Default Text Box Width - Within Safe Lines Please
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:55:50 AM

If possible, please could you consider making the default text box width to open just inside of the green / safe lines (rather than on the blue / print line)?
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 8:36:39 AM
I agree. This would be extremely helpful!
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 8:46:11 AM
That would be a nice change, though I wonder what would happen with things like posters where there's no safe line for text.
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 12:04:30 PM
Agreed, it constantly defaults to a size quite larger than what even makes sense for the window/design area.
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 11:00:20 AM
That would be nice!
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 12:20:46 PM
Wouldn't make a big difference on many products which have the safe line almost sticking to the print line, and some have no safe line at all. In all cases, it will look pretty ugly if you allow text to be written up to the safe lines/edges. Zazzle has done a great job with the new text boxes now supporting a fixed width. I highly recommend to use that feature instead, so you can define by yourself the width of the left and right borders and limit the horizontal text flow to an area that makes sense and looks good.
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 12:39:16 PM
I so agree, have the text boxes end just within the safe lines. When I remember, I resize text boxes. This is so time-consuming.
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2019 12:46:01 PM
I agree, too. For designs where I'd like the customer to be able to type all the way across the design area, it would be so much easier if the box already ended at the safe lines.
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2019 7:43:13 AM
Sure thing. Makes total sense. Happy to pass on/up Happy Roses