Zazzle clocks missing second hand -- production oversight, or the new design going forward?
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:08:13 AM
Late last year, I sold a clock to a returning buyer and good friend who had bought a number of Zazzle clocks from me within the past 2 years.

The clocks that he bought in 2018 all had second hands.
This time, however, the latest clock he bought in late 2019 did not have a second hand.

Curious, I asked Customer Service about this lack of a second hand -- was it intentional (the new production going forward) or accidental (a production oversight).

Initially, I was informed by one customer service rep that the production method for clocks had not changed, so the missing second hand appeared to be a production issue. However, another customer service rep (who later contacted my customer directly) told him that most Zazzle clocks did not have the second hand.

I am quite confused. Who is right? The product description, unfortunately, does not say one way or the other if a second hand is included, and, to the best of my knowledge, none of the photos have ever shown a second hand.

thank you
W.H.
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:16:16 AM
Hi W.H. Sim,as far as I am aware the clocks should have two hands. If this was a sale, could you provide the 169 number in your royalty report and I would be happy to look into this for you? Thanks Smile
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:24:12 AM
Padie wrote:
Hi W.H. Sim,as far as I am aware the clocks should have two hands. If this was a sale, could you provide the 169 number in your royalty report and I would be happy to look into this for you? Thanks Smile

169-90616146-9182857

yes, this was a sale. many thanks, Padie!

W.H.

Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:25:10 AM
Clocks with a second hand would have 3... hours, minutes, seconds ;)
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:28:04 AM
Invincible Penguin wrote:
Clocks with a second hand would have 3... hours, minutes, seconds ;)

yeah, it's confusing, isn't it ... the third hand is actually for the seconds. perhaps I should have said "seconds hand".
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:34:24 AM
I have one of these clocks that I bought it in 2013. It does not have a second hand.
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:37:07 AM
Jerry wrote:
I have one of these clocks that I bought it in 2013. It does not have a second hand.

thanks for your feedback, Jerry.

when my customer's gift recipient got this clock as a Christmas present last year, he thought it was broken because the second hand was not there! I, too, grew up with the "tick tock" clocks.
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:09:08 AM
When buying clocks in stores, if they have a second hand, I take off the cover for the face and remove that third hand because it's the one that tick-tick-ticks me into severe peevishness.
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:38:29 AM
Colorwash wrote:
When buying clocks in stores, if they have a second hand, I take off the cover for the face and remove that third hand because it's the one that tick-tick-ticks me into severe peevishness.

the tick-tick-tick never bothers me, unless I am having a hard time falling asleep. then I hear every tick, and have to imagine that they are sheep with really sharp hooves ... and hopefully these segues and non sequiturs will send me off to dreamland.
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 11:19:19 AM
Following up on this, I can confirm our CS team have assisted your Customer with this. Although clocks used to come with the 3rd seconds hand(just checked an older model we had lying around the office), the newer ones do not. Happy
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 11:31:52 AM
James wrote:
Following up on this, I can confirm our CS team have assisted your Customer with this. Although clocks used to come with the 3rd seconds hand(just checked an older model we had lying around the office), the newer ones do not. Happy

many thanks, James!