Design tool Feedback 24 pages: First ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 6:12:11 AM
When a designer has watermarks enabled, a message appears alerting the customer of that and letting customer know it won't appear on final product. That is good. It was needed. But... could it be moved into an area where a customer is more likely to see it instead of it being at the very bottom of the page? Perhaps right above the design area would be better?
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 2:49:32 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
When a designer has watermarks enabled, a message appears alerting the customer of that and letting customer know it won't appear on final product. That is good. It was needed. But... could it be moved into an area where a customer is more likely to see it instead of it being at the very bottom of the page? Perhaps right above the design area would be better?

Thanks for the suggestion, Gina! Will pass on!
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 3:02:30 PM
Christine wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:
When a designer has watermarks enabled, a message appears alerting the customer of that and letting customer know it won't appear on final product. That is good. It was needed. But... could it be moved into an area where a customer is more likely to see it instead of it being at the very bottom of the page? Perhaps right above the design area would be better?

Thanks for the suggestion, Gina! Will pass on!


Thank you!
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:08:14 AM
Scott wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:
First off... I'm very happy that the shift key can be used again to select multiple layers. However, what is still missing is dragging the selected layers up or down, or using the 'forward' or 'backward' function combined with selecting multiple layers. The 'forward' and 'backward' functions gray out when choosing multiple layers. And one of the main purposes of choosing multiple layers is being able to move them up or down in the layer order.

Can this be put on the list of revamping previous extremely useful (old design tool) features, please?
We should have this added to the site in early 2019.


Thank you so much for this! Very important to those of use that have designs with a large number of layers.

Love
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:32:09 AM
Thank you design team for making improvements for designers and customers to help us with our design process.

My suggestions for a better work flow on a computer are the following:

The template box is way down on the bottom of the screen. It is often covered by the preview button and also involves scrolling to get to "make this a template object". The majority of my products require a template to be added. It would be great if when you add text the "make this a template object" pops up right away next to the text field box. Or locate the "make this a template object" in a better location. Currently you are moving your cursor from upper left all the way down to scrolling on the bottom of the right hand side of the screen to try and find the "make this a template object" function. It's a lot of extra steps that adds extra time to the design process.

Options button - It would be nice if it tiled next to the option button rather then again clicking on the left of the screen and then having to move your cursor all the way across the screen to the right hand side.

Thank you for considering my suggestions.
Make it a great day!
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:12:12 AM
Artinspired - Creative Designs wrote:
It would be great if when you add text the "make this a template object" pops up right away next to the text field box.

This would drive me nuts because I don't turn text into templates until I'm finished adding all text, editing, shifting position, adding this, deleting that. However, I agree with you about moving make-template to a more logical location.
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:54:16 AM
Artinspired - Creative Designs wrote:
The majority of my products require a template to be added. It would be great if when you add text the "make this a template object" pops up right away next to the text field box.


Would only annoy me, since I edit and move text till the very last and the last thing is turning text into templates, only after I have all text down and have a logical order to the text blocks. So having a pop up before I'm done is only interrupting my flow.


Artinspired - Creative Designs wrote:

Or locate the "make this a template object" in a better location. Currently you are moving your cursor from upper left all the way down to scrolling on the bottom of the right hand side of the screen to try and find the "make this a template object" function. It's a lot of extra steps that adds extra time to the design process.


Saving it to last, cuts down in scrolling action, since the template section on the right stays in place, while you click one layer after the other on the left.
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:06:28 PM
Had a family emergency and haven't been able to really work on my stores as much so I'm pretty new to this tool. My first comments are make it easier to find how to change the color. Make it clear which way to click the slider thing to make the design element permanent (i.e. is it when it turns blue?) and please give us the ability to make our designs a pattern again.
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:20:51 PM
Anotherfort wrote:
please give us the ability to make our designs a pattern again.


Tiling>Centered is the new way of doing the old way of tiling

Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:41:36 AM
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 4:04:32 AM
James wrote:

Oh, the places we can go with a triangle! Roses
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 5:01:00 AM
James wrote:


Oh hot diggity!! Grin Thanks Z!!
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:48:14 AM
Quote:
James wrote:
New Shape Alert! Happy Roses


I am acutely happy about this! 📐

Happy
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 7:43:17 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I am acutely happy about this! 📐

Happy


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:08:16 AM
Reposting about an issue I had before regarding the line spacing (at least that's what's giving me trouble at the moment). It's wonky.

