What are your best selling items?
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 11:50:59 PM
I'm curious to know what some of your best selling items are. I made a variety of things to see what people are looking for but it seems super random to me.

Things I spent a lot of time on aren't even looked at, while other things are viewed almost everyday and I'm not sure why.

Not sure if you want to share your secrets .. hahah ... but I'm hoping to see what you guys are doing well with.

My most sold item is a political shirt I made. I have no clue where the traffic is coming from.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 12:04:56 AM
My sales are all over the map. But some of my bestsellers are business cards postcards and address labels.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 12:17:25 AM
Mine are playing cards,T-shirts & postcards.
I'm noticing more mouse pad sells as well.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 12:35:56 AM
ink stamps seem to be selling well for me, I am starting to personalise things a lot more, monograms or business names etc... other than that a whole range of items, the most significant subject matter Paua Shell from here in NZ. I guess ex-pats??

I try to concentrate on either subjects hard for others to find(local to your location/culture), or something artist are better at, drawing/ability to use art programs, or take good photos.
hope this helps others...
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:49:24 AM
Mine are all over the place too, and trying to find some sort of pattern or trend is driving me nuts. LOL

I do have one particular item that sells every year, at the same time of year, in multiples. I think it's a cute design, but I would not have guessed that it would be my biggest seller.

Of course, I can't afford any sort of marketing, so I just design away and let Zazzle do its thing. It works well enough for me to get some spending money every year, so I'm not complaining. Smile
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 5:03:37 AM
wrapping paper and postcards and duvet covers (ok, just kidding about the duvet covers)
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 5:32:28 AM
Mostly t-shirts, stickers, & mugs. All so unrelated lol.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 5:45:51 AM
For me, it's less about the product than it is the design. The same design will, for instance, sell on a clock and poster but not on a mug, while another design will sell on a mug but nowhere else.

Zazzle sells all the same products you can buy almost anywhere, so why buy a clock here when you can buy one at Walmart and probably at a lower cost? Unique design is what attracts people here.

@Kymberli_Designs: I've concluded there's a special mindset for designing t-shirts, and I don't have it. I suck at selling them.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:30:31 AM
My best sellers were mostly products I made on a lark, expecting them to go nowhere. Temporary tattoos, guitar picks, playing cards, and t-shirts.

But I'll echo Colorwash here. My repeat sellers tended to be focused on a single design, or minor variations of it. So things I created with that design when I first started continued to sell. New, improved versions were largely a bust. Most everything else was basically a one-off.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:31:23 AM
I make sells on many different items, it seems to come in clusters. For a while I will sell mostly tee shirts, then I will sell mostly mugs, the for awhile it will be notepads (which I was really surprised about). I would have to say without really doing any research on the matter that greeting cards and postcards are my most consistant sellers
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 6:44:02 AM
Colorwash wrote:
For me, it's less about the product than it is the design. The same design will, for instance, sell on a clock and poster but not on a mug, while another design will sell on a mug but nowhere else.

Zazzle sells all the same products you can buy almost anywhere, so why buy a clock here when you can buy one at Walmart and probably at a lower cost? Unique design is what attracts people here.

@Kymberli_Designs: I've concluded there's a special mindset for designing t-shirts, and I don't have it. I suck at selling them.


I also have a few bestselling designs that sell on a wide range of products. I always add any design that sells to more related type products just in case it wants to be a bestseller too. 🤓
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:54:27 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
I'll echo Colorwash here. My repeat sellers tended to be focused on a single design, or minor variations of it.

Same. For me it's tissue paper which thanks to the design Transfer feature the same design is now starting to sell on paper party products like napkins and placemats.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 11:43:48 AM
My highest quantity sellers are items that people tend to buy in bulk: moving postcards, paper plates, favor boxes, stickers.

The greatest # of orders are for: embroidered hat, t-shirts, stickers, cards/postcards.

As stated above, one or two designs sell repeatedly.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 2:32:09 PM
Believe it or not, the product I've sold the most of is a paper party hat for birthdays... it also holds the record for my biggest bulk sale ever, when someone ordered 1200 of them a couple of years ago (I know right, who has that kinda birthday party?!!)

Next in quantity would be invites, favor boxes and business cards.

For which product made me the most money, that's an entirely different question Grin
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 2:34:10 PM
Paper products and political stuff.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 5:44:00 AM
Colorwash wrote:
@Kymberli_Designs: I've concluded there's a special mindset for designing t-shirts, and I don't have it. I suck at selling them.


My mindset is a sarcastic smart a$$ Laughing Apparently there are a lot of people out there that have my same sense of humor, who would have thought!

Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 6:31:24 AM
Kymberli, you've got the magic touch! I find your sense of humor wonderful, so if I recognize this, why can't I do it too? Answer: I suck.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 7:39:12 AM
Kymberli_Designs wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
@Kymberli_Designs: I've concluded there's a special mindset for designing t-shirts, and I don't have it. I suck at selling them.


My mindset is a sarcastic smart a$$ Laughing Apparently there are a lot of people out there that have my same sense of humor, who would have thought!



