Rename shapes?
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:04:06 PM
Is there a way to rename shape layers in the template? If there is, I couldn’t find it. I think it would be super helpful to be able to change the layer name for customers, so they know precisely what every shape is being used for in case they want to make any changes, instead of seeing everlasting layers all named “rectangle.” Smile
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:02:12 PM
·▽·

Currently there isn't. I would love to be able to rename layers by design and suggested as much. If we're lucky it made the implementation list at some point, because naming layers by design can help customers to navigate a design, esp. when it involves the ability to change colors or add filter effects.

It can get frustrating, when you have to dig through a large number of design elements.

I try to sort layers, so that figuring out what's what is slightly less frustrating ... but without the help of renaming, there is only so much you can do.

·△·
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:31:27 PM
Thanks, Vivendulies! Admittedly, I haven't designed much since the complete re-design of their tools. Most of it is straight-forward; some is a learning curve. I'm used to naming all of my layers in Illustrator/Photoshop, so it just makes sense to be able to do so here as well.