Showing the "personalize it" button using Quick Create
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:52:21 AM
Hi .. I am struggling to get the "personalize it" button to show on my products created using quick create .. I have tried many different settings during the design stage and during the "post for sale" process but it just doesn't work for me Sad Sad .. is it even possible to do this whilst using quick create as it does work when creating individual products.

I am keen to have the "personalize it" button showing to make it easy for the customer to edit text on my monogram products especially when they are viewing on their smartphone.
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:32:22 AM
Yes, it is definitely possible Stuart.
It's a two-part process:

First within the QC design process, on each of your products select the layer that you want customers to personalize and choose 'make this object a template'. This option is hidden behind the 'more options'(three little dots) icon on the lower task bar. (To speed up the process you can copy the template object from one product to another.)

Secondly, on the post for sale page, you have to select 'yes' to make this product a template. (located near the bottom in the 'Additional Information' section)

That's it...you're all set to make happy customers. Grin
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 1:06:47 AM
Hi Array Stores... many thanks for your reply

I do actually follow the procedures you have listed when making a template and then when posting it for sale.

My problem is when I follow them using Quick Create the "personalize" button does not appear on my product pages in windows and on my Android smartphone.

Am I right in thinking the "personalize" button is different from the "customize"

"personalize" i think Zazzle call it EZ shows text fields for the customer to simply change the text.

"Customize" allows the customer to enter the design template and change within there.

My problem is that neither of the above show on my android smartphone when I use Quick Create .. "personalize" does show when I create a product individually not using Quick create.

I have seen products from other designers which seem to be Quick created actually showing the "personalize" option and am getting quite frustrated as to why it doesn't show for me lol
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 3:38:52 PM
mmmmm...not sure why that is happening to you then Stuart. I just checked some of my products made using QC and they do show 'personalize' on both my iPhone and PC.
Hopefully another, wiser Zazzler will come along with an answer for you.Smile
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 6:39:01 AM
Hi Array Stores .. many thanks for your reply

Below is a link to one of my Quick Create produced products designs using the steps you list above .. I wonder if you could please check it out on your iphone to see if the "personalize" button shows for you?

Many thanks
Stuart
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:59:25 AM
ah .. links not showing
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 1:30:29 PM
Do you know where to find the 'BBC code' Stuart...under the 'Share this' link option? (Sorry, I don't know if you're a new Zazzler or if you already know your way around the site)
I'd be happy to check it out for you if you can paste the link here.
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 12:07:45 AM
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 8:25:37 AM
hmmmmm.....interesting conundrum, no personalize or customize in either place.

I'll do a little more research to see if I can come up with any answers for you. I'm drawing a blank at the moment.
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 8:27:04 AM
I too would love to know how to get text customizable when using QC. I've been trying for years to figure this out, or find a thread on the forum that explains how to do this. Making images customizable works fine in QC, but text I've never been able to do.

When making products that I want to have customizable text for the customer, even if it's a bunch of different products, I do them one by one just because I can't get it done with QC.
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 8:32:02 AM
ArtAttic: I've never had any problem getting text to be customizable using QC...as long as you check mark both place as mentioned above.

Stuart: may be a silly question, but you did check off the 'Show "Customize it" option on the post for sale page I assume?

I just did a test QC batch to see if it's still working for me..I haven't done a real batch for a couple of weeks so maybe something has changed. I'll let you know.
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 9:36:49 AM
Array Stores wrote:
ArtAttic: I've never had any problem getting text to be customizable using QC...as long as you check mark both place as mentioned above.

So you mean to do those two steps for every single product when having selected and going through a QC batch?
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 10:32:57 AM
ArtAttic wrote:
Array Stores wrote:

So you mean to do those two steps for every single product when having selected and going through a QC batch?

You have to do the first step on each product ArtAttic but to speed up the process, I usually just copy and paste the template object from one product to the next within the batch. (If you make it a template on the first product and then copy the layer to the next product, it will still be a template).

The second step only has to be done once on the 'post for sale' page of the batch.
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 11:10:59 AM
Array Stores wrote:
ArtAttic wrote:
Array Stores wrote:

You have to do the first step on each product ArtAttic but to speed up the process, I usually just copy and paste the template object from one product to the next within the batch. (If you make it a template on the first product and then copy the layer to the next product, it will still be a template).

The second step only has to be done once on the 'post for sale' page of the batch.

Alright, giving it a shot right now with a small QC batch. Just have to wait for the products to show up in my store Smile
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:42:49 AM
Array Stores wrote:

Stuart: may be a silly question, but you did check off the 'Show "Customize it" option on the post for sale page I assume?

I just did a test QC batch to see if it's still working for me..I haven't done a real batch for a couple of weeks so maybe something has changed. I'll let you know.

when you say "check off" do you mean turn off the customize it option??
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:47:12 AM
I checked it as yes "show customize button" by the way
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:50:13 AM
also I need clarity as to the difference between "customize" and "personalize" I understand it to be this ....

"personalize" i think Zazzle call it EZ shows text fields for the customer to simply change the text.

"Customize" allows the customer to enter the design template and change within there.

It is the "personalize" button that I am concerned about .. I want customers to be able to quickly change text without fuss .. especially on their smartphones.
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:55:57 AM
http://blog.zazzle.com/2015/02/23/3-options-customizable-zazzle-designs/

This blog tells us to say no to the "customize it" option in order to allow the personalize button to show
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:51:09 AM
Stuart wrote:
also I need clarity as to the difference between "customize" and "personalize" I understand it to be this ....

It is the "personalize" button that I am concerned about .. I want customers to be able to quickly change text without fuss .. especially on their smartphones.

You're right in your descriptions of the difference between the two Stuart.

Stuart wrote:
http://blog.zazzle.com/2015/02/23/3-options-customizable-zazzle-designs/

This blog tells us to say no to the "customize it" option in order to allow the personalize button to show

That's something I didn't know. I've always left it as 'yes'. If you put it as 'yes', like I've been doing, the active template fields will still be there under a line that reads 'Personalize this template' however there won't be a big button. If you put 'no' the button appears. When a customer clicks on the button, it makes the template fields pop up making them easier to see. I guess I should start doing that.

The button will read 'customize' when you are logged in and change to 'personalize' when you are logged out. If you don't have any template fields it will still read 'customize' when logged out (as long as you checked 'yes' to show the button).
So that 'yes' or 'no' check mark determines whether or not the button appears at all...not what it reads...that is determined by whether or not you are logged in.

When I checked your products through the link you provided, I didn't find a 'customize' or 'personalize' button or any template fields either so that's why I was checking into it for you. I'm still waiting for my test QC batch to show up to see if it worked properly for me.

Hope that helps clear things up...sometimes my explanations just confuse things more..lol.
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:58:39 AM
All clear .. many many thanks for your input on this
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:17:00 AM
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:06:01 PM
Stuart, I just thought I would let you know my text QC batch finally showed up and the template fields did not show up properly for me either. I'm in the middle of another project that doesn't involve QC but when I get time I'll
for sure be testing again cuz somethin is definitely not right.
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2017 1:51:17 AM
UPDATE!

I have just posted 9 batches of quick create products (1000 products in total)

and lo and behold within the first 7 batches the personalize button/text
fields has started to show (on about 40-50% of products)

and on the last 2 batches it is there on 100% of products! ... talk about weird coincidence ..

but I think it proves that we are posting the products correctly and it would seem we are at the mercy of another Zazzle glitch perhaps.
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2017 7:28:48 AM
Hi Stuart...there was another thread in the forum here just about the time we started this testing. Apparently QC was broken and now is
fixed so hopefully the problem is resolved. Good luck!