why do the words *...
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 10:13:03 AM
show up as * in a title when that is the focus of my design? I posted a * in a heart on a tank top in the show and tell forum and the title shows as "* heart". Here I'll show the example. I have had this happen numerous times. I thought special symbols * were not good in the title, and is there an explanation somewhere I missed on this? If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry if this has been brought up before. Thanks

Edited to say it even happened here when trying to explain this. Are they banned words? Do we have a list of censored words somewhere so I know not to title things like this anymore? I don't even know what to call this now.
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 11:07:08 AM
Weird. I just checked my * shirt, and the same thing happened, though it looked correct in the share window.

There are some censored words on the forums, but I don't know why that would be censored.
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 11:07:52 AM
That is simply beyond weird. I have some Celtic designs and I have an Ethiopian cross. Let's see what happens...

EDIT: It's apparently not the individual words, so it must somehow be "*" combined. There is nothing about the words individually or combined that should make anyone think, "Oh my, bad words!"

Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 11:38:11 AM
Nice designs Smile

I'm thinking it is the celtic and cross combined?
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 11:56:44 AM
TheHopefulRomantic wrote:
Nice designs Smile

Yep. Weird.

ETA: Oh, I think it's because there's a version used by white supremacists.
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 11:59:00 AM
Nice designs Smile

That's the only thing I can figure. We're allowed to speak of Celtic and cross, but we're not allowed to speak of them if we leave out the "and" or whatever other inserted word we might dream up.

In most cases, I can figure out what was on Polly Pinchnose's mind when she banned certain words (a classic one is Charles *ens), but this is an utter mystery.
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:09:15 PM
The really silly part is that there are stores on Zazzle selling merchandise with the actual symbol used by white supremacists.

So you can sell 'em, you just can't talk about 'em.

ETA: And it seemingly doesn't affect those words appearing together in the marketplace, only on the forum.
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:09:28 PM
You can edit it and put spaces in it. Not perfect, but a work around for it.

Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:10:33 PM
Fuzzy wrote:
The really silly part is that there are stores on Zazzle selling merchandise with the actual symbol used by white supremacists.

So you can sell 'em, you just can't talk about 'em.

They should be reported
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:17:08 PM
More ridiculousness - celtic_cross is the more generic term; there are more specific terms used for the cross used by white supremacists (sun cross, wheel cross, Odin's Cross), but those are all allowed in the forum.
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:20:55 PM
Interesting conversation this is turning out to be everyone. I learned something new today Fuzzy. I had no idea. Thanks Maz for the tip. I have a lot of things to fix now.
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 1:53:55 PM
well it is not the word cross or the combo "red cross"

which you would think red cross would be... I worried about that when I posted a bunch of designs with this basic setup.

Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 4:11:35 PM
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 6:33:48 PM
Maybe try using the words, "Celtic Knot Cross" instead of just *?

...Edited: Would a moderator please fix whatever algorithm is banning/blocking the words "celtic" and "cross" used together? This is ridiculous.

There is nothing swear-y about those two words--
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2017 6:39:47 AM
I'm now wondering if those two words "celtic" and "cross" can be used in the description without any red flags by search engines.
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2017 6:41:34 AM
I'm now wondering if those two words "celtic" and "cross" can be used in the description without any red flags by search engines.

I seriously doubt it. The only place in the whole world where it's a problem is here on the forums. After all, the search engines aren't upset by Charles *ens. Grin
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2017 7:17:25 AM
Colorwash wrote:

I seriously doubt it. The only place in the whole world where it's a problem is here on the forums. After all, the search engines aren't upset by Charles *ens. Grin

Good ol' Charles, God bless us every one!
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2017 10:56:00 AM
Colorwash wrote:

LOL Laughing
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:04:31 AM
Forum software, I think, is often easily taken with the vapors.... another forum I belong to will not print the name of the actor in Mary Poppins.. it will only give you *Van* Stick out tongue
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:31:00 AM
Invincible Penguin wrote:
Forum software, I think, is often easily taken with the vapors.... another forum I belong to will not print the name of the actor in Mary Poppins.. it will only give you *Van* Stick out tongue

Oh my poor D V D!
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:55:12 AM
Who are these people who are so terror-stricken by little words?! Laughing
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 7:32:40 PM
Invincible Penguin wrote:

Could you get away with Richard Van Butchy Female ???? Happy
Cuz his first and last name are Verboten here Stick out tongue

or Dyick Van Dike Grin
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:30:18 PM
Laughing laughing at some of the posts.

I ran into a "censorship" when I tried to upload some of my poetry onto a journal. I write Christian poetry and it had the word "stripping" ~ as in being stripped like driftwood. There was no way I could upload that poetry. I was red flagged right and left. My Christian poetry was not allowed. Grin

Grin Grin

It is too bad that the common abuse of c eltic c ross has robbed the words of their historic significance that is far more meaningful than what it is associated with now.

Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 3:46:39 AM
I looked it up, and if there's some sort of new and made-up definition for the cross, I sure couldn't find it. It must be only within some small group of nincompoops who account for nothing.
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:25:28 AM
Smile Hi everyone, I'm learning a lot here Roses I did end up re naming it "Cross in heart". Simple and easy. Then I noticed a new disclaimer has been added to the bottom of the image above the sharing buttons. That's the first time I have seen that.
Roses
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:47:10 AM
Smile Then I noticed a new disclaimer has been added to the bottom of the image above the sharing buttons. That's the first time I have seen that.
Roses

Wow, that is new and different... will probably help avoid returns! so yay!
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:27:46 AM
That disclaimer is in a size that only an ant can read. Laughing
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 10:16:18 AM
Smile Hi everyone, I'm learning a lot here Roses I did end up re naming it "Cross in heart". Simple and easy. Then I noticed a new disclaimer has been added to the bottom of the image above the sharing buttons. That's the first time I have seen that.
Roses

Can you provide a link so we can all see what you are referring to?
I can't locate any "Cross in Heart" with a disclaimer.

Or, are you referring to the text beneath the product image:
"Independent artist’s content may not match model depicted; RealView™ technology illustrates fit and usage only." I see this as referring to a black grandmother image on a teenage oriental model.
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 12:08:18 PM
BKMuir wrote:
Roses

Can you provide a link so we can all see what you are referring to?
I can't locate any "Cross in Heart" with a disclaimer.

Or, are you referring to the text beneath the product image:
"Independent artist’s content may not match model depicted; RealView™ technology illustrates fit and usage only." I see this as referring to a black grandmother image on a teenage oriental model.

yep, that is what she meant...