Design tool Feedback 26 pages: First ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26]
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:54:39 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Copy and paste has never worked reliably for me - not with the current design tool, nor previous iterations of it. It's like my computer and the Zazzle site can't communicate with each other with any consistency - and this is true no matter what computer I'm using. No evidence that it's a home network issue. Most likely culprit? Probably my ISP. Zazzle isn't the only site that gives me problems, but it's probably the worst of the bunch.

Laughing I never quit trying but I am so surprised when it actually works Shocked

I can at least copy and paste within the design tool now but still find it nearly impossible to c/p from one of my products to another Crying
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:18:28 PM
I haven't been able to find the tile image function--anyone know anything about this? Smile
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:47:31 PM
Sheila wrote:
I haven't been able to find the tile image function--anyone know anything about this? Smile

hi there, here is a post I made that is stickied at the top of the create forum, hope it helps!

https://forum.zazzle.com/create/new_design_tool_2018_tips_and_tricks
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 3:06:08 AM
It is probably well known by now, that I love the SVG option and make full use of its potential.

In order to combine two or more SVG files I use microdots, which won't show in a print because they are to small. This helps me to position every element of a multicolored design consisting of SVG elements. I use a square for minimal interferences. I know how to handle these elements and mark all elements before I move or scale the design. However this knowledge can't be assumed for the customers and though the undo and the fact that these are squares helps it still my result in an undesirable chaos if the customer wants to move a design or scale it to make room for his text.

So here is a request, suggestion to improve the tool. Please, give us the ability to group design layers so that if you click one you mark all in the group and scale and move them as group.

So customers can still use the tool intuitively without instructions. ;)

Thank you. Love
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2019 6:03:29 AM
Scott wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:
First off... I'm very happy that the shift key can be used again to select multiple layers. However, what is still missing is dragging the selected layers up or down, or using the 'forward' or 'backward' function combined with selecting multiple layers. The 'forward' and 'backward' functions gray out when choosing multiple layers. And one of the main purposes of choosing multiple layers is being able to move them up or down in the layer order.

Can this be put on the list of revamping previous extremely useful (old design tool) features, please?
We should have this added to the site in early 2019.

Still hoping for this!!
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:23:05 PM
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to provide few updates from our Product Manager on this project:

MoonlightImagination wrote:

4) really need to be able to zoom into designs - as mentioned above

We are currently working on adding zooming to the design tool. We don’t have a solid ETA to release it yet but it looks like less than a month at this time.

MoonlightImagination wrote:

Relating to the new images layouts, can Zazzle please eliminate the folder view that comes up when you have sub-folders? It takes more than half of the design window so all you see if one row of images. Since the folder tree is still available on the left column, there is no need to take up any space for folders in the center design window. This makes me want to rearrange my images so none are sub folders.

The use of white space was an intentional design decision. We saved that space for new features that will be developed later this year.

I couldn't recall/find where these were mentioned, so my apologies:

Ability to group design layers & move objects to front/back - These improvements are on our list of features to develop. It does not have a planned release date at this time.

Thank you as always for all of your feedback!
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:49:11 PM
Now that I have had the chance to use the design tool some more I am quite happy with it, but there are a few things that haven't been fixed yet that are a bit annoying. Typing a number in for the font size frequently causes it to go to 4 the first time, then typing the number again it works. Also I don't seem to be able to type a number with a decimal point into the line space, letter space or curvature areas and the slider doesn't do small enough increments, or it is too sensitive. If I already have a number with a decimal point in then I seem to be able to change a digit but if I start at 0 and try to type the decimal point number then it goes to a whole number. I'm using Chrome browser if that makes a difference. Of these items I'd have to say the font sizing is the most annoying because I use that more often. Otherwise I think this new tool is really nice.
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:05:57 PM
We're adding canvas zoom to the design tool tonight. Should be available in about an hour. It'll appear as a series of blue buttons at the lower right corner of the design canvas.

- makes the canvas smaller
+ makes the canvas larger
Fit resets the zoom level
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:49:39 PM
Should be there now.
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:56:53 PM

Love
Thank you.
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2019 7:07:00 PM
cool! gonna try it soon! zoom zoom...

works great! thank you!
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2019 7:08:36 PM
Zoom works wonderfully! Thank you so much for adding this tool!
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 12:19:00 AM
May you please jump back to the last opened Image folder in the full image browser when changing and adding images, please? It's a huge pain and time waste when you have your images organized in folders and subfolders and always jump to the main view for every new image add or change, having to browse and select your source folder every time from scratch.

The designer already opens FIRST your last opened folder when you change an image and forwards to the main view afterwards (you see that forwarding cause the browser first renders the actual folder, then the forwarded view). So, technically you are doing it already right in first place but are adding that unnecessary and annoying forwarding to the main view. Just get rid of that. I'm pretty sure, at least more experienced designers organize their images too (eg folder for specific products or image sizes) and would be glad to head back to their last view instead of being forced to re-browse their folders every time. That's how it also works in decent graphic/image software (software in general). Thanks!

Edit: THANKS FOR THE ZOOM! Works like a charm! Great job!
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 10:28:36 AM
PetsDreamlands wrote:
May you please jump back to the last opened Image folder in the full image browser when changing and adding images, please? It's a huge pain and time waste when you have your images organized in folders and subfolders and always jump to the main view for every new image add or change, having to browse and select your source folder every time from scratch.

