Why are my products being republished?
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:37:52 AM
Funny thing this morning. I opened my email and received a message that I had published several of my already existing products. I looked at my account and there they were. So now I have several duplicate products Shocked Has anyone had this happened before? Any suggestions on what I should do and what might have happened?

Thanks
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:54:47 AM
From what I can tell Zazzle is creating Case-Mate Barely There iPhone 5C Cases from existing designs, not creating duplicate products. Click on the product name in your email and you'll see. An iPhone 5C case would be very new so not in your existing products (prior to today). I've gotten loads of notifications today and I'm not worried.
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:56:23 AM
They aren't exactly dups. It's product migration. Do a forum search for that phrase and you'll find lots of threads about it.

Basically, when Zazzle has just rolled out some new products very similar to those you've already created (in my case, it was a new iPhone 5 case) your designs will automatically get placed on those new items and posted for sale. No way to stop it. You can delete them if you don't want them, though.

I might be wrong so don't quote me but I *think* it only affects products you've created with Quick Create (please correct me if I'm wrong). The cases I created manually were not auto-migrated to the new model.

Hope this helps!
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:05:36 AM
Wow, ok that explains it. I hadn't paid attention before, but they are new products (iphone 5C). Thanks a lot All. Living and learning always!Grin
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:03:01 AM
Had 4 cases migrated today so far. Many more since the migration started. Two of today's cases were not created in QC. Haven't looked at them yet. Thank you Zazzle for saving me work.
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:42:46 AM
HotPinkGoblin wrote:
They aren't exactly dups. It's product migration. Do a forum search for that phrase and you'll find lots of threads about it.

Basically, when Zazzle has just rolled out some new products very similar to those you've already created (in my case, it was a new iPhone 5 case) your designs will automatically get placed on those new items and posted for sale. No way to stop it. You can delete them if you don't want them, though.

I might be wrong so don't quote me but I *think* it only affects products you've created with Quick Create (please correct me if I'm wrong). The cases I created manually were not auto-migrated to the new model.

That is not true. I create and created all of my products manually and I have gotten lots of mails to let me know that there are new products with migrated designs. Around 95% the images don'y show up on the products. So I have lots and lots white frames Crying
Anyway thank you for your answer and trying to help us out. Thea

Hope this helps!
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:06:18 PM
I don't use auto create so this has nothing to do with this. Unfortunately I'm unable to view the new migrated cases in my back section, in products, for some reason they are there but have no image? I hope this get fixed as I need to sort through and delete ones that don't fit correctly. I like to delete ASAP to avoid zazzle indexing and harming my stores status. Noticing that not all zazzlers are removing poorly placed artwork as showing below my products as alternatives. Not sure it is good for the customer or Zazzle, all starting to look a mess. Would prefer them going into review area then you could check before mass posting this would avoid poor cases being posted.
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:10:33 PM
We've been told to leave them alone until monday, then look what to delete or change...
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:35:21 PM
Thanks for the corrections, everyone!

However, what's strange is I haven't had any other products auto-migrated (yet?). The only one that did was my only QC design. Now I'm wondering why my other manual stuff was ignored. Go figure!

Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:42:09 PM
greendeer wrote:
We've been told to leave them alone until monday, then look what to delete or change...

Who told you that? Is that why acting strange? Been through most of mine now worried... Sick of looking and updating cases particularly as I have sooo many and haven't sold one in a long time.
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:48:02 PM
Hi Mylittleeden,

Here's the thread from earlier advising us to leave them alone:

http://forum.zazzle.com/create/picture_not_appearing_with_migrated_iphone_cases
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:57:56 PM
HotPinkGoblin wrote:
Hi Mylittleeden,

Here's the thread from earlier advising us to leave them alone:

Great wish someone had pointed me to this earlier >Sad to late for me done two pages of them so fed up with cases...
Thanks for this shame I work your nights!
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 12:08:59 AM
For those of us overwhelmed by cases you could always give wrapping paper a whirl. New, overnight ...

http://forum.zazzle.com/news/new_product_thread

Roses
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:35:57 AM
I hate this automatic migration, they keep updating cases and most of my images do not fit properly. I do not seem to have any options to modify them or even delete anymore. help please Crying ?
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:44:56 AM
Fossfor wrote:
I hate this automatic migration, they keep updating cases and most of my images do not fit properly. I do not seem to have any options to modify them or even delete anymore. help please Crying ?

There are many posts about this on the forum. You can use the search function to type in a few words on the the topic to find them. One being "migration".

Don't bother with the new ones until Monday, as we've been told by Zazzle.

HotPinkGobline provided one link that leads to a post that contains a reply from someone from Zazzle. I'll post it again.
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:51:20 AM
Posted in the News Forum on Thursday

Quote:
first, let's get the maintenance out of the way. much like with the speck product migration from a couple of weeks back, we're doing it once again with case-mate and case savvy.

rules:
Case-Mate iPhone 5 Cases to Case-Mate iPhone 5C Cases
Savvy iPhone 5 Cases to PUSA iPhone 5C Cases

they are currently being built (stitched together), so please don't touch them until early next week. you may see duplicates, but we'll delete them.