Can the automatic hidden products stop 2 pages: 1 [2]
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 4:37:37 PM
Susannah Keegan wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Susannah Keegan wrote:
MelroseOriginals wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Based on our definition of successful public products in our marketplace, a public product will fulfill one or more of the following criteria:

• Has been sold at least once
• Has been published, edited or viewed within the last 15 months
• Is a product type which was added to the Zazzle site within the past 2 years

I'm curious as to the relevance of the product type itself being one added in the last 2 years, and how would one know when the product type was added to Zazzle. Obviously I've seen things added in the year I've been here) Aren't T-shirts and postcards and the like mainstays that have been here since the early days? Would we be discouraged to create on those product types for any reason?

To find out if a product was added inside the 2 year margin, simply sort your back end products by Last Viewed and go to the last page. Products that are 13 months or older will be flagged in red (to show they only have two more months of visibility unless acted upon) unless they have either sold or were introduced less than 2 years ago.

What I was referring to was how to know if a product type was added in the last 2 years. I'm not sure if I am misreading or misunderstanding, but I was interpreting that last qualifier for a "successful public product in the market place" (Is a product type which was added to the Zazzle site within the past 2 years) as the new product for us to design on. I do look at my older items and check them periodically, but if that does mean the product type and not the new item with our design I am unsure how to find out how long ago Zazzle added it to the list of merchandise for us to design on and what the relevance to that might be for making an item successful. I may be misinterpreting things.

P.S.
Thanks for the good advice. Smile

The three bullet points aren't what's needed for a product to be successful, but rather that a product must fulfill at least one of the three criteria to be a public (not hidden) product. I know they say "successful public product" in the first half of the sentence but then they strip away the "successful" and you are left with "public product".

They need a head smack emoji.
I was misunderstanding it. Thanks so much for clearing that up for me Susannah!
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 4:40:38 PM
ZBug wrote:
vivendulies wrote:
ZBug wrote:
vivendulies wrote:

... I don't drop to 3 and my stuff is excluded from the marketplace

Are you saying that if a store drops to 3, their products no longer show in the marketplace? Just looking for clarification as I hadn't heard this before.

In the Zrank info ZAZZLE wrote:
Why does my zRank matter?
As Zazzle's Designer community continues to grow, we are constantly looking for ways to improve our customers' experience and highlight the best stores suited to them. zRank gives us a way to showcase those stores that have put a lot of time and effort into creating a rich and engaging user experience.

There are also a few added benefits* for your store on Zazzle:
Your store will appear, and have preference, as a suggested search result when searching.
Your store will appear, and have preference, in the Designer Store search Filter - the links which appear in the left-hand navigation bar for narrowing results in marketplace search.

*Your store must have a zRank of 4 or above to have these features enabled

Click on the zrank link in your store view to see the full text.

Well, Holy Smoked Salmon.

Thanks for the info.

It also says on that page "zRank is not currently factored into marketplace search results but will be in the near feature."

So, I don't have to poo my pants yet. (I think or maybe I just hope.) I have 2 shops at 3s. I wrote to Z for help.
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 6:24:47 PM
When I keep having to unhide products that I just unhid - and viewed - within the week, something is broken.
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 6:35:36 PM
SilverWebForge wrote:
When I keep having to unhide products that I just unhid - and viewed - within the week, something is broken.

Maybe more than viewing is required before re-setting to public *shrugs*
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 3:09:44 AM
ZBug wrote:
It also says on that page "zRank is not currently factored into marketplace search results but will be in the near feature."

We need a definition of "near future." zRank has been in place for quite a long time.
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 5:56:30 AM
Colorwash wrote:
ZBug wrote:

We need a definition of "near future." zRank has been in place for quite a long time.

I'm pretty sure it has been factoring in for a long while now. I think the description has not been edited to reflect that. I am fairly sure that my steep decline in sales over the past year and a half to two years was due to zrank becoming a factor. That is why I am at last trying to do a drastic clean up and maintain my shop better to see if that will make any difference.
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 1:48:38 PM
LM Glidersleeve wrote -
Quote:
Once the product is sold it is always in the MP.

