Valentine's Day or Love?
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 1:14:20 PM
I'm making a bunch of Valentine's Day things, which could also be categorized as plain old "Love." If I categorize as "Valentine's Day," will they then be less available to people looking for Love in general? On the other hand, if I categorize as "Love," will they not show up in a search for Valentine's Day?

Thanks,
k8
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 1:41:59 PM
If you keyword and title Valentines Day products with Love they will be found in the very crowded field of love and because it is massive and overcrowded it will be hard to find under love only. So you should think of less crowded combinations with the keyword love. Same goes for Valentine.
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 1:48:54 PM
vivendulies wrote:
If you keyword and title Valentines Day products with Love they with be found in the very crowded field of love and because it is massive and overcrowded it will be hard to find under love only. So you should think of less crowded combinations with the keyword love. Same goes for Valentine.

Excellent advice, thanks. But I am specifically wondering about choices in "Events and Occasions" under Categories on the "Post Product for Sale" page.
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 1:59:58 PM
Hard choice, but for me I would categorize under love in general because that is all year long and tag it with Valentines day since that is seasonal. I also have a store category for holidays that I put valentines in.

The great thing about the love choices is there are different types of love sub cats to choose from.

All that being said, love and valentines have not been huge sellers for me so maybe my approach is all wrong...Idea
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 2:07:33 PM
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:
Hard choice, but for me I would categorize under love in general because that is all year long and tag it with Valentines day since that is seasonal. I also have a store category for holidays that I put valentines in.

The great thing about the love choices is there are different types of love sub cats to choose from.

Hi Shelli! That's a good idea, thanks. I guess I'm just not clear how the categorizing works on the Post Product for Sale page. Maybe a better question from me would be, How does it affect the search? And what I REALLY want to know is, how do I get all my stuff to show up at the very top of every search?? Laughing

k8
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 3:22:03 PM
k8coGifts wrote:
Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

Hi Shelli! That's a good idea, thanks. I guess I'm just not clear how the categorizing works on the Post Product for Sale page. Maybe a better question from me would be, How does it affect the search? And what I REALLY want to know is, how do I get all my stuff to show up at the very top of every search?? Laughing

k8

Hi k8coGifts,

Hope your day is going well.

If you haven't already, I recommend taking a look at this help article which can give you a bit more insight on how our search works.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Elizabeth P.

Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 3:29:18 PM
I'll do that. Thanks, Elizabeth!

But can I ask another question? If I choose "Valentine's Day" for where I want my product to live, will that impact negatively on a potential search on "Love" or "Relationships" or something like that?
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 3:36:19 PM
k8coGifts wrote:
how do I get all my stuff to show up at the very top of every search?? Laughing

k8

If you find the answer to this will you please share? Happy

I think we are all searching for that one! Laughing
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 3:38:32 PM
You betcha!
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:43:05 AM
This can be reflected in your tags description of your product. The search will pick these words up too. If you had a yellow valentines card, you would find this car for example. This only has yellow in the tags and valentines in the title and is in this category, yet came up for me searching Yellow valentines Grin

https://www.zazzle.com/grandson_monster_hug_valentine_holiday_card-137789337609616335
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:27:40 PM
James wrote:
This can be reflected in your tags description of your product. The search will pick these words up too. If you had a yellow valentines card, you would find this car for example. This only has yellow in the tags and valentines in the title and is in this category, yet came up for me searching Yellow valentines Grin

https://www.zazzle.com/grandson_monster_hug_valentine_holiday_card-137789337609616335

Thanks, James! Excellent example. Laughing
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:47:11 PM
My advice is to not get all stressed out over those categories as they are just optional and not required. I rarely, if ever, use Events & Occasions or Recipient.