Design Grouping Feedback 9 pages: First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 7:19:39 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I figured a week after creating them and a few days after Kevin said the groupings should be caught up that maybe I ought to use the form to report my nine clocks languishing in separate broom closets. I just now used the form to report them and am hoping it works.

Well some that I reported that first day we could still haven't been added to the groups. I am not sure how long it will take but I am not gonna hold my breath. If they do soon, good and if not, oh well.

but I have some where I have 7 colors and only 5 of them have grouped.
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 4:11:38 AM
Kevin wrote:
There was a bit of a backlog, but things should be getting caught up by tomorrow.

For those of you who don't see an update by then and feel that your products should've been grouped, we ask that you please fill out the Google doc that we announced earlier in the news feed. The team in charge is actively looking over these, so filling out that form will be your best chance at getting your products reviewed.

Zazzle - What is the status of these Google Docs forms currently please?

I sent three forms in on 12 November to see what would happen. I received the automated Google Forms acknowledgement, but since then nothing. The suggested products remain ungrouped.

I was hoping for a response from Zazzle. Either to confirm that the products have been grouped, or to say that this was not possible and to explain why.

Is there any point in sending in more forms, or am I wasting my time? Are Zazzle able to look at these reports, or do they not have capacity perhaps?

I was hoping to learn so I can better understand the parameters that make grouping possible or impossible. It wastes everybody's time if I send in grouping report forms that cannot be actioned.

Thank you. I think that the Grouping facility is a great idea, but I am struggling to make the best use of it.

ETA UPDATE 6th Dec: A couple of my reported suggestions have just been grouped! (This implies a 3 to 4-week backlog) Thank you!
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:51:43 PM
First I want to restate I L-O-V-E this feature. Love

Questions:

(1) All phones of same brand (i.e. case mate) are considered "one" product and will thus be grouped regardless of phone type (Samsung, iPhone, Google). Is this correct? I can't tell from my products

(2) Does royalty rate have to match? Some of my products got caught up in my royalty confusion/debate and have been frozen for the season.
**ETA: nevermind this one... royalty rate doesn't matter with grouping.

(3) Are we permanently going to be dealing with products that have never been "viewed" but have sold? Or is this going to change?

(4) Is there any way to get feedback on our feedback forms? Like if the product is unable to be grouped and why? Right now we have no real way of knowing what we reported w/o getting receipts. And those aren't practical when dealing with high volumes.
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2018 4:45:25 PM
I'm with Fharryn. I Love Love this feature but nothing is perfect ...

Color grouping can be just great, when the shirt color is neutral and not an intrical part of the design, which is why when the shirt color doesn't change this feature can be not so great ...

because the shirt color is part of the design ...

and the shirt color juz stays the same ... Sad

Oooops

When possible, as with variations with the same model / shirt type, the shirt color should also change and in other cases if available a similar color be used.

-Love-
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:23:29 AM
Polenth wrote:
Out of the new products I've created since the beta started, none of them with image variations (as in several different image files that are variations of the same image) have managed to link. The ones where it's a simple background colour have linked. However, old products that had image variations are mostly linked correctly, apart from the really random rainbow spots / mushroom spots confusion where it sometimes gets it and sometimes doesn't, and the color spots it picks are completely weird (the system really doesn't understand what's going on with these patterns).

My question is how it decides that two images are the same image. I'd prefer to be able to link images, choose the colour spot for each image, and make my own custom design groupings for tricky products. But as we're unlikely to get those tools anytime soon, simply knowing how it does it means I can take steps to help the system work it out. I've done the obvious like making sure nothing else has been changed and only changing the colour in tags/title/description.

I’m curious if your new image swap/variation groupings are showing up now for you? I Was trying it with one product and waiting to see if it groups. All of my background color variations made the same day have already grouped.
Is anyone seeing new image swap variations group?
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2019 6:12:00 AM
Is grouping still being done? I created two different sets of products 17 days ago that haven't been grouped and that use only a change in background color. I hesitate to use the form to list the products since that form, as far as I can tell, is being ignored.

Would someone from Zazzle please let us know what, if anything, is going on?
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2019 7:33:32 AM
I would like to know if image swap color variations are supposed to group or if that was a fluke for some existing products that the system thought were background color variations.

I have some designs where I have just used the change image feature to change a stripe out and then a couple of products where I did the image swap plus a background color change and none of those have grouped. I did not move anything around during those swap/change processes.
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2019 10:14:11 AM
Is there a way to stop the system from grouping? I created 6 of the tumblers and went to a lot of trouble to match the monogram color to the color of the tumbler but now all but one of them have vanished from the MP because they have been grouped. Problem is that that one gives the multiple tumbler colors but DOES NOT update to the monogram that matches the tumbler.Crying
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2019 11:55:43 AM
So, things are still being grouped? But not well? Maybe I'll forego the form for requesting grouping. Heck, when I did try the form toward the beginning of this, it didn't work anyway.
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:59:35 PM
eclecticpastime wrote:
Is there a way to stop the system from grouping? I created 6 of the tumblers and went to a lot of trouble to match the monogram color to the color of the tumbler but now all but one of them have vanished from the MP because they have been grouped. Problem is that that one gives the multiple tumbler colors but DOES NOT update to the monogram that matches the tumbler.Crying

You can request to ungroup in the form. At least for me the form worked as intended without any extended waiting period.
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2019 1:02:23 PM
Colorwash wrote:
So, things are still being grouped? But not well? Maybe I'll forego the form for requesting grouping. Heck, when I did try the form toward the beginning of this, it didn't work anyway.

I have had 3 sets of products created on 1/29 and 1/30 that are grouped as of yesterday and today so at least some are being grouped.
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 1:29:28 PM
vivendulies wrote:
eclecticpastime wrote:

You can request to ungroup in the form. At least for me the form worked as intended without any extended waiting period.

What form? I went to the first page of this thread and could not find any link to a form.

Posted: Monday, February 04, 2019 1:39:04 PM
eclecticpastime wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
eclecticpastime wrote:

What form? I went to the first page of this thread and could not find any link to a form.

Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1z5JEEuuOsUTXa-oqN6oR2_wyGiIId0La9yK5sVpq5Uc

It also be found in the Known Issues thread in the Tech forum.
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 3:05:31 PM
Anyone know how long it takes for things to become grouped? Items I made several days ago aren't grouping, so the possibilities are that it takes a while, or I'm doing something wrong, or it's not working at the moment.

My items seem to have otherwise fully indexed, as I was able to find them in the marketplace and in my public store when logged out.

When I say "not working", I should clarify that I do see other things in the marketplace that are grouped. I'm wondering if it recently went on the fritz, stopped grouping new stuff? More likely that I'm just doing something wrong, though. The info I posted for each is the same, with only the name of the color changed in the title, description, and tags.

Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 5:27:10 PM
I've now waited 22 days for two sets I created. Granted, I didn't use the form to report it, mainly because the last time I used it, absolutely nothing happened. Also, my method for creating these two sets along with my titles and tags being absolutely bot friendly, I have doubts about the system working properly.
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 6:01:34 PM
And yet another mystery feature...
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 5:36:49 AM
Colorwash wrote:
I've now waited 22 days for two sets I created. Granted, I didn't use the form to report it, mainly because the last time I used it, absolutely nothing happened.

This has been my experience. I have only reported 1 set I think but, like you, nothing was resolved. I reported early in January so it's been some time now.

The last colorways grouping products I have made have not grouped either. Perhaps there is something wrong?

Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 6:05:08 AM
Lynn-Marie Gildersleeve wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
I've now waited 22 days for two sets I created. Granted, I didn't use the form to report it, mainly because the last time I used it, absolutely nothing happened.

This has been my experience. I have only reported 1 set I think but, like you, nothing was resolved. I reported early in January so it's been some time now.

The last colorways grouping products I have made have not grouped either. Perhaps there is something wrong?

It looks as if something is wrong, and if it is, it's probably that the bot needs to be looked at again. I just wish they'd let us know if they're working on it or if, on the other hand, they're abandoning it.
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 11:03:00 AM
It has been my experience that if you change a background COLOR (not image) then the grouping is nearly immediate (within 24 hours). If, on the other hand you use different color/shades of image/or characters, the grouping is sporadic or not available.

I had an old multi-colored tryptich of this, then created an all green, and an all blue collection and they were very quick.

My initials and names in 5 versions, the pens being reported the first week, do not come up in groups.
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 11:10:02 AM
BKMuir wrote:
It has been my experience that if you change a background COLOR (not image) then the grouping is nearly immediate (within 24 hours).

The products that have not grouped are the same pattern with different background colors. The invites are different background colors with text and such. There's no reason for them not to be collected together.

Thanks for your insights BK. Roses
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 12:50:41 PM
BKMuir wrote:
It has been my experience that if you change a background COLOR (not image) then the grouping is nearly immediate (within 24 hours).

The products that have not grouped are the same pattern with different background colors. The invites are different background colors with text and such. There's no reason for them not to be collected together.

Same for me--identical designs and products in every way except for the background color.
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 1:14:33 PM
Colorwash wrote:
BKMuir wrote:

Same for me--identical designs and products in every way except for the background color.

Well 5 days ago immediately after being given the link to the form I filed it asking that my tumblers be ungrouped because the color of the design monogram on each tumbler was carefully matched and they have yet to be ungrouped they still haven't been so I actually modified the titles yesterday in the hopes of breaking the grouping

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 5:47:26 PM
BKMuir wrote:
It has been my experience that if you change a background COLOR (not image) then the grouping is nearly immediate (within 24 hours). If, on the other hand you use different color/shades of image/or characters, the grouping is sporadic or not available.

That might explain my current issue. It's color of my images that change in this case, not a background. Changing background colors doesn't really apply to most of my work.

That said, I have had a few other things that grouped based on being the same design with the images in different colors, but that was very early on.
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2019 6:57:43 PM
Felosarix wrote:
BKMuir wrote:

That might explain my current issue. It's color of my images that change in this case, not a background. Changing background colors doesn't really apply to most of my work.

That said, I have had a few other things that grouped based on being the same design with the images in different colors, but that was very early on.

I have some that was an image swap that have grouped and some that haven't... I have some that were background color change that have grouped and some that haven't...

...and the ones that have do not have all the color options in the group.

Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 3:07:44 AM
It appears there's a double problem: The bot can't easily determine what does or does not constitute a group, and the form they gave us to use isn't being manned.

I realize trusting designers to set groups isn't quite viable, but perhaps some amalgam of that plus a bot might work.
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:30:05 PM

The last group of products have been connected together.

Still nothing on the group I reported.
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:36:52 AM
Close to a month later, my two sets of cards that should have been grouped have now, finally, been grouped. The indexer must have had a flat tire.
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2019 11:35:36 AM
Hi! When you submit a product on the form, we definitely review it but we can't necessarily reply back regarding each one. With the amount we’re working through, it's also not possible to give status updates. That said, we really do appreciate your submissions because they are definitely making this better for everyone on Zazzle. Thank you!
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:01:49 PM
Thank you James. We just want it now... that's all. Laughing
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:43:00 PM
Just checked on my one reported non-group. 2 out of 4 of the pens are grouped. Perhaps the other two will be added this year.