James from Z posted a link for the criteria and said that if a product is sold at least once, it is not hidden.

https://rlv.zcache.com/svc/getImage?id=a6a94a6c-8101-474b-a6dc-d768f17eda5e&bg_pattern=checker&max_dim=225

Click on the above link to see the image of the latest sold product that ended up on the hidden page.

Sorry, but did not know how to show image that wasn't on a product.

Items that have sold are not supposed to be hidden! Then Z, unhide them if they meet this criteria. Thank you.

I know that Z has your reasons, it is just that I also only have so many hours in a day, and I can be creating designs and putting them on products, or I can go and be checking and updating the hidden ones.

I'd rather be creating and making rather than updating descriptions etc. on hidden products. It is a choice that I would rather not have to be making. I'd rather see my designs staying in the market place. Smile
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 3:07:34 PM
Yupp, my quest to keep my stock current starts at page 6 because of discontinued postage which I hope will come back and I can transfer and items sold, that haven't been visited more than 15 months.

And today I sold multiples for a birthday party which I just visited to keep them alive a few weeks back. If I wouldn't have today I'd be out approx. $20.

15 month without views is not unusual and those items sell eventually apparently. My title, description and tagging is decent and comprehensive. My designs are cute, weird or classic. Many are all timers.

I get very annoyed about this hiding habit. But unless zazzle changes its mind I have to play by their rules.

🤦🤦 Sad 🤦🤦
Ergo I go visit my stuff frequently.

Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 4:05:00 PM
Cheryl Paton wrote:
LM Glidersleeve wrote -
Quote:
Once the product is sold it is always in the MP.

James from Z posted a link for the criteria and said that if a product is sold at least once, it is not hidden.

https://rlv.zcache.com/svc/getImage?id=a6a94a6c-8101-474b-a6dc-d768f17eda5e&bg_pattern=checker&max_dim=225

Click on the above link to see the image of the latest sold product that ended up on the hidden page.

Sorry, but did not know how to show image that wasn't on a product.

Items that have sold are not supposed to be hidden! Then Z, unhide them if they meet this criteria. Thank you.

I know that Z has your reasons, it is just that I also only have so many hours in a day, and I can be creating designs and putting them on products, or I can go and be checking and updating the hidden ones.

I'd rather be creating and making rather than updating descriptions etc. on hidden products. It is a choice that I would rather not have to be making. I'd rather see my designs staying in the market place. Smile

I was just going through my hidden designs, and found a design hidden that I know has sold.....unless our own purchases don't count. My disillusion with Zazzle continues.

d
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 4:36:36 PM
Quote:
deemac1 wrote I was just going through my hidden designs, and found a design hidden that I know has sold.....unless our own purchases don't count. My disillusion with Zazzle continues.

The particular item I listed above was not purchased by me, nor was the hidden item that I made public the other day. They were purchased by others.
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 10:01:25 AM
I just came across a hidden (not by me) product that has sold. I've run across this before but this is the first time I thought to take a screenshot.

So while I don't have a problem with stuff being hidden because it triggers me to update it, I don't like that the system is faulty. Sad

Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 2:35:02 PM
I would just like to see a single page showing shop stats with the number of products hidden and a direct link to those products. Would save a lot of time going from shop to shop.

Also like to see a moratorium from hiding products during the holiday season since that's often when a lot of non-sellers are finally purchased.
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 3:58:58 PM
Dementees wrote:

Also like to see a moratorium from hiding products during the holiday season since that's often when a lot of non-sellers are finally purchased.

Yes! this ^^^
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 6:50:01 PM
I would suggest that you create a new post in the Feedback forum with that idea so that it doesn't stay buried in the bottom of Page 2 of a discussion about a totally different topic.
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 8:46:10 AM
I would just like to see the system ended until they fix the view counter. I did paid promotion on Pinterest recently. I had 30 click-throughs on one of the ads. Zazzle shows a total of 8 views. ??

I use Buffer / Bit.ly for social media promotion. Both generate a report that shows the number of clicks that a post gets. Every single time, Zazzle says little to no views on a product even though Buffer / Bit.ly show click-throughs.

I wouldn't mind the system IF IT WORKED CORRECTLY. When I'm paying real money to promote my products on social media and Zazzle's system doesn't register the traffic, then my products shouldn't get hidden for lack of views when the products are, in fact, getting views.