While working on a design, I'm getting inconsistent results typing in values in the line spacing box.
I transferred an old design to a different product.
Trying to adjust line spacing. Original value brought in from old design was 0.88
I've clicked the arrows up and down, that seems to work fine.
But I'm retentive about my line spacing, so I want something that falls between what the arrows give.
Tried typing in 0.9 / .9 / 0.90 and every time it pops to 1.
The funny thing is I can use the up/down arrows on my keyboard and it will adjust in .1 increments just fine.
But if I type in the box, it pops to something else, or just sits there and doesn't do anything.
It's not an issue with my keyboard because everything is working fine while typing the same numbers here in the forum.
- I can use my keyboard arrows and it moves up or down. Though it starts with a .09 increment, then after does an increment of .1. Example starts at 1, click down - goes to .91. Click down - goes to .81
- If I click the arrows within the input box, it will not go below 1.
- If I type a value under 1 in the input box, sometimes it won't do anything. Sometimes it defaults to 1.
- These results are inconsistent minute to minute. Three times while writing up this post within the span of a few minutes, the results were different. Once it worked fine. Other times I got varying results.
- I do not believe I'm going crazy just yet Smile and think it's the design tool. LOL
- Will not let me simply type .9 - I have to input 0.9 to get anything to happen at all, it's kind of frustrating
- Tested some other numbers below .9 and they seem to work just fine. Maybe it's something with the ".9" itself?
- Using Chrome on a Mac.

ETA- went back to the design which was open in another tab the whole time I wrote this, and now it WON'T change the numbers when using the down arrow to drop below a value of 1. Something goofy definitely going on despite my attempts to get some consistent reporting back to you guys... Thanks!
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:41:31 AM
Do you find this is happening with a specific item/s or everything? I think some products have a min font size that might restrict this slightly so that it can be seen. But can you provide exact example so we can try to replicate please? Happy
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:02:24 AM
James wrote:
Do you find this is happening with a specific item/s or everything? I think some products have a min font size that might restrict this slightly so that it can be seen. But can you provide exact example so we can try to replicate please? Happy


This was the product I was working on and after posting for sale, looks to have a similar issue with the line spacing. Looks like the font size is plenty big, as it's letting me change it 10pts smaller?



Thanks!
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:07:59 AM
Thanks for posting the example. We will note the feedback. The team are aware of the line spacing incremental inconsistencies already. Roses
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:06:17 AM
I know it's been mentioned before, but it's driving me nuts. I'm currently placing 5 related images on a postcard, and for each of those images, I have to scroll down to the album, click on it, then scroll down to grab the next image. Five times. Occasionally, I have far more than that. I'm really hoping this will be in the first round of fixes.
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 11:20:50 AM
This post isn't meant to single anyone out. It's just a few thoughts from me.

We are currently considering where/how to relocate the background color selector.

More generally speaking, don't expect many changes to be made between now and January. Our focus for the rest of this holiday season will be to ensure that our current tools are stable so that customers can search, design, and purchase products without issue. This means that we may choose to hold off on fixing some small bugs until after the holidays if we feel the fix is risky in any way. Once the holidays wrap up we'll resume development, updates, and bug fixes as usual. But in the mean time we appreciate your patience while we focus on ensuring the best customer experience possible.

The moderator team may not always be able to post on this feedback thread, but we will certainly read everything when time allows, so you're all more than welcome to continue leaving us feedback because we are definitely listening. Like last time, we are collecting everyone's feedback and adding it to one master list for stakeholders to review. Given that, it's not entirely necessary to dwell on a single issue, or repeat yourself unless you really feel strongly about a certain topic.

As for the new design tool, it's performing better than the old version.
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 12:06:09 PM
Scott wrote:

We are currently considering where/how to relocate the background color selector.

Design placement for shirts is the only product that it makes sense to have it called "design placement" that I have seen. Design placement for everything else like business cards, invites etc. is actually product orientation. Product orientation is geared more for designers and not so much the customer. If the customer chooses this option in the design tool they are most likely just going to mess the product up and need to start over.

Why not leave design placement as orientation on the product page for that purpose, as it is with greeting cards, and remove it from the design tool? Then add a design placement option to t-shirts, and whatever other products it applies to, on the product page. Then change the word "options" in the design tool to "background".

The designers would need a 'this orientation only' option on all of those products. Invitations, for example, already needs this option. If I change the orientation on an invite in the design tool and then try to change it back, the design gets all blown out.
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 12:37:08 PM
Scott wrote:


More generally speaking, don't expect many changes to be made between now and January. Our focus for the rest of this holiday season will be to ensure that our current tools are stable so that customers can search, design, and purchase products without issue. This means that we may choose to hold off on fixing some small bugs until after the holidays if we feel the fix is risky in any way. Once the holidays wrap up we'll resume development, updates, and bug fixes as usual. But in the mean time we appreciate your patience while we focus on ensuring the best customer experience possible.


Thank you for that! I can absolutely be patient until after the holidays and actually prefer no major changes be done during this busy shopping season. I know several of us said as much and thank you for listening!

Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:44:34 PM
Scott wrote:
This post isn't meant to single anyone out. It's just a few thoughts from me.

We are currently considering where/how to relocate the background color selector.


