Standard frames for perfect posters?
carulcards
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 11:24:37 AM
 Zazzle Proseller
Groups: ProSeller

Hi, everyone. Today I started to make a Perfect Poster to give customers the option of adding a Standard Frame (at the size 20" x 26.67") but after a while I noticed that all frame options are gone. Is is this a bug or a change? Many thanks if you know something about this and also takes the time to answer.
PawsitiveDesigns
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 9:45:00 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

The add-on items are currently not available in the new design tool. I had a customer who wanted to purchase a framed tile/Trivet for a Christmas gift, but couldn't, so I lost the sale. I was told by Support that they will eventually be added, but no ETA.

Personally, I'd like to see all add-on items be available for designers to add when posting a product for sale. It's nice they have that option for the mugs with chocolates and hot chocolate. I'd really like to be able to sell framed prints, pajama bottoms with t-shirts, etc. I think it's more appealing to customers when they're presented with a complete product. When it's "in their face", they don't have to imagine what it would look like. Left as an option it's easy to miss, or at least it was in the old design tool.
carulcards
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 8:02:54 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

Finally I found a 'normal' poster size that was almost as suitable as the Perfect Poster size 20" x 26.67".

The new design tool doesn't seem to have affected normal posters, there are still options for either custom or standard frames. Customers may find it a little confusing that there are some poster sizes that have no frame options at all. So it's a good thing that the add-ons are going to return.

Thank you PawsitiveDesigns for the answer!
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 11:28:41 AM
 Zazzle Proseller

PawsitiveDesigns wrote:

Personally, I'd like to see all add-on items be available for designers to add when posting a product for sale. It's nice they have that option for the mugs with chocolates and hot chocolate. I'd really like to be able to sell framed prints, pajama bottoms with t-shirts, etc. I think it's more appealing to customers when they're presented with a complete product. When it's "in their face", they don't have to imagine what it would look like. Left as an option it's easy to miss, or at least it was in the old design tool.

+1 this is a really great idea that I would like to see as well. I know collections can be used to a certain extent but not generally in the MP. Add on products would seem to fill the gap, and if we designers could choose which to add on that would be so useful! I bet we would see an immediate jump in the sale of this sort of thing too.
Christine
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 4:59:53 PM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

PawsitiveDesigns wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll pass it along
PawsitiveDesigns
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 8:55:29 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Christine wrote:
PawsitiveDesigns wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll pass it along

Thanks, Christine, for passing on the suggestion, I really appreciate it!

Shellibean, Thanks also for supporting this suggestion. I agree, I think there's definitely the potential for increased sales!
Christine
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 1:23:09 PM

Groups: Member, Zazzle Admin, Zazzle Employee

carulcards wrote:
Hi, everyone. Today I started to make a Perfect Poster to give customers the option of adding a Standard Frame (at the size 20" x 26.67") but after a while I noticed that all frame options are gone. Is is this a bug or a change? Many thanks if you know something about this and also takes the time to answer.

Until we are able to get the add-on for frames into the new page, posters are now on the old product page again. So there shouldn't be a problem ordering with a frame
carulcards
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:57:29 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

Fine! Thank you, Christine.
Shellibean_on_zazzle
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 4:26:25 PM
 Zazzle Proseller

PawsitiveDesigns wrote:

Shellibean, Thanks also for supporting this suggestion. I agree, I think there's definitely the potential for increased sales!

Smile