Title Question
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 3:06:29 PM
Do you guys stuff the product title with as many keywords as you can, even if it makes the title a bit long?
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 3:18:19 PM
Yes. But, in my opinion, it should make sense to the human eye and mind.
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 3:20:09 PM
I don't know if I would call it stuffing but yes I do try to incorporate as many as I can and still have it readable by a human. Let me give you a few examples of my latest titles so you see what I mean.

The reason I do this is because we have limited opportunity to add relevant keywords and titles seem to be the first place a search engine will see. Also I am trying to be found by Z search and outside search engines.

Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 3:28:39 PM
Wow shelli, you seem to have a knack with words. I just stare at the monitor thinking of what to write about my designs. Maybe that's why my sales are in such a slump.
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 3:35:42 PM
waterart wrote:
Wow shelli, you seem to have a knack with words. I just stare at the monitor thinking of what to write about my designs. Maybe that's why my sales are in such a slump.

Thanks but, hey I do that sometimes too. And I also had to overcome the urge to give stuff artsy names like I do at my art sites.

The more I do it the easier it gets.

I try to add color, style, at least a snippet of text (if any) then if there is any room left I will add extras like "trendy" "girly" "sparkly" "artsy" etc...

I keep a list of popular words like that taped to the wall next to my computer... lol, a cheat sheet.

Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 3:43:01 PM
🌼Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

I try to add color, style, at least a snippet of text (if any) then if there is any room left I will add extras like "trendy" "girly" "sparkly" "artsy" etc...

I wish I had the problem of having enough room left for extra words, I can't find enough words to fill the in the blanks, ha, ha.

Cool tip of making a word list and putting it near your computer, thanks
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 3:55:18 PM
waterart wrote:
🌼Shelli Fitzpatrick wrote:

I wish I had the problem of having enough room left for extra words, I can't find enough words to fill the in the blanks, ha, ha.

Cool tip of making a word list and putting it near your computer, thanks

you're welcome!
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 5:04:56 PM
Yes - I try to tag creatively as so many items have several uses

Samples::

Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:56:05 PM
Nice samples Sue, I would also add "stripes" to the title so as to describe the pattern, because that's the first thing I thought of when I saw your products.
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:42:20 PM
IDK, I cannot seem to fit much in at all, I run out of room all the time...hehe maybe you guys have a bigger title allowance!!Laughing Laughing Laughing
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:47:36 PM
GillKnox wrote:
IDK, I cannot seem to fit much in at all, I run out of room all the time...hehe maybe you guys have a bigger title allowance!!Laughing Laughing Laughing

lol

adding:

on mine "A Gift for You Fancy Calligraphy Flower Pattern" was my part Zazzle added the rest.
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:06:56 PM
Sue "Green, Black and Yellow Stripes" (or whatever will fit).

Shelli: How the heck did you get away with such long titles? I'm constantly being stopped when my titles become too long.
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:11:57 PM
SweetLoveGifts wrote:
Sue "Green, Black and Yellow Stripes" (or whatever will fit).

Shelli: How the heck did you get away with such long titles? I'm constantly being stopped when my titles become too long.

I don't know Idea I just keep typing until it won't let me anymore. Laughing
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:15:06 PM
·â–½·

I do too, I loose four letters for my marker.

And with SVG additional six

I prioritize and don't necessarily add color and style like grunge and blue to the title but leave those to description and tags.

On occasions I keep it short:

I don't force it.
·â–³·
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:32:11 PM
Fun glasses! I pinned them Smile