The designer already opens FIRST your last opened folder when you change an image and forwards to the main view afterwards (you see that forwarding cause the browser first renders the actual folder, then the forwarded view). So, technically you are doing it already right in first place but are adding that unnecessary and annoying forwarding to the main view. Just get rid of that. I'm pretty sure, at least more experienced designers organize their images too (eg folder for specific products or image sizes) and would be glad to head back to their last view instead of being forced to re-browse their folders every time. That's how it also works in decent graphic/image software (software in general). Thanks!

YES PRETTY PLEASE can you fix this? I have also wasted so much time navigating and re-navigating to my very organized image albums when I just want to be taken right back where I was 2 seconds prior.

I often have to try a few different options before settling on the exact image I want to use and they are 99% of the time all in the same folder. It's such a tease that the most recent folder pops up and then disappears as you are forced to start over at the main page each time. Crying
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 12:36:23 PM
Navigation of image folders definitely on the list.
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 12:45:01 PM
Scott wrote:

looking forward to that!
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2019 9:40:47 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Scott wrote:

looking forward to that!

I'm also looking forward to that!
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 1:45:31 PM
Scott wrote:

Thank you SO much for updating us on this. At least we know it's on the radar
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 5:14:11 PM
Scott wrote:
We're adding canvas zoom to the design tool tonight. Should be available in about an hour. It'll appear as a series of blue buttons at the lower right corner of the design canvas.

- makes the canvas smaller
+ makes the canvas larger
Fit resets the zoom level

YAHOO! Thank you! Love Love Love Love
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 11:41:48 PM
I can't find where to add/change template options any more? It used to be on the bottom right of the screen, but has disappeared? Both in Chrome and FF.
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 4:27:36 AM
Anne wrote:
I can't find where to add/change template options any more? It used to be on the bottom right of the screen, but has disappeared? Both in Chrome and FF.

You have to minimize the little preview at bottom right, then click "More," then scroll to see the options. Quite awkward when creating templates is an important part of what we do here.
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 10:51:53 AM
Renewing objections to all this left/right movement between layers etc. on the left and context options on the right. It's especially bad when designing multi-layer products.

Add image to layer on the left, mouse right to change the fill/fit of the image, mouse left to select the next layer...lather, rinse, repeat.

My suggestion is to move the stuff on the left to the right, and have context menus appear to the left of that, or move the context menus to the left side, next to the layers/uploads.

I'm getting seasick from all this extra left / right / left / right movement.
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:11:41 PM
While I will acknowledge that the new Design Tool in its current iteration is vastly superior to what was originally introduced, after working with it lo! these many months, I still find some things inconvenient and others downright annoying. These include:

1) The left-right-left-right-left, etc. motions Fuzzy Felosarix just mentioned. Not only is all that extra motion awkward in and of itself, but it often results in my accidentally hiding layers, which, of course, necessitates the extra step of unhiding them.

2) The hide/unhide eye and the lock/unlock lock in blue and gray are difficult to see, difficult to distinguish, and too easily activated and deactivated. Why not give us always visible slider buttons? They are much easier to see and use.

3) That said, obscuring the template options sorta under the preview pane often necessitates products being redone because I don't flick the switch. My workflow just doesn't flow smoothly anymore.

4) I still really miss the keypad used for centering and moving objects.

5) There is far too much reliance on keyboard shortcuts. I can only hope that as the Design Tool is modified for Mac users more touchscreen features will be enabled.

Of course, like my fellow Zazzlers, I look forward to the addition of layer grouping and improved image file-folder handling.

I am not ungrateful for all the improvements that have been made in response to designer feedback. I just wish to resurrect a few suggestions that seem to have sunk into oblivion. Happy
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 1:49:34 PM
I am basically used to the new tool now as much as I ever was to the last one. The new zoom feature is great and I am really looking forward to the image folder memory.

The only part I am having a problem with now is all the left, right, left, right back and forth movements and not because it is annoying but because it is painful for me. Since using the new tool my carpel tunnel syndrome has gotten worse and I find I can only work for a couple of hours at the most before I have to stop and let my wrist calm down.

So my humble request is if there is a way to keep us from having to go back and forth so much, please could that go on the list?

If not I will just suffer through as best I can.

Thanks for considering this!
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 12:37:32 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Anne wrote:

You have to minimize the little preview at bottom right, then click "More," then scroll to see the options. Quite awkward when creating templates is an important part of what we do here.

Thanks Colorwash! I know where it is supposed to be, but in some products it is not there.

I was changing an RSVP card
https://www.zazzle.com/sunset_beach_wedding_rsvp_card-256333979278217774
and discovered that in other (older?) RSVP cards the template areas area also missing, e.g https://www.zazzle.com/beach_lighthouse_wedding_enclosure_rsvp_invitation-256926129971241905
Maybe I should move this to the Bug forum?

Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2019 12:38:39 AM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I am basically used to the new tool now as much as I ever was to the last one. The new zoom feature is great and I am really looking forward to the image folder memory.

The only part I am having a problem with now is all the left, right, left, right back and forth movements and not because it is annoying but because it is painful for me. Since using the new tool my carpel tunnel syndrome has gotten worse and I find I can only work for a couple of hours at the most before I have to stop and let my wrist calm down.

So my humble request is if there is a way to keep us from having to go back and forth so much, please could that go on the list?

If not I will just suffer through as best I can.

Thanks for considering this!

+1!