which iPhone version should I design on?
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 10:43:34 PM
I design a lot of iPhone cases... what I do is: I just click on the iPhone and leave it on the Casemate 7/8 , Barely There.

Is this a good tactic? Or should I be placing my designs on the LATEST version of the iPhone?

Also, I've completely neglected the Samsung Galaxy. I know people can simply use the drop-down and click on one of the Samsung cases... but would it be better if I made a whole separate listing for Samsung cases?
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 11:16:43 PM
Since the only phone cases I sell with any regularity are Otterbox I am probably not the best person to answer but anyway... I try to mix it up.

Most people I know are still using older model phones and not just iPhones. in fact most of my family use Samsung galaxies of various ages.
I use an old refurbished iPhone 6.

And then there are teenagers like my grandson who got an iPhone SE for Christmas. I think many parents bought their kids one of those because they were the cheapest option for a new iPhone.

So I try to have a few designs with each type of phone so that I can attract different buyers. Then they can see my other designs and choose the phone they need from the drop down menu.

It sounds great in theory but as I said I don't sell many phone cases except for Otterbox, so maybe it isn't actually a good plan.
Idea
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 11:27:17 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Since the only phone cases I sell with any regularity are Otterbox I am probably not the best person to answer but anyway... I try to mix it up.

Most people I know are still using older model phones and not just iPhones. in fact most of my family use Samsung galaxies of various ages.

And then there are teenagers like my grandson who got an iPhone SE for Christmas. I think many parents bought their kids one of those because they were the cheapest option for a new iPhone.

So I try to have a few designs with each type of phone so that I can attract different buyers. Then they can see my other designs and choose the phone they need from the drop down menu.

It sounds great in theory but as I said I don't sell many phone cases except for Otterbox, so maybe it isn't actually a good plan.
Idea

This is interesting. I just wasn't sure, because it seems when a new iPhone comes out, everyone rushed out to get it. But that may just be a false perception. Who can buy a new iPhone every time one comes out? And for the cost, I personally would hold on to it for as long as possible.

Maybe I should give Otterbox cases a try. I have none in my main shop. I think in the only shop I tried Otterbox cases, I did sell one.

I asked because I feel like my all over patterns look good on these types of products... yet I hardly ever sell phonecases.

Thanks, Shelli. Roses
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 11:39:43 PM
Terri wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

Idea

This is interesting. I just wasn't sure, because it seems when a new iPhone comes out, everyone rushed out to get it. But that may just be a false perception. Who can buy a new iPhone every time one comes out? And for the cost, I personally would hold on to it for as long as possible.

Maybe I should give Otterbox cases a try. I have none in my main shop. I think in the only shop I tried Otterbox cases, I did sell one.

I asked because I feel like my all over patterns look good on these types of products... yet I hardly ever sell phonecases.

Thanks, Shelli. Roses

I think Otterbox sell well because this is one of the only places to get a custom Otterbox that is not just a skin.

I just sold 2 in the last 2 weeks.

I need to add more! Smile
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 7:48:12 PM
So far I have only sold 2 phone cases, and they were both the Case-Mate Tough for the iPhone X. I do try and put my designs on several different cases for different styles of phones to cover all my bases, although it's quite time-consuming.