Zippo Lighters Rejection
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:04:37 AM
Is it not allowed to use purchased graphics on Zippo lighters, even though I have permission to use them for POD sites? I posted a pattern made from various graphics, that were altered/ combined like the license stated, and still it got rejected (after a few weeks.) I emailed Zazzle with a copy of the license, and also a copy of the email I got right from the site I bought the graphics from that double clarified their permission for POD sites, but I doubt it will do any good. Even if I had posted my own photo, what's to prevent them from thinking I bought that too on a graphics site? I suppose it's best just to avoid the lighters altogether.
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:18:01 AM
Connie wrote:
. Even if I had posted my own photo, what's to prevent them from thinking I bought that too on a graphics site? I suppose it's best just to avoid the lighters altogether.

This situation happened to me. In order to prove it was my own photo I had to reply to their email with a Photoshop file (which the design tool doesn't accept) which had all my camera's metadata embedded in the file (something that's lost in JPEG uploads). They accepted this and my photo went on the lighter (which nobody has bought) but it was all such a pain in the neck that I haven't done a lighter since.
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:18:37 AM
Connie wrote:
Is it not allowed to use purchased graphics on Zippo lighters, even though I have permission to use them for POD sites? I posted a pattern made from various graphics, that were altered/ combined like the license stated, and still it got rejected (after a few weeks.) I emailed Zazzle with a copy of the license, and also a copy of the email I got right from the site I bought the graphics from that double clarified their permission for POD sites, but I doubt it will do any good. Even if I had posted my own photo, what's to prevent them from thinking I bought that too on a graphics site? I suppose it's best just to avoid the lighters altogether.

Zippo has very strict rules for what is allowed. Did you ask Zazzle specifically why it was rejected? I had one rejected because it was determined that the text design would be too appealing to children due to the font type and that the design was very colorful. I've continued designing the lighters with no other issues.
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:03:48 AM
Perhaps the biggest danger in using purchased graphics is that they're supposedly attractive to children. Adults like them too, of course.