Better In-Situation images
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 6:55:12 AM
I was so excited when I saw Zazzle Create until I realized Zazzle spent who-knows-how-much time / effort / money to recreate Canva. What I really want to see are realistic in-situation shots for every single product.

I received the invitation to have my stores leave the marketplace to promote directly & laughed. 90% of Zazzle products are "mystery rectangles" or "mystery squares" that do exactly nothing on social media (which is driven by image quality).

It seems every month Zazzle has fallen behind other POD sites in this regard. I love promoting my items at other PODs because they give me some fantastic in-situ images to work with. Given that Zazzle is the largest player in this space, Big Z should be leading the pack, not shrugging it's proverbial shoulders.

My workaround for some products is to purchase product mockup scenes from Creatsy but the cost ads up quick. The other large POD sites seem to grasp how important a good in-situ shot is, why doesn't Zazzle?
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:10:43 AM
Heather Miller wrote:
What I really want to see are realistic in-situation shots for every single product.

+1!

Heather Miller wrote:
The other large POD sites seem to grasp how important a good in-situ shot is, why doesn't Zazzle?

Good question. On the other hand, why would they spend money on the things designers need for promoting their offerings, if they can basically get us to do it for ourselves, at no additional expense to Zazzle?

It would seem that they think it's enough to provide tools for adding art or text to products, and a means to add those basic product images to social media posts. And now there's the new 'create' thingy - another way of saying, 'here - you do it.'

The rest is clearly up to designers. Why, is anyone's guess.
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 10:09:21 AM
Felosarix wrote:
Heather Miller wrote:
What I really want to see are realistic in-situation shots for every single product.

+1!

Heather Miller wrote:
The other large POD sites seem to grasp how important a good in-situ shot is, why doesn't Zazzle?

Good question. On the other hand, why would they spend money on the things designers need for promoting their offerings, if they can basically get us to do it for ourselves, at no additional expense to Zazzle?

It would seem that they think it's enough to provide tools for adding art or text to products, and a means to add those basic product images to social media posts. And now there's the new 'create' thingy - another way of saying, 'here - you do it.'

The rest is clearly up to designers. Why, is anyone's guess.

@Heather
Thank you for bringing this huge flaw up in such clear words. I hope, more established designers will jump in and plead for a more accurate and appealing product presentation. For our all sake, Zazzle included. I fully agree on every single point.

@Fuzzy
You can create the most beautiful mockups and ads you want, sooner or later your buyers will have to enter Zazzle's product page to order and will be confronted with the original previews. I dare to say, at that point you will lose a good amount of them, unless they're all loyal followers/customers and fully trust you.

It's such a shame.
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 12:00:54 PM
Heather Miller wrote:
I was so excited when I saw Zazzle Create until I realized Zazzle spent who-knows-how-much time / effort / money to recreate Canva. What I really want to see are realistic in-situation shots for every single product.

I received the invitation to have my stores leave the marketplace to promote directly & laughed. 90% of Zazzle products are "mystery rectangles" or "mystery squares" that do exactly nothing on social media (which is driven by image quality).

It seems every month Zazzle has fallen behind other POD sites in this regard. I love promoting my items at other PODs because they give me some fantastic in-situ images to work with. Given that Zazzle is the largest player in this space, Big Z should be leading the pack, not shrugging it's proverbial shoulders.

My workaround for some products is to purchase product mockup scenes from Creatsy but the cost ads up quick. The other large POD sites seem to grasp how important a good in-situ shot is, why doesn't Zazzle?

Well said. Agree!
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 12:05:43 PM
PetsDreamlands wrote:

@Fuzzy
You can create the most beautiful mockups and ads you want, sooner or later your buyers will have to enter Zazzle's product page to order and will be confronted with the original previews. I dare to say, at that point you will lose a good amount of them, unless they're all loyal followers/customers and fully trust you.

It's such a shame.

That is so true. I have created a few of my own ads with the new tool and promoted them as far as my short reach goes... but they still have to see the product page and the preview images there before buying and if those don't look good it really doesn't matter how hard I worked on my ad or how great it looks. Plus the fact that Zazzle is the one with the long reach and established traffic. Great previews and insitus should be at the top of the to do list IMO.
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:24:48 PM
Heather Miller wrote:

+1! I completely agree with all of this.
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 7:49:12 AM
+1
I, too, would like more and improved in-situ product photos. (though many, like the baby blanket are great) The 5x7 and notecard in-situ photos have the cards still too far away. Only the 8 x 10 card is a good close view.
Also the post-it note in-situ's are not close enough AND many of the post-it insitu photos aren't for my use as Merchandising views, Zazzle told me, but for customers to look at.

I think ALL in-situ photos should be available for merchandising views!

I'd also I like to see several more background options for folding cards then yellow flowers: several shades of flowers (white, pink, lavender) and a non-flowery masculine background, [/b]such as classy bookends or a desktop mock up or a plain coffee mug--something other then flowers for guys.
(White flowers are in the background for flat cards, which is nice.)

(You can find free mock-ups at Pixabay.)
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2019 10:50:41 PM
I would like to see some nice insitu views of the labels and stickers on books used as bookplates, as many people do design those, or maybe have some stickers made specifically for bookplates with those insitu views attached.
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 11:54:38 AM
I agree with what everyone has said. In situ is SO IMPORTANT.

So many products are flat circles or flat square that distinguishing them can be difficult. Product titles don't wrap around or pop up in a hover state (please fix that too) so having context is vital.

Perhaps Zazzle could have a feature like https://placeit.net/ that allows designers to easily create mockups online.

Thanks!!
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 6:27:57 AM
Thank you all for your feedback on this. Our team work hard to get things like this added to the site and will be happy to take all of this on board, I'm sure. Roses
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 7:15:34 AM
Emily Lozano wrote:

Perhaps Zazzle could have a feature like https://placeit.net/ that allows designers to easily create mockups online.

Thanks!!

While that would be cool it will not replace the need for Zazzle to create their own amazing insitu mockups.

I really believe sales would improve so much if they would just focus on this one thing!

@James, thanks for the response! I hope you will pass this comment on as well!
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 11:28:07 AM
I sold a banner the other day and noticed it had a very nice insitu on a chain link fence which I'd never seen before, so it does seem that they're working on it.

Personally I'd very much like to see the one for posters again though before anything else. I sure do miss that and the sales that came with it. And with an election coming up they should probably also do one for yard signs since it basically looks like a postcard, and without the product name in the title nobody would even know what it was.
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:21:20 PM
Dementees - Thanks for the info on Banner in-situ - this is great.

Did you notice that the INDOOR Banner has a different in-situ look?

Will have to keep my eyes open for other in-situ products.
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:42:10 PM
BKMuir wrote:
Dementees - Thanks for the info on Banner in-situ - this is great.

Yeah I was really happy to see that and it's probably why I made a sale since I can't recall ever selling a banner before. Showing it on a chain link fence was pretty smart since most banners are used for advertising an event in that way and showing it scaled to size in a real world context is exactly what's needed again for posters (not sure if I've ever mentioned that lol).
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:05:00 PM
Totally agree with previous posts. And sad to see that this very same question has been asked for a thousand times. Still wondering why the good in situ images of throwblankets (I thought that was two words, but it does not come up in search when I type it as two words, sorry off-topic) and food labels have been removed from the site.