abc Personalize this template Details - button not on product pages
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 11:45:43 PM
Dear Zazzle,

I was very surprised when I discovered that products with Customizable / Personalizable text don't work. Customers do not see the text on the product page:

"abc Personalize this template Details>"

And cannot personalize the text. Only by adjusting the design and republishing it.
It concerns all products that were made before Zazzle made major changes to the site last year. Such as the design tools, Zazzle Create and Collaborate.

Customers will not buy these products. (Income losses.) And the designers together with the promoters suffer damage in my opinion. Because all products with this problem must be republished. And all old products must then be removed. That is why all promoter links on these products will no longer work.

You can probably solve this problem. Without the designers having to change all products (which were made for about last summer).

Thanks in advance.....

(Working with windows 10 and the latest Google browser version.)
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 3:56:09 AM
I just now randomly checked my products, and wherever there's a text template, it shows very clearly on the product page with "Personalize this template" which, when clicked, shows the placeholder text that can be edited.
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 5:04:25 AM
This sounds like feedback so I will moving this. If you can provide a link to a design that exhibits this error I will be happy to take a look but I cannot deduce an error from the info provided. Thanks Smile
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 7:25:33 AM
https://www.zazzle.com/rustic_ancient_wedding_return_address_label-106175797048719275

With the above product of yours I am able to click abc Personalize this text and I have options to change the text.

I don't know if this info helps or not??
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 9:48:40 AM
Padie wrote:
This sounds like feedback so I will moving this. If you can provide a link to a design that exhibits this error I will be happy to take a look but I cannot deduce an error from the info provided. Thanks Smile

Thank you for responding.....
Here are some product links with that problem. (Recent created products work properly. Just not the older ones.)

https://www.zazzle.com/sand_color_modern_stripe_pattern_with_name_case_mate_iphone_case-179778320888120416

https://www.zazzle.com/london_world_city_colorful_text_art_label-106678754559191095

https://www.zazzle.com/south_carolina_usa_world_country_colorful_text_ar_label-106961167050086321

https://www.zazzle.com/las_vegas_world_city_colorful_text_art_label-106310054699204783
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 9:52:30 AM
I can't look behind the scenes for your products, but the ones you listed appear to have been originally set up with templates. The clue is in the text you typed in as a label. It's as if the templates were somehow turned off.
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 12:29:20 PM
Colorwash wrote:
I can't look behind the scenes for your products, but the ones you listed appear to have been originally set up with templates. The clue is in the text you typed in as a label. It's as if the templates were somehow turned off.

Thanks for the reply. You can just look behind the scenes by simply customizing my product. Just as customers can. And in the design tool you can see the text labels and customize on products is available. (At the right sight.) Then click on DONE. And everything for personalize is available now.
(Then publish it and delete the not working one)
This seems like the same problem as the Ornaments a time ago. Of which only an empty backside was visible.
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 12:32:20 PM
JB Designs wrote:
https://www.zazzle.com/rustic_ancient_wedding_return_address_label-106175797048719275

With the above product of yours I am able to click abc Personalize this text and I have options to change the text.

I don't know if this info helps or not??

Thanks for your help. But it's about older products. And not about recently made products with the new design tool. I found out because I was getting these products out of Hidden status. Have a nice day.
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 2:07:03 PM
PicsAsPassion wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

Thanks for the reply. You can just look behind the scenes by simply customizing my product. Just as customers can. And in the design tool you can see the text labels and customize on products is available. (At the right sight.) Then click on DONE. And everything for personalize is available now.
(Then publish it and delete the not working one)
This seems like the same problem as the Ornaments a time ago. Of which only an empty backside was visible.

No, I can't see quite as much as you see. I can see the labels in your text layers, but I have no access to the settings for templates. nevertheless, seeing the labels proved to me that you actually set them up as templates. I hope you don't have too many like that because it will require remaking those products, which will mean losing any stats you have for them if they sold previously.

If I can see it, Zazzle should be able to see it too. It would be nice if they corrected the problem for you.
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 3:33:55 PM
PicsAsPassion wrote:
Dear Zazzle,

I was very surprised when I discovered that products with Customizable / Personalizable text don't work. Customers do not see the text on the product page:

"abc Personalize this template Details>"

And cannot personalize the text. Only by adjusting the design and republishing it.
It concerns all products that were made before Zazzle made major changes to the site last year. Such as the design tools, Zazzle Create and Collaborate.

Customers will not buy these products. (Income losses.) And the designers together with the promoters suffer damage in my opinion. Because all products with this problem must be republished. And all old products must then be removed. That is why all promoter links on these products will no longer work.

You can probably solve this problem. Without the designers having to change all products (which were made for about last summer).

Thanks in advance.....

(Working with windows 10 and the latest Google browser version.)

Try logging out and see if you see "Personalize". You see "Customize" if you're logged in. Not sure if this is what you mean or not.
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 4:10:14 PM
Logging out will only show her what you and I see, which is exactly the same as what a customer sees. There's definitely something wrong in there.

EDIT: PicsAsPassion - By any chance, is "Allow editing on product page" disabled? Not being you, I'm not able to see your text settings.
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 2:38:16 AM
Colorwash wrote:

EDIT: PicsAsPassion - By any chance, is "Allow editing on product page" disabled? Not being you, I'm not able to see your text settings.

I thought about that, too.
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 2:42:47 AM

No, I can't see quite as much as you see. I can see the labels in your text layers, but I have no access to the settings for templates. nevertheless, seeing the labels proved to me that you actually set them up as templates. I hope you don't have too many like that because it will require remaking those products, which will mean losing any stats you have for them if they sold previously.

If I can see it, Zazzle should be able to see it too. It would be nice if they corrected the problem for you.[/quote]

Roses I like your answer. I am probably not the only one with that problem concerning personalizing text.
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 2:46:29 AM
Dale M. Boyce wrote:
Colorwash wrote:

I thought about that, too.

Thanks for the Idea but "Allow editing on product page" is available and not turned off. So that's not the problem.
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020 6:16:04 AM
Hi PicsAsPassion, I am sure that you intended to set these designs up as a template but unfortunately it seems the designs you provided above, were all published with the "make product a template?" option set to no. Unfortunately we cannot undo this so if you require the personalize fields to appear on the product page, you will need to redo the designs.
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020 7:40:51 AM
Padie wrote:
Hi PicsAsPassion, I am sure that you intended to set these designs up as a template but unfortunately it seems the designs you provided above, were all published with the "make product a template?" option set to no. Unfortunately we cannot undo this so if you require the personalize fields to appear on the product page, you will need to redo the designs.

Aha! There's the answer!
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:06:23 AM
Padie wrote:

Roses Thank you very much for the helping hand. Now i understand the problem what is made by me when i publish the created products. And after publishing there is no way to undo this. So i have to redo the designs. Glad it was a mistake of myself and not something like a general problem. Love
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:08:00 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Padie wrote:

Aha! There's the answer!

Thank you for your interest and for thinking along