Design tool Feedback 24 pages: First ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:12:30 AM
vivendulies wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
One not-so little nitpick is being forced to go to layers in order to click the gear so I can bring up the color palette. Given that background isn't a layer, I'm not sure why this was done. Something so basic and vital as background color should be available at all times.

A shortcut could be a solution.

I mentioned it before, I would like the background swatches correspond with the font, shape and SVG swatches.

That would be great and to also have it on the product page with the templates.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:26:11 AM
I agree about not liking that the background color is now in the layers section. Why make it harder for customers to find? I find the new design tool to be unnecessarily complicated.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:43:18 PM
Hello Zazzle. You know, I like some of the new tools, etc., but you have made it more difficult to design! I am no longer a Zazzling Zazzler, but rather a frustrated Zazzler. Here are my issues (and please take these as constructive criticisms. I still love you very much):

There is no way to enlarge the workspace, and when working with intricate details, there is no way to see what we are doing except to get completely out of the design workspace. When I try to enlarge my screen, only the details to the left and right of the workspace are enlarged. PLEASE tell me that you will be improving this. Or, maybe I am doing something wrong?

Also, you have removed the really cool move tool... It is now not possible to move an entire block of text or images in the middle with one click. Please bring this back!

Also, it has become more difficult for a customer trying to personalize a product further. It is not obvious where they can change the background color. Please make this more obvious.

Also, there is no way to move several layers to the top or bottom at one time -- this option is grayed out and we have to move them all one at at time. Please change this back.

I DO like how the fonts don't run into the image when you choose them. I would also like to see a way to search for a font rather than scrolling through all of them. At least if we type in a letter to get to them easier.

There were so many things I liked about Zazzle's design tools, and I liked them better than Photoshop and wished Photoshop would do some of the things that Zazzle did. However, now Zazzle has gone backwards, in my opinion, and I would like to suggest you change some of this back. It is much too cumbersome in many ways.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE THESE THINGS. Thank you, you great Zazzle People you!
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 2:03:17 AM
We've made the background color selector a bit more noticeable.
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 4:08:59 AM
Scott wrote:

Just took a look - fabulous Smile
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 5:29:59 AM
Scott wrote:

WOOHOO! Thank you!
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 5:45:35 AM
It's going to be so much easier and more logical now. Hurray!
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 7:53:59 AM
Awesome!
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 7:56:05 AM
That is perfect! thank you!
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 9:28:02 AM
Thank you for moving the background color option! Much easier for the customer to find now Smile
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 7:18:31 AM
I agree with previous posts that the actual design workspace needs improvement. I was just working on a bowl and the space is so small I can't align anything properly.

I really wish Zazzle would provide:

1) rulers top and side same as Photoshop - it would give us a better sense of sizes

2) along with the rulers - the ability to pull down alignment rules - same as Photoshop - the current align functions to not totally functional. If I try to center a capital script letter it's not centered visually.

3) the ability to adjust the increments on the grid. Designing a bowl - I get two grid blocks. That's no help

4) really need to be able to zoom into designs - as mentioned above

Relating to the new images layouts, can Zazzle please eliminate the folder view that comes up when you have sub-folders? It takes more than half of the design window so all you see if one row of images. Since the folder tree is still available on the left column, there is no need to take up any space for folders in the center design window. This makes me want to rearrange my images so none are sub folders.

Thank you much!
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 7:55:39 AM
MoonlightImagination wrote:
Relating to the new images layouts, can Zazzle please eliminate the folder view that comes up when you have sub-folders? It takes more than half of the design window so all you see if one row of images. Since the folder tree is still available on the left column, there is no need to take up any space for folders in the center design window. This makes me want to rearrange my images so none are sub folders.

The wasted space was mentioned somewhere before, but it sure doesn't hurt to mention it again. Along with that, there's the long strip of images showing before many of us inevitably have to click our way to the full image collection.
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:06:05 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I know it's been mentioned before, but it's driving me nuts. I'm currently placing 5 related images on a postcard, and for each of those images, I have to scroll down to the album, click on it, then scroll down to grab the next image. Five times. Occasionally, I have far more than that. I'm really hoping this will be in the first round of fixes.

This same thing is driving me absolutely crazy. I have most of my images well-organized into albums and every time I need to grab another one I have to start back at the beginning, when most often I just want to go back to the same album I was just using 2 seconds earlier. The image folder used to hold your place and take you into the same album each time. I would really love that function back.

Otherwise, I am getting used to the new tool and liking it a lot! Still several things that take more clicks than they used to, but it does have a lot of nice features.
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 11:56:49 AM
Thank you for making the background color tool more noticeable, it's very much appreciated.

Is there any reason the actual color picker swatches were not moved to just below the background color access button? Seams odd to be clicking on the left side and have to access the swatches on the right side.

But I can also imagine maybe it was not something easy to do.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 5:57:45 AM
igiftcenter wrote:
Thank you for making the background color tool more noticeable, it's very much appreciated.

Is there any reason the actual color picker swatches were not moved to just below the background color access button? Seams odd to be clicking on the left side and have to access the swatches on the right side.

But I can also imagine maybe it was not something easy to do.

This would be really helpful for efficiency sake.

Also, I'd love to NOT have to click again to open the color picker.
I'm not minding scrolling down to see settings, but I probably click to open that color picker a hundred times a day when I'm having an OCD design day. LOL.
Sorry if I posted that before - I can't remember if I've just been thinking about it, or if I posted it before Grin

I'll say again that I love the new design tool! My hands keep accidentally trying shortcuts that I use in Adobe, and I keep finding that many of them work and help with a lot of the things that I felt limited by in the old interface. Yippee!
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:21:01 AM
I just noticed that after creating a design with the shapes and such that I am not able to sell it (if I do not own the icons). So I am wondering if this is the case or an error? How does this work if I do want to sell a design I make with the tool? Thanks.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:23:15 AM
DreamEssence_Designs wrote:
I just noticed that after creating a design with the shapes and such that I am not able to sell it (if I do not own the icons). So I am wondering if this is the case or an error? How does this work if I do want to sell a design I make with the tool? Thanks.

The icons are for customer use only. We aren't allowed to use them unless we intend on buying the product we put them on as we aren't allowed to sell them. The shapes are a different story. We are allowed to use those and post the products for sale.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:24:57 AM

No, designers aren't allowed to use the icons, though the door seems open for sometime in the future. I wish there were some way Zazzle could indicate in the design tool that the icons can't be on a product that's posted for sale. An awful lot of people have been confused by this.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:37:00 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

The icons are for customer use only. We aren't allowed to use them unless we intend on buying the product we put them on as we aren't allowed to sell them. The shapes are a different story. We are allowed to use those and post the products for sale.

Thank you both for the speedy reply. I guess it would boil down to getting permission from whoever created the icons and that would probably complicate things.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:43:04 AM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

Thank you both for the speedy reply. I guess it would boil down to getting permission from whoever created the icons and that would probably complicate things.

The icons are provided by a 3rd Party company. Here is the News post about the Zazzle Icons
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:56:31 AM

You can use shapes and lines and use them on your products for sale. Only the icons are for buying only and you can create your own icons and upload them as SVG files.

SVG files work just like the icons with editable colors and outlines. Here are a few tips and ideas for SVG.
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 5:56:21 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:
Gina ©gleem wrote:

The icons are provided by a 3rd Party company. Here is the News post about the Zazzle Icons

Thank you! Smile
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 5:58:08 PM
vivendulies wrote:

You can use shapes and lines and use them on your products for sale. Only the icons are for buying only and you can create your own icons and upload them as SVG files.

SVG files work just like the icons with editable colors and outlines. Here are a few tips and ideas for SVG.

Thank you..good to know for future endeavors. Smile
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 3:57:51 AM
Like some of the posters above, I'm running into trouble with the size of the workspace. I'm currently trying to design a tie, and the workspace is so tiny! It's difficult to position text because I can't see what I'm doing without using the zoom function on my browser...and when I do that, the tools end up disappearing off the sides of the screen. Is there a workaround for this?
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 5:17:29 AM
Rebecca Frey wrote:
Like some of the posters above, I'm running into trouble with the size of the workspace. I'm currently trying to design a tie, and the workspace is so tiny! It's difficult to position text because I can't see what I'm doing without using the zoom function on my browser...and when I do that, the tools end up disappearing off the sides of the screen. Is there a workaround for this?

I've noticed a few others complaining about the tiny workspace, and I'm curious about it. The workspace is larger than that of the previous design tool, and for me, it's at least 1-1/2 times larger. Is yours smaller than the design surface it's replacing?
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 6:15:16 AM
Quote:
I've noticed a few others complaining about the tiny workspace, and I'm curious about it. The workspace is larger than that of the previous design tool, and for me, it's at least 1-1/2 times larger. Is yours smaller than the design surface it's replacing?

The workspace for me is plenty big enough too - I always 'zazzle' on a desktop computer, so I wonder if some people are using smaller gadgets - phones, tablets, to design

Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 7:16:22 AM
I'm using Firefox on a Macbook, not a smartphone or tablet. I wonder if the size varies between browsers--maybe those using PCs are having more luck?
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 7:18:54 AM
If you think the design canvas is too small please mention the size of your monitor.
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 7:22:26 AM
I'm using Firefox on a desktop with a 23" monitor. Maybe there's a difference between a Mac and a PC? Maybe the difference is in the size of the monitor? The monitor size on the Macbook is definitely smaller.
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2018 7:36:02 AM
I just did a quick test and opened Zazzle in Safari, rather than my usual Firefox. Thankfully Safari still defaults to the old design tool, so I could put the two side-by-side.

I opened the same product--a necktie, which I'd been having trouble seeing earlier--in both the old and new design tools. In the old tool, the product portion of the workspace (the grey box) measures 4.75" across, and the tie itself is more than 1/2" at the widest part.

In the new design tool, the space is just under 3.75" across--more than a full INCH smaller than the old tool, and the tie is barely 3/8" across.

It's definitely related to the tool itself rather than the monitor size--I'd used the old design tool on this exact same computer (12" Macbook) for years, and never had an issue seeing the design area.