Design tool Feedback 27 pages: First ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Last
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:22:33 PM
I can't enter a decimal point into either of the text spacing fields. I can use the up/down arrow to get a fractional number but if I try to type one into the field manually it won't take the decimal and makes whatever I type into a whole number. For example, if I try to type .8 as the line spacing I end up with 8 instead. The only way I've found to type a decimal fraction into either of the fields is to use the up/down arrow first to get a number with a decimal then very carefully overwrite the decimal value with whatever I want it to be (ex: up arrow on the text spacing to get .05 then backspace over the 5 and type 2 instead to get .02).
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:26:20 PM
AnnaRosaEnergyArtist wrote:
KPcaptures wrote:
I've only had the new design tool come up a few times and I don't remember which items I was working with at the time so right now I'm going from memory... It seemed to me that the actual design space was even smaller in the new design tool. I work on a laptop where the screen geography is already reduced. Working in an even smaller design space is really difficult. Yes, I know I can click on the Preview to see a larger version of the item (still not large enough), but what we need is a larger design area so we can see what we're doing when we're doing it. An option to zoom in on the design space would be a wonderful addition! Or, make the menu bars on the left & right a little smaller to make the design space bigger.

Also, similarly, when in the Preview pane, having the ability to zoom in even further or on a specific spot to make sure everything is lining up right would be extremely helpful!

Yes! I said this somewhere on the forum too. I had to redo a quite few designs because I didn't visually pickup that one font was too small in relation to another line of text.
I do use a laptop too...so same issue.
I notice that every time they switch back to the old tool I just get a lighter feeling. Hard to explain. I just feels good.
It must be the size of the work area...not sure. I am just more relaxed...good flow.

I feel much more comfortable with the old tool as well. To me it seemed like the layout was better and the design area was slightly larger. I really don't understand the idea of changing something just to change it. From what I've seen, the new design tool doesn't have any improvements added, it's the same stuff just redesigned geographically.
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:29:27 PM
I just thought of another problem I'm having. In the old tool, it seemed to me that I could click on a layer then SHIFT-click on another layer several layers down and everything in between would be selected. That is NOT working in the new design tool. CTRL-click still works the way it always worked though but doing CTRL-click on lots of layers is tedious and time consuming and, if you don't click just right, you risk losing all the layers you've already selected.

Please fix the SHIFT-click function.
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:20:23 PM
I like the design tool and appreciate the ability to flip images. However, I do find it a little difficult to remove images from a product when editing. I literally have to clear everything from a product and build it from scratch.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:30:23 AM
Just now trying to use this new tool. Where is the up/down/left/right tool?

Edit:
I just read all 18 pages. So, we now have to use the up/down keys on our keyboards?

Also, I found the locks on the layers. Blue lock means what? Gray lock means what?

ty
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 4:23:30 AM
I am lost!
I cannot imagine how to explain to a customer how to navigate I wont be able to help them!

How do you turn LISTING horizontal vertical? Not image
How do I add color to font and backgrounds

Something so simple now so complicated and hard!

And not to be debbie downer but there is so many broken things and questions I still waiting for help and answers to for this to be dropped on us? And busiest time of year ?

Extremely stressful I cannot even find directions how to make it work!

If you are left handed it is great but having the layers to the left when they have been on the right forever..... even photoshop has layers to the right!!

Can you make whats going on the left larger? Those layers are mini me small? Very difficult to see not user friendly at all?

where is the dislike button
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:28:43 AM
Jaana Humlie wrote:
I like the design tool and appreciate the ability to flip images. However, I do find it a little difficult to remove images from a product when editing. I literally have to clear everything from a product and build it from scratch.

Go to layers, choose the layer you want to delete. In the view area you will see the layer outlined, there should be a trash can emblem. Just click it to delete a layer.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:15:49 AM
Now back to the new design tool, I'm dealing once again with a plague of incessant clicking to accomplish anything. With all the unused space in the top menu bar, why isn't it being filled with the things designers constantly do?

As others have said, not going back to last album used means wasting a lot of time.

Appreciated: the large design surface and flip image, both of which have been needed for a long time.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:55:07 AM
Just a couple of suggestions on the new tool...

1. an eyedropper tool would be awesome so that I don't have to go back into PS every time I need a color from the design.

2. while I, as a relative newbie designer on Zazzle, am not having difficulty with the new tool, I do not think it is very intuitive for a customer that has never used Zazzle before. Many functions are "hidden" and a novice at image editing could/might just give up and leave. Had I not spent a good deal of time reading the forum about the "new" tool, I would be struggling.

Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:59:45 AM
It's not just extra clicking...

it's
clicking on the left side
then clicking on the right side
then clicking on the top
then clicking on the bottom
then clicking on buttons to unhide things that were not hidden in the "old design tool".

Adding work to the workflow is counter productive IMO

The new features are great
The font access is a HUGE improvement over it's previous design
And the image access is better than it was by far

Edit:

Just wanted to add that forcing us back to the default view for images is a HUGE waste of our time. What could possibly be the purpose of making us navigate backwards to use an image from the same folder I just used two minutes ago. Please rectify this. Please.

Building on the awesome font view and image view features of this new design tool I think they could make this the best design tool ever with just a few tweaks and further listening to your designers

Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:07:30 AM
TheHopefulRomantic wrote:
Thank you Gina Roses Smile

You're welcome Smile
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:09:16 AM
Shirley Stalter wrote:

1. an eyedropper tool would be awesome so that I don't have to go back into PS every time I need a color from the design.

That has been requested a few times. To prevent going back into PS, get Color Cop (I have used it for years) or get a color picker add-on/extension for your browser.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:16:49 AM
I second Gina's recommendation of Color Cop. I have it handy for instant use down in my Task Bar and use the wee thing all the time.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:56:41 AM
I do have a color picker widget on my desktop..I don't much care to use that method.....you still have to copy and paste, either way.

I just think it is such a basic thing to add to the new tool. Not a big deal....just a suggestion.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:02:54 AM
igiftcenter wrote:

it's
then clicking on the top
then clicking on buttons to unhide things that were not hidden in the "old design tool".

These are instructions to play Whack-a-Mole, right?
Laughing

I third Color Cop. Since Gina recommended it to me a few months ago, I have it open all the time. In fact, I have it auto-start when I turn on my computer, since we don't have a true "picker" tool here.

It's a small box you can move anywhere on your screen or minimize. To use it, drag the eye dropper to the color you want and let go, and it copies the HEX number. Then just paste wherever you need it - Z or your graphic design software or web code. It also saves the last half dozen or so colors eye-dropped.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:36:33 AM
igiftcenter wrote:

Quote:

it's
then clicking on the top

The new features are great
The font access is a HUGE improvement over it's previous design

But adding work to the workflow is counter productive IMO

I wholeheartedly agree. Too much clicking, too many items buried, hardly intuitive for the customer, and too counterproductive for the designer.

While I too like the new font access, problem is any advantage gained by the font menu no longer blocking the design area is obviated by my hand being constantly in the way as it moves to and fro, hither and yon. Frankly, I much preferred layers larger and on the right, menu items like tiling under the design area so I could actually see the changes without moving back and forth across the screen, and, oh! how I miss the movement keypad (I work with a smart stylus on a touchscreen, and keyboard 'shortcuts' are anything but).

So, no, Al Mount*, you are not the only one.

Quote:
Am I the only who doesn't like the new design tool?
Much more cumbersome Crying

Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:59:38 AM
Jaana Humlie wrote:

If you mean remove the layer completely from the design, just use "delete" button on your computer. Hint, if your layer is hidden it won't work.

If you are just trying to hide the layer, use the tiny eye on the layer button.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 11:50:17 AM
Jaana Humlie wrote:

Deleting image:
Select image you want to delete and either
a. click edit above and CUT, or,
b. use your delete key

Others are saying they see a trash can (OH, I just found it)
it is opposite side of the "image square" when you click on the image.
So this is "c." option
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:20:10 PM
Shirley Stalter wrote:
I do have a color picker widget on my desktop..I don't much care to use that method.....you still have to copy and paste, either way.

If both methods are the same, why not use the easiest one? I find it much easier to just click Color Cop (which, like colorwash, I have pinned to my taskbar) rather than going back into the art program I used to create the design.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:57:59 PM

Moving more than one layer up and down.

In the old tool I was able to move several marked layers up and down.

In the new tool as soon as more than one layer is marked the moving layers is grayed out.

In a creative process I don't follow the best and most logic order. I often sort layers according to priorities without breaking the design last, so that if customers open the tool they find the most likely layers they want to change on the top.

I frequently move more than one layer at a time up and down. Could we please have the old abilities back. Thank you.

Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 3:55:05 PM
I am just seeing the new design tool so I have not explored it in depth. I just have one thing that I wanted to give feedback on right now.

Please make it possible to see the entire title of the image used.

For people who might put a size in their title, if they can not see the full title then they do not know the size they used.

Thanks. Smile
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:25:15 PM
This is predicated on a lot of 'if's.

IF I decide to continue designing at Zazzle, IF Zazzle comes up with new products worth designing then how in the world am I supposed to go through that little window of images and choose? And even before this the page numbers disappeared? I have a lot of images on Zazzle. They're still there so I don't have to re-upload to place on new products. My feedback is that Zazzle doesn't want a lot of it's designers making new products and even a return to the old tool wouldn't make me feel that any less.

d
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:21:41 PM
I made this post on the create forum hoping it would help any of you who are just starting to use the new tool.

https://forum.zazzle.com/create/new_design_tool_2018_tips_and_tricks?m=1567890#1567890

I have been using it (the new tool) since the first day and I still agree with the points made on this page

I still like the last tool better but figured I better get used to this one.

Maybe the mods would make that thread a sticky but until then I will bump it to the top when needed.

Please add anything you find that might help!
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:06:07 PM
I am really enjoying the new design tool. But, I can't figure out 2 things.

1) I see no way to delete images, or text, that I decide won't work in my design.

So, I have a messy design area, which will really confuse anyone who goes behind the curtain.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

2) I see no way to hide text. I might create a particular text box, and decide I'm not sure I want it, or want to save it for later. So, I would hide the text in the old design tool...that way I would not have to re-create and re-position the text later.
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:16:02 PM
SK DesignWorks wrote:
I am really enjoying the new design tool. But, I can't figure out 2 things.

1) I see no way to delete images, or text, that I decide won't work in my design.

So, I have a messy design area, which will really confuse anyone who goes behind the curtain.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

2) I see no way to hide text. I might create a particular text box, and decide I'm not sure I want it, or want to save it for later. So, I would hide the text in the old design tool...that way I would not have to re-create and re-position the text later.

you can delete layers three ways...
1.) select the layer and click the tiny trash can icon opposite from the rotate icon on the design area
2.) select the layer and use the backspace or delete key on your keyboard
3.) select the layer and hit edit>cut

hope that helps!

I need to go back into the tool and check before I can comment on hiding text layers...

okay I'm back and in order to hide any layer whether text or images click the little eye icon on the layer to the right. You only see them when you hover your mouse over the layer...

Blue means visible, Gray means hidden.
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 2:09:29 AM
Saints_Aplenty wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. Too much clicking, too many items buried, hardly intuitive for the customer, and too counterproductive for the designer.

While I too like the new font access, problem is any advantage gained by the font menu no longer blocking the design area is obviated by my hand being constantly in the way as it moves to and fro, hither and yon. Frankly, I much preferred layers larger and on the right, menu items like tiling under the design area so I could actually see the changes without moving back and forth across the screen, and, oh! how I miss the movement keypad (I work with a smart stylus on a touchscreen, and keyboard 'shortcuts' are anything but).

So, no, Al Mount*, you are not the only one.

Quote:
Am I the only who doesn't like the new design tool?
Much more cumbersome Crying

Indeed. And why do this right in the middle of the Holiday season? How many times have designers asked to NOT do this when it is already extremely busy? Every year the same.
By now the design panel looks more like the control panel of a plane ... including the warning beeps that it is nosediving ... Way too complicated!
The best new thing is the flip ability of images. And that is also the ONLY improvement I have discovered so far.
What I also find very cumbersome is that when I want to turn text fields into templates, I constantly have to click somewhere on the extreme right of the screen followed by a click on the extreme left and some more. Very RSI inducing. This was much easier in the previous tool, which unfortunately did not last more than a few weeks ... never mind all the scrolling ...
What I also miss, is something we had before the last tool, is that customers can delete an image without having to go into the control panel, instead of only having the option to change it.
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 3:18:01 AM
Zazzle you always want positive feed back but this new tool offers extremely little incentive to provide positive feed back when it is so cumbersome. When one finally finds a way to do something as simple as create text as a template; 2 selected objects on opposite sides of a mug; provide the product page label and go back to the actual design area IT MOVED THAT TEXT! After I had spent a whole lot of time finding acceptable positioning I was force to do it all over again!!!

[edit]BTW In spite of having the two text items selected in order to make them identical templates the text tool moved them as independent items.

Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 5:13:03 AM
I got the new design tool today (Nov 12) and I like it just fine. This is probably because by the time I got it, desired features had been reinstated (like the necessary change image) and new features added that had long been asked for (flip image). Please have these things stay.

Pros:
flip design yay!!!!Grin
font choices no longer cover up the text as it shows in the design tool

Cons:
background color is obscurely placed, there is enough empty space in the layers panel for it to show without having to click 'options'
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 6:25:31 AM
deemac1 wrote:
how in the world am I supposed to go through that little window of images and choose?

At the bottom of that uselessly skinny window is a button to click to go to the full-size image browser.
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 8:11:31 AM
I just got the new design tool this weekend. I like it! I don't usually work with lots of layers, so that may be why. Grin