I still think creating the button visually like a layer at the bottom of layers and call it background in the layer section fixed at the bottom of the layer is the most natural and in sink with many graphic programs.


Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:55:45 PM
vivendulies wrote:
Scott wrote:
This post isn't meant to single anyone out. It's just a few thoughts from me.

We are currently considering where/how to relocate the background color selector.


I still think creating the button visually like a layer at the bottom of layers and call it background in the layer section fixed at the bottom of the layer is the most natural and in sink with many graphic programs.




+1
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:06:52 PM
I have to say that working with the Zazzle design tool is so much easier than working with a graphics design program like GIMP. I wish GIMP would design their program to make it easier for the user. I just finished working on a project where I was taking the same image and placing it all over the workspace to make a specific design. I was taking that same image and duplicating the layer and then moving the new layer and then resizing and rotating. In Zazzle's design tool I can just grab the little handle to rotate and then resize my image using the -/+. In GIMP I have to keep switching back and forth between the scale tool and the rotate tool. I scale the image down to the size I want and have to click "scale". I then switch to the rotate tool and rotate to where I want it and click "rotate". I then have to click on the move tool, so then I'm clicking back and forth between move, rotate, scale. I think I had 100 of the same elements that I had to do this with. I'm assuming Photoshop is probably similar. Thank you, Zazzle, for not making the new design tool too much like a complicated graphics design program! Most customers would never figure it out!
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:21:40 PM
Karen Coffelt wrote:
I have to say that working with the Zazzle design tool is so much easier than working with a graphics design program like GIMP. I wish GIMP would design their program to make it easier for the user. I just finished working on a project where I was taking the same image and placing it all over the workspace to make a specific design. I was taking that same image and duplicating the layer and then moving the new layer and then resizing and rotating. In Zazzle's design tool I can just grab the little handle to rotate and then resize my image using the -/+. In GIMP I have to keep switching back and forth between the scale tool and the rotate tool. I scale the image down to the size I want and have to click "scale". I then switch to the rotate tool and rotate to where I want it and click "rotate". I then have to click on the move tool, so then I'm clicking back and forth between move, rotate, scale. I think I had 100 of the same elements that I had to do this with. I'm assuming Photoshop is probably similar. Thank you, Zazzle, for not making the new design tool too much like a complicated graphics design program! Most customers would never figure it out!


Gimp is complicated but I keep learning new tricks and it does eventually get easier... you tube tutorials help alot! I feel like after 5 years I still have barely scratched the surface of what Gimp is capable of.

I am also almost as used to the new design tool now as I was to the last one, even though I still like the last version better, but there is no use living in the past... that is why I decided to tough it out and use the new one from day one, even though I probably could have switched browsers and got the old one back.

Adding: now that all the important functions are added back (save for the directional pad) and with flip image, I feel like the only real drawback is having to make so many more clicks to get the same things done because things are tucked away behind menus and drop downs.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:31:11 AM
One not-so little nitpick is being forced to go to layers in order to click the gear so I can bring up the color palette. Given that background isn't a layer, I'm not sure why this was done. Something so basic and vital as background color should be available at all times.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:55:53 AM
Colorwash wrote:
One not-so little nitpick is being forced to go to layers in order to click the gear so I can bring up the color palette. Given that background isn't a layer, I'm not sure why this was done. Something so basic and vital as background color should be available at all times.


A shortcut could be a solution.



I mentioned it before, I would like the background swatches correspond with the font, shape and SVG swatches.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 5:51:19 AM
Not sure if it was mentioned, as this thread is getting longer in leaps and bounds. But...has anyone noticed that a hiccup occurs? What I mean is, you switch working on one layer and click on the one you want and start to work with some design element. Before you know it, your click to that new layer jumps back to the previous layer.

I don't know how to replicate it or give examples, but I've seen it happen to another designer too.

I'm using Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I don't know what happens on the other browsers. It's just a little thing, but thought if no one mentioned it before...maybe add it to a list for the new year or something to include.

Other than that, in my experience, you guys have mentioned. In my experience on the size of fonts or design tool borders is that it doesn't like to go below 1, like .7 or .5, anything with a decimal in front of it. Seems like you have to put the number in and then go before it and add the decimal. I can deal with that, but I already see that it's been talked about, perhaps added to the list.

Thought I'd see if this might be possible: Moving the preview screen to the left side of the board. IDK, just a thought before coffee.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 5:59:53 AM
Laura Sweat wrote:
Not sure if it was mentioned, as this thread is getting longer in leaps and bounds. But...has anyone noticed that a hiccup occurs? What I mean is, you switch working on one layer and click on the one you want and start to work with some design element. Before you know it, your click to that new layer jumps back to the previous layer.


It jumps instantly but not while I'm already working the layer. Esp. with assigning the template to text I look twice whether the change took hold.

My mouse is starting to act up, so didn't think much of it and blamed it on my mouse but apparently my mouse is not to blame.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded