Zazzle Heart 2.0: The Adventure Collection 2 pages: [1] 2
Monica
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:39:48 AM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Joined: 11/20/2014
Posts: 241


Hi All,

We are so excited to announce the official launch of The Adventure Collection.

These products are part of Zazzle Heart, an initiative that aligns the nonprofit organization Ubuntu, which works directly with Kenyan makers, with the reach and impact of Zazzle. As part of this collaboration, Zazzle worked closely with a small community of Kenyan artisans, including Maasai tribeswomen, to create these lovely, handcrafted pieces.

Each of the seven products is beautifully handcrafted in Kenya and then can be customized on the Zazzle website to yield a completely personalized, laser-etched heirloom product suitable for the most adventurous of consumers. The seven products included in the collection are:

Leather Phone Pouch
Leather Travel Pouch
Canvas Journal
Custom Leather Journal
Canvas Utility Tote
Leather Tote
Leather Keychain

Since the products will be laser etched, please note the design technique is very similar to the rubber stamps we launched last week. We are so excited for this collection, not only because it comes from such a special place in our hearts, but the quality is amazing and the laser etching just takes it over the top.

To show off your designs on this product, pop over here.

Happy designing!

Love

-Monica


Marian Cates
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:34:04 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 11/7/2009
Posts: 2,359
The products look wonderful. These projects, which allow people in need to earn money for their own work, are truly inspiring. Proud that Z is part of this project.

M

Edited for accuracy.
colorwash
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:58:13 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/27/2014
Posts: 10,669
Location: East Greenbush
The designs on leather appear gray. Is this how they actually appear or is it just to show where the "cut" is?
RunnerTShirtsGifts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:00:43 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 67
The canvas tote says: Materials: 100% sturdy cotton canvas

...but what is that little light brown tab on the strap? Is that leather? If so, this needs to be stated for those that don't want to purchase leather.

Thanks.

Monica
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:46:11 PM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Joined: 11/20/2014
Posts: 241
Hi,

Yes, the little tag is leather. All the products have a little leather tag with the beads. I can go in and make that clear.

Thanks,
Monica
RunnerTShirtsGifts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:55:25 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 67
Monica wrote:
Hi,

Yes, the little tag is leather. All the products have a little leather tag with the beads. I can go in and make that clear.

Thanks,
Monica


Thanks Monica!
LushSpiderArts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:17:14 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 12/14/2013
Posts: 652
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
If I remember correctly there was a royalty suggested for the last set of Zazzle heart products. Is there a specific royalty amount for these products or recommended royalty?
Monica
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:20:24 PM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Joined: 11/20/2014
Posts: 241
There is no limit on this.

Thanks,
Monica
LushSpiderArts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:21:30 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 12/14/2013
Posts: 652
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Thank you, Monica.
LushSpiderArts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:48:42 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 12/14/2013
Posts: 652
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Product type not appended to:
Leather Travel Pouch
Leather Journal
Canvas Utility Tote
PawsitiveDesigns
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:37:13 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 8/2/2010
Posts: 764
Location: Phoenix
Just curious, is there a reason we can only design on the back?
PawsitiveDesigns
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:57:43 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 8/2/2010
Posts: 764
Location: Phoenix
I don't think the royalty calculator is working properly on the leather journal. With a 10% royalty it says the price for the journal is $73.85 but the royalty is $6.28?
Wollastonite
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:03:51 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 10/27/2009
Posts: 1,292
Location: San Jose
These are gorgeous products! I hope they're successful!

It would be nice if the bags had a 3/4 view showing the design side that we could set for the default display. As it is, the marketplace is going to be full of mysterious rectangles.
Monica
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:08:32 PM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Joined: 11/20/2014
Posts: 241
We actually already have a couple more shots of the totes on a mannequin, but those still have to be uploaded.

The reason only one side is designable is because of how the laser etching machine limitations, as well as the line that currently cuts across the back.
Wollastonite
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:21:38 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 10/27/2009
Posts: 1,292
Location: San Jose
Great news!
PawsitiveDesigns
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 8:23:58 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 8/2/2010
Posts: 764
Location: Phoenix
Monica wrote:

The reason only one side is designable is because of how the laser etching machine limitations, as well as the line that currently cuts across the back.


Thanks for the reply and information, Monica. I assumed there was a good reason, I was just curious what it was. BTW, love these products! They look really nice. I hope you do a Zazzle Chat soon so we can see them "in real life"!

Do you have any idea what's up with the royalty calculator? Or, is the royalty on these products somehow calculated differently?


colorwash
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 4:21:59 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/27/2014
Posts: 10,669
Location: East Greenbush
Monica wrote:
The reason only one side is designable is because of how the laser etching machine limitations, as well as the line that currently cuts across the back.

If the design is supposed to be on the front of the leather tote, then the thumbs for the views are wrong. You can choose only the back for the design.
LM Gildersleeve
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 7:23:44 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 7/21/2009
Posts: 3,451
colorwash wrote:
Monica wrote:
The reason only one side is designable is because of how the laser etching machine limitations, as well as the line that currently cuts across the back.

If the design is supposed to be on the front of the leather tote, then the thumbs for the views are wrong. You can choose only the back for the design.


The same goes for the Canvas Utility Tote.
marcia s.
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 10:02:40 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 2/10/2013
Posts: 7,731
Location: Henderson
for the luggage tag, the view on the image that shows all products has the hardware on the left. this view is not available for the product - please add it or change the one where the hardware is on the left...

-marcia s.
Monica
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 10:57:39 AM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Joined: 11/20/2014
Posts: 241
Hi,

The designable view is actually the back. For purposes of this collection, we named the side with the stitching the "front," and the "back" is the designable area.

We are planning on doing a Zazzle Chat next week to introduce the collection and all the hard work that went into it, but if you scroll down to the Zazzle Inspiration section, you will see a video of the product. (can you guys give us some feedback if you like this type of video? It's not dynamic, but we think it helps showcase the product better than a still photo can).

Also, we do not have a luggage tag in this collection?

Thanks for all your excitement regarding this collection.

-Monica
LM Gildersleeve
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 12:10:28 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 7/21/2009
Posts: 3,451
Suggestion... if I were you I'd take the 3/4 view and make it so the design shows (showing the back to view). I suggest this because it is illogical to use that nice view of the open bag without the design.

Just sayin....
TinkerM
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 3:29:01 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/23/2007
Posts: 6,191
Location: BROOKINGS
I absolutely love the journals. I actually and my husband use to hand burn leather ones almost identical to these made by a friend of ours for our program. These are top notch and wanted to thank you for all of the new heart goodies.

I was wondering and sorry if already asked my eyes are bad today, but wasn't there a royalty cap on the heart products? These don;t have one and want to make sure that its correct. Thanks
Christine
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 3:45:04 PM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

Joined: 6/30/2015
Posts: 2,788
No royalty cap, as Monica mentioned above - There's no limit.
TinkerM
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 5:12:50 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/23/2007
Posts: 6,191
Location: BROOKINGS
Christine wrote:
No royalty cap, as Monica mentioned above - There's no limit.


One of those days cannot find anything, looked twice but thank you Christine..
BKMuir
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 11:39:26 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 5/19/2010
Posts: 12,313
Location: Vallejo
Monica wrote:
Hi,

The designable view is actually the back. For purposes of this collection, we named the side with the stitching the "front," and the "back" is the designable area.

We are planning on doing a Zazzle Chat next week to introduce the collection and all the hard work that went into it, but if you scroll down to the Zazzle Inspiration section, you will see a video of the product. (can you guys give us some feedback if you like this type of video? It's not dynamic, but we think it helps showcase the product better than a still photo can).

Also, we do not have a luggage tag in this collection?

Thanks for all your excitement regarding this collection.

-Monica


I don't know if it is my connection or not, but the video hasn't loaded - waiting 10 minutes, reading other forum topics - I gave up.
DigitalDreambuilder
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 6:55:22 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 2/11/2010
Posts: 1,720
Z, can you publish the department codes assigned to each of them please?

Makes it easier for those of us who are promoting them.

i.e dp code for each of these :

Leather Phone Pouch
Leather Travel Pouch
Canvas Journal
Custom Leather Journal
Canvas Utility Tote
Leather Tote
Leather Keychain

Thanks

Dave
TheClothesCloset
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:56:42 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 9/10/2013
Posts: 1,085
RunnerTShirtsGifts wrote:
The canvas tote says: Materials: 100% sturdy cotton canvas

...but what is that little light brown tab on the strap? Is that leather? If so, this needs to be stated for those that don't want to purchase leather.

Thanks.



Does anyone know what the statistics are regarding how many people refuse to use/purchase animal products? I personally think the Adventure Collection is awesome and especially the story behind it. (helping the women of Kenya is certainly something I would not otherwise have the opportunity or where with all to do) and I've already created a ton of products but, I wonder just how the public will view Zazzle selling leather products. Will they think it a good thing (helping the women of Kenya) or will they condemn Z for daring to sell such things? Will they boycott Zazzle? Our stores? Did Z consider this "Animal products" thing an issue before taking it on? Am I over thinking this or is it a real issue? Inquiring minds want to know.

Nancy B.

ETA: My AC collection:
http://www.zazzle.com/collections/adventure_collection-119071140354293977

Marian Cates
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:27:57 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 11/7/2009
Posts: 2,359
TheClothesCloset wrote:
RunnerTShirtsGifts wrote:
The canvas tote says: Materials: 100% sturdy cotton canvas

...but what is that little light brown tab on the strap? Is that leather? If so, this needs to be stated for those that don't want to purchase leather.

Thanks.



Does anyone know what the statistics are regarding how many people refuse to use/purchase animal products? I personally think the Adventure Collection is awesome and especially the story behind it. (helping the women of Kenya is certainly something I would not otherwise have the opportunity or where with all to do) and I've already created a ton of products but, I wonder just how the public will view Zazzle selling leather products. Will they think it a good thing (helping the women of Kenya) or will they condemn Z for daring to sell such things? Will they boycott Zazzle? Our stores? Did Z consider this "Animal products" thing an issue before taking it on? Am I over thinking this or is it a real issue? Inquiring minds want to know.

Nancy B.

ETA: My AC collection:
http://www.zazzle.com/collections/adventure_collection-119071140354293977



Nice collection!
Overthinking, I would say. It's not like Z is offering ivory.

M
TheClothesCloset
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 12:37:58 PM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 9/10/2013
Posts: 1,085
Marian Cates wrote:
TheClothesCloset wrote:
RunnerTShirtsGifts wrote:
The canvas tote says: Materials: 100% sturdy cotton canvas

...but what is that little light brown tab on the strap? Is that leather? If so, this needs to be stated for those that don't want to purchase leather.

Thanks.


Does anyone know what the statistics are regarding how many people refuse to use/purchase animal products? I personally think the Adventure Collection is awesome and especially the story behind it. (helping the women of Kenya is certainly something I would not otherwise have the opportunity or where with all to do) and I've already created a ton of products but, I wonder just how the public will view Zazzle selling leather products. Will they think it a good thing (helping the women of Kenya) or will they condemn Z for daring to sell such things? Will they boycott Zazzle? Our stores? Did Z consider this "Animal products" thing an issue before taking it on? Am I over thinking this or is it a real issue? Inquiring minds want to know.

Nancy B.

ETA: My AC collection:
http://www.zazzle.com/collections/adventure_collection-119071140354293977



Nice collection!
Overthinking, I would say. It's not like Z is offering ivory.

M


touché
scribbleprints
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 7:27:31 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Joined: 3/8/2007
Posts: 764
On the leather, you have the option of "etched" and "solid." But all of them are actually lazer etched, correct? So "etched" and "solid" are just different styles of lazer etching? Can you explain a little bit more about the difference?
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded