Change Purse or Coin Clutch
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:42:47 AM
I see a lot of confusion with the satin Coin Purses. The title ascribed to them is Coin Purse, but the description and item thumbnail choice calls it a Coin Clutch. Further down in the description, it is referred to as a Coin Purse. So which is it? I do not consider these to be a Clutch. The marketplace category they are automatically going into is also Clutches. I don't agree with this. I think they should go under Wristlets in the marketplace categories, since they are just a smaller version of the other Wristlets. I would like to hear some feedback on this.

PS. I just also noticed that the mini-wristlets are also referred to as Clutches. The largest size is properly called a Wristlet. Why the different names?
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:24:44 PM
I always thought if it had a wrist strap then it was a wristlet and if not then it was a clutch. I thought a clutch meant there is no strap at all and you have to clutch it.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:59:41 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
I always thought if it had a wrist strap then it was a wristlet and if not then it was a clutch. I thought a clutch meant there is no strap at all and you have to clutch it.

That has always been my belief, too. If there is no strap, you have to clutch it to hold on to it.

What if the description is as it is for SEO purposes? *shrugs* In case both wristlet and clutch is how many see them?
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:01:14 PM
I clicked on the store manufacturer link and found that they call them Wristlets, not Clutches. So perhaps Zazzle should call them what the company calls them to eliminate confusion.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 5:17:35 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

That has always been my belief, too. If there is no strap, you have to clutch it to hold on to it.

What if the description is as it is for SEO purposes? *shrugs* In case both wristlet and clutch is how many see them?

I can see how this might be the case and if that is why then it is best to leave it as is and try not to let it bother us... If customers call it both then you want it to surface in both searches.
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:57:55 PM
Gina ©gleem wrote:

I can see how this might be the case and if that is why then it is best to leave it as is and try not to let it bother us... If customers call it both then you want it to surface in both searches.

Agreed
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 9:19:42 AM
Thanks for all your feedback! An item name is so subjective. If I wanted to, I suppose that I could call any bag with a handle a "handbag." I suppose I could call a tote bag a handbag because it has a handle and is carried by my hand. LOL So many names to choose from!