I have this same quote (in smaller text) on a t-shirt and it's my best seller in one of my stores. I created the design several years ago (2016) and it continues to sell often.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 7:55:54 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Kymberli, you've got the magic touch! I find your sense of humor wonderful, so if I recognize this, why can't I do it too? Answer: I suck.

I tend not to post sarcasm on my products, even though it's very much in line with my own sense of humor, which can also get very dark and macabre.

My 'filter' has some holes in it, which sometimes elicits shocked laughter at the fact that anyone would say whatever unfiltered thing I just said. Sometimes it gets a "Where did you hear that?" response. My answer being, "From my own mouth, just now. I think you were there?"

So why don't I draw on this resource? Like Colorwash, I'm not really sure why. I certainly don't subscribe to the idea that the easily offended should get to tell me what I can or can't express. I think it's more that I genuinely don't want to cause someone real hurt through my own carelessness / lack of foresight / blindspots. That, and humor somewhat being generational. The market here being largely millennial, I doubt they would 'get' my humor. I might make the rare foray into self-deprecating irony, but that's about it.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 7:56:58 AM
The Dancing Pelican wrote:
I have this same quote (in smaller text) on a t-shirt and it's my best seller in one of my stores. I created the design several years ago (2016) and it continues to sell often.


It certainly is a good quote! Haha! I hear it from my fiance on a daily basis, so much so that I was like "I have to put that on a shirt". I love funny, snarky quotes!
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 8:45:48 AM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
My 'filter' has some holes in it, which sometimes elicits shocked laughter at the fact that anyone would say whatever unfiltered thing I just said. Sometimes it gets a "Where did you hear that?" response. My answer being, "From my own mouth, just now. I think you were there?"

So why don't I draw on this resource? Like Colorwash, I'm not really sure why. I certainly don't subscribe to the idea that the easily offended should get to tell me what I can or can't express. I think it's more that I genuinely don't want to cause someone real hurt through my own carelessness / lack of foresight / blindspots. That, and humor somewhat being generational. The market here being largely millennial, I doubt they would 'get' my humor. I might make the rare foray into self-deprecating irony, but that's about it.

You and I have been cast from the same mold. I believe it's a case of being momentarily possessed by a deranged spirit.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 10:02:26 AM
Colorwash wrote:
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
My 'filter' has some holes in it, which sometimes elicits shocked laughter at the fact that anyone would say whatever unfiltered thing I just said. Sometimes it gets a "Where did you hear that?" response. My answer being, "From my own mouth, just now. I think you were there?"

So why don't I draw on this resource? Like Colorwash, I'm not really sure why. I certainly don't subscribe to the idea that the easily offended should get to tell me what I can or can't express. I think it's more that I genuinely don't want to cause someone real hurt through my own carelessness / lack of foresight / blindspots. That, and humor somewhat being generational. The market here being largely millennial, I doubt they would 'get' my humor. I might make the rare foray into self-deprecating irony, but that's about it.

You and I have been cast from the same mold. I believe it's a case of being momentarily possessed be a deranged spirit.

"Okay, which of you is using my mouth without my permission, again?" Yeah - sometimes I shock myself / can't believe I just said 'xyz'.

I could write a book about some of the unexplained things that happen with my brain. Like wondering why I'm having trouble writing, then realizing I'm using the wrong hand. Or picking something up, and then wondering why I suddenly have thing 'x' in my hand. "Hey, right brain - could you please try to coordinate with left brain? Thanks!"

My brain scans have all been normal, and I've been like this my whole life. It's just part of the 'joy' that comes with being me. (And yes, my husband is a saint / deserves a medal or something.)
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 10:24:25 AM
I feel that I make sales so randomly, I have no idea what will sell next.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 11:10:35 AM
tech stuff.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 12:55:01 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
(And yes, my husband is a saint / deserves a medal or something.)

I bet he finds your peculiarities endearing. It's nice to give joy to others.
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 4:06:56 PM
This sarcastic shirt isn't exactly a best seller but it did sell once.
That surprised me. Laughing



Then there is this one that describes my personality and attention span...

I wish it would sell so I would know somebody understands!

Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 4:27:00 PM
Shelli, your second shirt describes all of us. This thread is a fine example. Laughing
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 8:18:31 PM
Colorwash wrote:
Shelli, your second shirt describes all of us. This thread is a fine example. Laughing

In our house it's "Shiny!" or "Squirrel!"

And if it's something extra special, "Shiny Squirrel!!!"
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2019 9:42:37 PM
Fuzzy Felosarix wrote:
Colorwash wrote:
Shelli, your second shirt describes all of us. This thread is a fine example. Laughing

In our house it's "Shiny!" or "Squirrel!"

And if it's something extra special, "Shiny Squirrel!!!"

lol
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:02:09 PM
Most of my designs are my photos or derived from them, although not all are. I sell quite a variety of different things, although address labels seem to sell the best for me.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.
Print this topic
RSS Feed
Normal
Threaded