we are to not trust that "private" means private here?

Currently, "Enable users to contact you through Zazzle" is set by Store, so I can use different email addresses for different stores and anyone is able to contact me regarding a political, weed, adult, or other potentially controversial Design, and I may assist them with a custom Design without revealing my identity. This is not possible with our Profiles associated publicly to all Stores/Products.

If we are stuck with Profile information on all Products we Publish, then I agree with others that the sidebar needs to focus on the STORE and not the Designer. As a Designer, I feel sales would be better served by pulling the "About" section from the STORE and not my PROFILE.

It would be nice to have an opt-out within each Collection for it to be set to not appear on Product pages or inside the Design Tool. As a Designer who uses Collections to promote a variety of Designs and Products, it's not my intention to distract from the Product on screen.

I also won't be adding a photo or my full name. See privacy comment above.

Otherwise, the sidebar is a nice feature.


Who thinks of these "improvements" ?

I think designer input is absolutely necessary AHEAD OF TIME so that the company people can have a clue what is really important to designers, because these latest changes just painfully prove that they don't.







Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2019 3:43:04 AM
I agree with all the critics.
It looks like further hiding the designer.
Then probably the designer's name will disappear from the product page and will be only visible after clicking the Customize button. Since most of the products is already hidden from the outside world. That's an interesting strategy for a shopping site.

Chaotic and unnecessary. There are tons of other serious problems on the site, and here it goes, a feature that nobody needs.

On the product page there is already a barely visible
"Designed for you"
by ....
No icon.

Then at the bottom "Artwork designed by" with the icon.

Then after Customize a weird user icon as a Designer.

Chaos.

And yet still collections do not work, searching is poor, SEO is bad
yada yada yada

There is no point for feedback anymore. The answer will be "well, it's designed that way".;)

The only way to fix that feature is to include FORUM in the CUSTOMIZER Laughing
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2019 5:06:50 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Who thinks of these "improvements" ?

I think designer input is absolutely necessary AHEAD OF TIME so that the company people can have a clue what is really important to designers, because these latest changes just painfully prove that they don't.


Truly sad but I think it has been a very long time since Zazzle really cared what any designer thinks Crying

Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2019 2:21:37 PM
angelandspot wrote:
I have private stores not connected to my member name. I don't have the app so I haven't been able to check but don't like that at all. Will I now have to leave Zazzle because people can link these privates stores to my main store? Yikes!


I don't have the app either but you can see this on the web. I emailed Zazzle about this as well. It has cause me a lot stress. I change my member account and cleared out everything for now. The name still shows but it's so generic, I think it will be ignored.

If this is the route Zazzle wants to go -- having all stores forced into the member account. That's OK BUT then have a way for us to break off these private stores into different accounts.

Back when we were first offered to merge our separate stores into one, it was with the understanding they would be independent from each other. Since that is changing, other adjustments need to come too like breaking accounts apart.

And merging shops. The zrank has killed my niche shops and they would do better merged into one shop.
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2019 9:16:30 AM
Well, I have hidden a store and all the products in the store. It was a store I had set to not be shown on my designer page but when you looked at a product in that store it linked it to my main store through the designer and that is totally unacceptable. I guess if you want a political store or any other store not linked to your designer name you now have to have separate accounts due to this new change. I had separate accounts at one time but then we were required to link them all together into one account a few years back. I followed the rules and linked all my stores into one account and then you go and do this to us. I am not happy.
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 9:27:20 AM
For those affected by shops being linked, write to Zazzle and tell them directly what your situation is. I did this and the response was that they are looking into it, gathering information, and assessing it.

So, give them more information. Email them so that you can be specific and keep it private.
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 10:34:20 AM
ZBug wrote:
For those affected by shops being linked, write to Zazzle and tell them directly what your situation is. I did this and the response was that they are looking into it, gathering information, and assessing it.

So, give them more information. Email them so that you can be specific and keep it private.


My worry is for designers who don't look at the forums, could zazzle maybe email all designers to let them know that they no longer have privacy on hidden stores?
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 11:12:45 AM
NikolaTigerDesigns wrote:
ZBug wrote:
For those affected by shops being linked, write to Zazzle and tell them directly what your situation is. I did this and the response was that they are looking into it, gathering information, and assessing it.

So, give them more information. Email them so that you can be specific and keep it private.


My worry is for designers who don't look at the forums, could zazzle maybe email all designers to let them know that they no longer have privacy on hidden stores?


could zazzle maybe email all designers to let them know that they no longer have privacy on hidden stores but that they are working hard on a solution to give everyone their privacy back ;-)
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 1:15:43 PM
I am floored by how thoughtless that was. The privacy thing I mean...
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 4:09:44 PM
Yeah, both this and the chat feature should go out in an email as they are big changes, not little ones.

--

On a different note, the "other products by this shop" would be awesome to see on the product page. It just seems like once they are in the design tool, they are probably set on the products/design they are customizing.
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 9:21:55 PM
Love this especially that it shows all the products within the group, wondering if it would be more beneficial right on the original product (so customer can see immediately what products are available in that print) they may love the colours and the pattern on product but not the one shown. Customer has to go into edit before even being able to see the other products with same print. (It would help eliminating more clicks for customer)
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 9:51:12 PM
SueChisholm wrote:
Love this especially that it shows all the products within the group, wondering if it would be more beneficial right on the original product (so customer can see immediately what products are available in that print) they may love the colours and the pattern on product but not the one shown. Customer has to go into edit before even being able to see the other products with same print. (It would help eliminating more clicks for customer)


Is the “found in collection” feed not showing on the product page anymore? I thought mine still were.
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:17:15 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
SueChisholm wrote:
Love this especially that it shows all the products within the group, wondering if it would be more beneficial right on the original product (so customer can see immediately what products are available in that print) they may love the colours and the pattern on product but not the one shown. Customer has to go into edit before even being able to see the other products with same print. (It would help eliminating more clicks for customer)


Is the “found in collection” feed not showing on the product page anymore? I thought mine still were.


Still there - just have to wait for it to load.
I also, think that having this in the DESIGN area is too late. Perhaps move the ATTRIBUTION from DESIGN to PRODUCT page would be more appropriate (although most of it is already there).
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded