Design tool Feedback 26 pages: First ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 7:19:07 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
One thing I noticed today while designing shoes. If there's multiple layers to design on, there's a heck of a lot of having to jump back and forth between the layers and getting to your uploaded images. Not sure if there's a solution, but it was a pain in the neck.

if you are using the same image you can copy and paste it from layer to layer using the edit options. That is the easiest way I have found.
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 10:53:57 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
One thing I noticed today while designing shoes. If there's multiple layers to design on, there's a heck of a lot of having to jump back and forth between the layers and getting to your uploaded images. Not sure if there's a solution, but it was a pain in the neck.

Shoes have always been a pain I often use individual images for each part of the shoe. and it was no different in the old designer. You had to change the layer first. Then and now I use copy & paste whenever I can.

It helps. Though I, too, had occasions, when I grew tired of the back and forth. Mostly when I'm undecided and try many images before I settle on one. However it was mostly because the tool jumps back to the default image folder and makes me climb down the folder tree every time.

To combat this nuisance, I started to name my images so that I can make the most use of the search function in the image selection stripe next to the design area.
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 7:44:42 AM
Copy and paste has never worked reliably for me - not with the current design tool, nor previous iterations of it. It's like my computer and the Zazzle site can't communicate with each other with any consistency - and this is true no matter what computer I'm using. No evidence that it's a home network issue. Most likely culprit? Probably my ISP. Zazzle isn't the only site that gives me problems, but it's probably the worst of the bunch.
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 5:18:32 PM
I doubt that it's gone for good. Maybe they're working on something within it, and needed to disable it while they did it.
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:54:39 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Copy and paste has never worked reliably for me - not with the current design tool, nor previous iterations of it. It's like my computer and the Zazzle site can't communicate with each other with any consistency - and this is true no matter what computer I'm using. No evidence that it's a home network issue. Most likely culprit? Probably my ISP. Zazzle isn't the only site that gives me problems, but it's probably the worst of the bunch.

Laughing I never quit trying but I am so surprised when it actually works Shocked

I can at least copy and paste within the design tool now but still find it nearly impossible to c/p from one of my products to another Crying
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:18:28 PM
I haven't been able to find the tile image function--anyone know anything about this? Smile
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:47:31 PM
Sheila wrote:
I haven't been able to find the tile image function--anyone know anything about this? Smile

hi there, here is a post I made that is stickied at the top of the create forum, hope it helps!

https://forum.zazzle.com/create/new_design_tool_2018_tips_and_tricks
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 3:06:08 AM
It is probably well known by now, that I love the SVG option and make full use of its potential.

In order to combine two or more SVG files I use microdots, which won't show in a print because they are to small. This helps me to position every element of a multicolored design consisting of SVG elements. I use a square for minimal interferences. I know how to handle these elements and mark all elements before I move or scale the design. However this knowledge can't be assumed for the customers and though the undo and the fact that these are squares helps it still my result in an undesirable chaos if the customer wants to move a design or scale it to make room for his text.

So here is a request, suggestion to improve the tool. Please, give us the ability to group design layers so that if you click one you mark all in the group and scale and move them as group.

So customers can still use the tool intuitively without instructions. ;)

Thank you. Love